“Beautiful family resort”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Monterey
“Beautiful family resort”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This hotel is right on the beach. it is very clean, safe and the staff were wonderful. I would definitely recommend this resort. there is many pools, swim up pool bars, beach activities, and swinging cabanas on the beach. the spa was beautiful, and the massage was one of the best I've ever had. and to top it off the food was delicious.

Room Tip: the swim up rooms are nice, but not necessary. most all rooms have an ocean view.
1 Thank cathyMonterey
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with the Tripadvisor community. I´m glad to know that we were able to provide you and your family with a perfect vacation experience.

We hope to see you again at the Azul Beach Hotel.

gm@azulbeachresort.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (898)
  • Polish first
chicago, il
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We had a blast at this resort. We went over Christmas break 2013 with our 15 mo old daughter. The room came with a crib with a great mattress pad, an infant portable tub/changing table, and you could also rent toys for the room! The staff was constantly calling our daughter "Princess", and there were MORE than enough high chairs in every restaurant, and some even included toys on the tray. Oh, and they gave us a stroller to use, too!
The Azulitos playhouse was awesome - their babysitters were well-vetted. We felt very comfortable leaving our daughter with a babysitter for a few hours at night while we had a dinner on the beach and went for a walk. They even had cribs in there so she could be put down to bed.

My only complaint is that they did NOT have Cheerios. I know it's a silly request, but 90+% of families with babies use cheerios. Why not have them for the kids? And they didn't have whole milk, but that's okay, afterall.

Oh, and the cost was pretty steep, but we were willing to pay it to have a good time with our baby.

We are very excited to hopefully go back again next year!

Room Tip: Higher floors do NOT have elevators, so if you're traveling with a little one all alone, make su...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank amyray
Thank you for your detailed review, I thoroughly enjoy reading your feedback. I do agree, Azulitos is great for kids, parents can leave their children and have the peace of mind that they are being cared for by fully qualified nannies and kids club staff.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you at the Azul Beach Hotel again in th future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Returned to Azul for the fifth time this May/June for two weeks and this wonderful resort still ticks all the boxes for a wonderful holiday.
From the moment we arrived and were met by Alberto with a cold towel and glass of champagne I knew that we had arrived at our piece of paradise in the Caribbean.
Within hours we started to meet old friends/staff who greeted us so warmly. Hans deserves special mention, this guy is such an asset, always ready to help with anything and always a smile. Many thanks to Peter the general manager, the wait staff, front desk staff, the room attendants etc. etc. Nothing was too much trouble, all we had to do was ask and hey presto!
Couple of points which I feel would make this place even better.
The hotel does not offer the facility of collection at the airport but passed us on to a travel company to which we had to give our credit card details, this I felt very uncomfortable with, never before have I stayed at a hotel that could not arrange transport to it's establishment.
Guests from the UK and Europe usually go on vacation for two weeks at a time because of the 11 hour flight to get there. The hotel has different nightly entertainment for seven nights, then it repeats itself so we are have to watch the same show twice.
Small moans which detracts very little from this great hotel.
A really big "DON'T FORGET", tip as you go along, it's not expected but it is so much appreciated.
Are we returning, already being planned as we speak.

Room Tip: No bad rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Allan M
Thank you for spending 2 weeks with us in paradise, It was a pleasure to host your holiday and I appreciate your review, detailing your experiences. I´m glad that our staff made such a positive impact on your stay, I have passed your comment to all of the, specially Hans. Your praise will definately encourage and motivate our staff.

We look forward to your next visit and we wait for you with open arms to welcome you back to the paradise which is Azul Beach Hotel.

Mason, OH
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have been staying at Karisma Hotels since being married at El Dorado Maroma in 2010. Now that we have a son we wanted to try a family friendly Karisma Hotel. We booked through Travel Impressions. It was me, my husband, son as well as 5 of our friends. This is a small boutique hotel. The grounds were beautiful and at night the lights at the pool and other areas were very pretty. We had a swim up suite with a living area and kind bed. It was very nice. I loved check in as I got to choose the fragrance for the room and linen as well as my pillow. I LOVE that kind of stuff. They knew we had a 1 yr old so there was already a crib in the room. I also was able to get toys and a stroller. This hotel caters to kids. I can't say I saw a lot of teenagers but I did see many kids between 6 months and 5 yrs. Not a problem though. It was not noisy or disruptive. I did not take my son to the kids club as we preferred to spend our days on the beach.

The restaurants were okay. I preferred the food at El Dorado - I think there was a little more variety, especially at lunch. I did not have a favorite restaurant. The drinks were good. The beach was nice and the beach beds were very close to the water with great views. As mentioned in other reviews in order to reserve a beach bed, every day at 3pm you have to line up to give your name and room number. Its first come first serve--SO not the way you want to spend your afternoon. That would be my only complaint.

PS. At night there were some mosquitos so bring the bug repellant.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating - shouts out to Matteo, Gino and Omar.

Everyone in our group enjoyed their stay and can't wait to return.

1 Thank SingleDiva
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for your wonderful feedback ! it was an honor to your holiday. I have passed your comments in to the mentioned staff and have also used your review in staff meetings. I can assure you that there is nothing more rewarding that recognition from our valued guests.

We look forward to welcome you soon for another family vacation!

Best regards,

Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I have waited 3 months to write this review, thinking carefully about our experience and wishing it would soften. We went to Azul Beach with very high expectations after having visited the larger Azul Sensatori and Azul Fives and having really great stays at each of these. We thought we would love it at Azul Beach as we love smaller resorts, but we did not.

