Karisma are a fantastic high-end hotel brand which I have had the pleasure of visiting a few of their resorts and cannot recommend them enough. Whilst the cost is not on the cheap side, the quality is second to non.
My trip was on May 18th 2014 for 11 nights and was a bit of a "mum and me time" holiday so wanted to book something that would be a nice reward for all of the hard work we had been putting into our jobs recently.
I am used to working with 5 Star brands which you could say is a curse when booking my own annual holiday... but I want to emphasise that the service, the hotel itself, the wonderful people working in the resort and more or less everything about the actual resort has all been magnificent it's a beautiful hotel, small and refined, with swinging day beds, thatched roofs, beach butler service and blue champaign handed out with a cold towel upon arrival. You get to choose what pillow you want to sleep on, what smell in the room you prefer and are made to feel completely welcomed with a lovely rustic feel hotel room that awaits you with your cases taken directly for you. Nothing is too much to ask for and everything is wonderful.......however where the disappointment creeps in is the consumption of the resort to weddings!
Please, do not think we are miserable in fact the first few were very lovely to see and we really didn't mind and even watched from afar with smiles and happiness for the newlyweds. However after the first two days of beach areas and restaurants being closed off, wedding party's spilling into the only couple of small bar areas in the resort and you generally feeling bad and trying to dodge the wedding photographer every day whilst wearing a bikini and sarong it really does get a tad annoying. There was a wedding everyday, sometimes even two and with guest ranging up to parties of forty you simply couldn't get away from it or crowds of wedding party people. Beautiful for the wedding parties, not so idealistic for the normal paying guest as we were. The resort is so intimate and beautiful of course why wouldn't you want your wedding here but as a normal guest it's very unfair as there's no escape from it as it is such an intimate resort.
As a positive the holiday was amazingly bliss daily up until 4:30pm and then the wedding music would play over the PA around the resort and the ceremony would start and then the restaurant areas cornered off.
We even spent three nights having room service and watching films as we got fed up of large wedding crowds which is not really what we booked the holiday for. Please dont' get me wrong we met some really lovely people who were part of various wedding parties, but I'm just talking about our overall holiday experience and what we was and wasn't expecting from this holiday.
I would imagine that this is a seasonal thing but as I paid a little over £4000 for this holiday for two people (my mum and myself) I really do feel strongly that you should be made aware about the weddings prior to booking due to the resort being small which is also what gives it its beautiful charm.
On a positive note use the Spa its fab and you never have to que or wait for anything or save beds by the pool. You need to ensure you reserved your day bed on the beach should you want one at 3pm the previous day.Theres also not a lot going on during the evening which suits some just fine depending what you want, but weddings put aside its definitely a 'chilled' holiday. Restaurant wise if you dont eat fish or a fussy eater like my mum then your options will be limited but if not then you'll be very happy. Only thing is the desert dishes are very limited...I think options everywhere are only Chocolate Brownie, Ice Cream, White Moose and Cheesecake....great for the waistline though!
Take the weddings out of the equation it's a beautiful resort all round! Apologies to all the wedding parties as I'm sure you simply had the best time ever ;)
YOU MUST GO TO COCO BONGOS IN CANCUN IT'S AWESOME!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Azul Beach Hotel is a family-friendly, boutique-style property located on a gorgeous beach 20 minutes from Cancun International Airport. All of the 148 rooms are just steps from the beach, pools, restaurants and bars.Featuring the Gourmet Inclusive® concept, epicurean offerings include candlelight dining on the beach, a fresh fish fry and butler service to the canopied beach beds. There’s an all-lobster menu, 24-hour room service and over 30 tequilas in the tequila lounge.Azul Beach especially caters to families with young children with loaner baby equipment, kid's club and parent support. The exclusive Family & Friends Vacation Planner coordinates family reunions. Romantic couples love Beachfront Sky Massages and Suite Scenes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Beach Hotel, By Karisma Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Azul Resort All Inclusive Beach
- Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya Mexico
- Azul Hotel Beach Resort