All last week while at Zoetry in Mexico, i struggled with what kind of rating i should give this property. There are some amazing aspects and some not so amazing aspects. Here they are:
Pros: It is small and intimate. We have been to so many of the mega resorts all around Cancun and knew we didn't want that again. The purpose of the trip was to chill out and relax without having to listen to loud party music by the pool or obnoxious American's drinking too many all-inclusive drinks. Zoetry served that purpose. No music except for the evening mariachi groups in the restaurants. The clientele was a good mix of older couples, younger couples and even gay couples. Everyone appeared to be there for the same reason so were respectful of others need for peace and quiet.
The food was very good, probably the best we have ever had in all our 9 trips down there. Plus, they are very accommodating. For instance, i loved the stuffed chicken and rice pudding they served during Mayan night and asked for it again the following day and they did it for me.
The staff is probably the best thing this hotel has going for it. Except for the woman at the front desk, the rest of the employees from servers to yard maintenance men were so friendly.
There is free wiifi as well as international calls from your room phone. Huge plus!
No need to get up early to reserve a pool or beach lounger as there were plenty for everyone and the staff will set-up it up for you and bring you a shade umbrella.
Cons: As others have mentioned, the beds are extremely hard. If i were to return to this location, i would bring my own tempurpedic topper!
The beach was disappointing. There is a tremendous amount of seaweed that gets swept up onto shore all day every day. The staff rake it up daily but it is still in the water. There was no way i was getting in that water.
Ask for a room on the third floor as the rooms are not sound proof. We listened to a couple above use fight non-stop for 2 days. Not fun.
The pool area and spa are in desperate need of renovations.
All in all, the trip served its purpose in that it was a quiet resort with amazing service and good food. If you don't mind not having a swimming beach and like hard beds then you'll be in heaven. Please tip the staff, they are so appreciative.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita, an ultra-luxury boutique resort, offers a completely new kind of vacation experience focused on wellness, serenity and romance, as well as social and environmental responsibility. Set on 500 yards of beautiful beach, this exceptionally unique property features 90 beachfront suites; La Canoa, a AAA Four Diamond award-winning restaurant; the first certified Thalassotherapy Center in North America;in-house scuba diving center, a private 48 ft. Catamaran. Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita, one of the Leading Hotels of the World, has also earned the AAA Five Diamond Award for 13 consecutive years. Each of the 90 lavish oceanfront suites is uniquely decorated with hand-picked treasures from around the world and feature private ocean front view terraces, Bvlgari® bath amenities, fine luxury linens, sparkling wine and fresh fruit daily, 24-hour private, in-room dining, maid service three times each day and a welcome bottle of Tequila. For an added measure of intimacy and romance, a selection of suites also offer access to private terrace plunge pools and outdoor honeymoon showers. Endless Privileges® provide guests limitless access to personalized, private chauffeured airport transfers; unlimited worldwide calls and concierge service; daily breakfast, lunch and dinner gourmet dining options with an assortment of organic, local and gluten-free food and beverage selections plus 24-hour dining options allow guests to enjoy late night bites at Restaurant Kaax or stay in and order room service. The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience provides 60 more dining and entertainment venues at nearby sister resorts; complimentary cocktails and specialty beverages from a variety of domestic and international top-shelf brands and top-shelf spirits; sunset catamaran sail; shopping excursions by boat; complimentary 24-hour laundry service; relaxing 20 minute Thalasso Experience per guest; as well as complimentary greens fees at nearby Grand Coral Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paraiso De La Bonita
- Paraiso Bonita
- Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita Riviera Maya, Mexico