We travel as a couple, not a family, and this resort is clearly for families.

First I will say that Azul Beach is beautiful. The rooms are gorgeous. Super comfortable bed, beautiful bathroom. There's a nice little balcony to relax on with a drink from the daily stocked mini bar.

Food was good, not the best and definitely needs a change up during the week. You have a choice of 1 restaurant for breakfast, 2 for lunch, plus the beach bbq, then the 3 additional restaurants for dinner. The 3 restaurants for dinner are very good.

Drinks were good as were the house wines, and there is an adequate selection of beer. The tequila bar is very cool, the one spot that has no children are allowed, but you can hear crickets in there, it was empty, no one goes there.

Forget about the pool for adults as well as the swim up bar. It's a tiny pool & when we were there young children were hopping from pool bar seat to pool bar seat all week.

The beach is nice and they have really nice cabanas and swing beds, but the process to get one is horrible. You will spend hours in line in the heat to get a number that then allows you to choose a cabana or swing bed. Terrible system.

I've never been to a resort that so catered to children at the bars. The Aquanox bar is minimally staffed. It is also the favorite of the kiddos for smoothies. So adults will need to get in line and wait for 4 or 5 smoothies to be prepared for them. It just seems weird to have children ordering drinks at a bar with alcohol. Maybe it would be more appropriate to have a separate counter for children to order smoothies & drinks. This is clearly a resort that caters to families, and we were just a couple.

Our biggest issue was the large group there that took priority over ever other guests enjoyment. This resort caters to weddings and one of the wedding parties that were there was huge and took over the resort and restaurants. Management did not do anything to control this, including their loud foul language although this is a family resort. It was rather disturbing to here them "F" this and that while children were present. This is why I will never return to an Azul Resort, they do not know how to manage a group without them interfering with individual guests.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Vakshuner
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for your thoughtful review of the Azul Beach Hotel , it was a pleasure tohost your holiday and we appreciate your feedback.

It is disappointing that the Azul Beach Hotel and the unique vacation experience we offer is not for you . we do our utmost to cater for all ages , whether traveling in a group , as a family or as a couple and we can assure the majority of the time we do this with great sucess ; we are truly very sorry that you failed on this occasion

we do ask all our guests to be respectful of others and we understand that vacations are to be enjoyed and time to relax and let your hair down however , as you mentioned , we are a family resort and we do ask all guests to use the appropriate language and act accordingly.

again , many thanks for your comments , all points have been carefully considered and will be used to perfect the Gourmet Inclusive vacation experience that we provide at the Azul Beach Hotel

Best Regards
Orange, California
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My wife and I recently stayed in Cancun @ Azul Beach with our 2 boys ages 17 and 2 1/2. We chose this resort largely because of reviews on TripAdvisor. Top family friendly resort. Even after reading countless 5 star reviews, raving about the customer service, we were still blown away the star treatment we felt. One staff member was friendlier and had an even bigger smile than the last! The staff really made us feel extremely important. The food was delicious, and there is a lot of variety...everything we ate was very good! The service at the restaurants, which are all high end gourmet was amazing. Didier Aguilar @ Latino and his brother Roberto Aguilar @ Roma made our dinners so much more than just good food. They made it fun for my entire family! What great guys. Another great feature is the personal concierge. Our Concierge was Omar Cordero, and he did a wonderful job of making sure everything we needed was immediately handled and took it upon himself to make sure we were well taken care of and enjoying our trip. His up beat, passion he brought to his job was noticeable and appreciated.

Roberto at the spa (which is great!!) was also working hard to make us feel at home, giving both of my boys massages on the beach! Wow!

Lastly, Gino and the entire group of guys at the beach went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed to fully enjoy our time, beach cabanas, snorkeling gear, kayaks, etc! Great service. And the activities guys engaged my older son and made sure eveyone got involved that wanted to.

It should be obvious by my review, how much we enjoyed our time. All of our expectations were met or exceeded, and we will definitely be back! Muchas gracias por la viaje excelente!!!!

Room Tip: We had a jr swim up suite and it was awesome.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your experiences of your recent stay, it was a pleasure to host your family vacation. I'm glad to hear that there were many aspects of the hotel and found our staff very friendly, attending to you every need.

It was a true pleasure to be your hosts of this holiday and we all hope that you will not leave it too long before you chose to visit us again.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My wife and I spent 4 nights with my son and his family at the Azul beach resort. It is a perfect place for a family vacation. We both stayed in suites that have pools directly outside our sliding door, There also a couple of other pools on the property with swim up bars and one that is only about 2.5 feet for the children. We spent much of our time on the white sand beach swimming in the Gulf blue water. I can truly say the food was as close to gourmet as any resort that I have ever stayed at. They have great restaurant choices Asian,Italian,Latin International as well as casual dining..The staff is well trained and accommodating. Karisma is opening another Azul property in Jamaica Negril Beach next year and we try that next year based on our experience in Peurto Morelos . .

Room Tip: I found that almost any accommodation is convention to all venues .
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review and kind words, it was a pleasure to read the details of your experiences. We do our best to provide all our guests with a unique vacation experience where famililes and couples like can enjoy superior quality and Gourmet Cuisine in a relaxing, beachfront enviroment.

I'm glad that our staff made such a positive impact on your stay.

I truly appreciate your recent visit and hope that you will return again very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Morelos
Moon Palace Cancun
#24 of 175 in Cancun
Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun
Royalton Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

Been to Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!