We arrived around check-in time and were greeted by a lovely lady (I think her name was Eileen). She was very smiley and chatty. She explained everything to us and made us feel welcome at the hotel. Then she drove us to our room on the golf buggy.
Our room was the "Tanzania" suite and it was amazing. At the very end of the resort, it looked out over the Caribbean ocean and back towards the hotel. The seating area was beautiful with two sofas, a coffee table and a big TV. There was a free bottle of tequila with salt and lime ready and waiting, as well as a bottle of sparkling wine. The bed was large (very high up!) with beautiful blue accessories. There was also a TV in the bedroom. The bathroom was stunning with marble and glass sinks (x2), a shower with a 'garden' next to it and a deep, square bath. The toiletries were nice and there was even a TV in the bathroom! (She said this room was the only one with a TV in). Mini bar was good but the fridge didn't get very cold unless you took a lot of the contents out.
Our terrace had a brilliant seating area with comfy cushioned loungers and we had a private plunge pool (cold water). First job was to sit in that and drink our sparkling wine!
We slept really well and the only problem was that one night it was very windy and the wind was making something outside bang, but it didn't bother us so much. Also, we ran a bath one night and the bath started making an awful noise. My husband figured out that it was the plug, which has an odd design, and had to adjust it just so to make it stop. Once that was done, it was fine, but you had to be very careful not to touch the plug or it started again! And the water leaked out.
The grounds of the hotel are well maintained and very nice. It was a short walk down the beach, or a slightly longer walk along the path, to the hotel from our room, which we enjoyed. The main pool is nice, clean and tidy. The only problem was that the water isn't very deep, and the pool not very wide, so my husband couldn't do any proper swimming in it.
The beach was nice but there was a lot of seaweed on it and so we didn't spend any time on there, really.
The bars at the pool and in the Library were very good. A good selection of beverages. The snacking plate with tortilla chips, guacamole, salsa and hummus was great. We played Jenga and chess in the Library bar on two nights. My husband also had a tinkle on the piano in the Library bar, but it was out of tune.
We used the Kaax restaurant for breakfast and it was very good. Breakfast was leisurely and unrushed, which is fine by us. Really good croissants and pain au chocolats. Excellent poached eggs with bacon and sausage. The harpist at breakfast was amazing and really talented! We also had breakfast in bed the one morning and that was also excellent.
The grill by the beach was good if you wanted something less fancy. But the main restaurant was excellent. We ate there every night and nearly all the food was fantastic (there was one dish my husband didn't like but that was down to his own taste). The chocolate sabayon with salty caramel sauce was incredbile! We really enjoyed dinner every night and only had to wait for a table once for about 10 minutes.
Afternoon tea by the Kaax restaurant, with the parrots, is brilliant. All the cakes and biscuits are bite sized and tasted wonderful. We had afternoon tea every day.
The spa was lovely. The jacuzzi, sauna, steam rooms and plunge pool area are very nice but a little small, so all the loungers were often taken. The salt water thalasso pool was lovely and a great help with my mosquito bites! We had a 25 min neck, shoulder and back massage, which was nice but they seemed to do a lot of work on our arms (sure, I can appreciate it's all connected, but the knots are in my shoulders!). We also had an 80 min couples' massage. They asked how much pressure I wanted beforehand and I said I could take a good amount of pressure but it wasn't that deep, really. More relaxing than therapeutic.
We took part in the Temazcal ceremony and that was really nice. They did a little talk beforehand and then took us in to the Temazcal. It wasn't at hot as I thought it would be and I didn't sweat as much as I normally do in a steam room, but it was nice and an experience.
We paid to do a short snorkelling trip for 1.5 hrs. They guy who took us out didn't speak particularly good English. There was me and my husband and then another couple. We'd never snorkelled before but the other two had. The man didn't do very much explaining on the use of the equipment or any hand signals/signs. We just put our stuff on and got in the water. It was a very windy day and the water was quite choppy. We saw a good amount of colourful fish and all in all it was an ok experience. My husband's mask kept getting steamed up and the man wasn't particularly helpful in sorting it out. We just swam around following the man and trying to look for things. He didn't point out very much to us. I didn't enjoy it all that much and it didn't encourage me to go snorkelling again.
We had a special turndown service included in our honeymoon package. We arranged this for one evening at a specific time but when we returned to our room 30 mins after said time, nothing had been done. We were just relaxing when the door opened and housekeeping had come to do the turndown, but we sent them away. We rearranged it for the 2nd night and went back to our room about 30 mins after the time we arranged it for (hoping it would be done after the delay the day before). We walked in on them just about starting to get things ready and so had to go away again and come back, which was a bit of a pain.
It was a lovely service though. They put rose petals on our bed, and then made a trail of rose petals to the bath, and had a run a bath with bubbles and rose petals in with candles around it. Very romantic and very relaxing. Ideal for our honeymoon.
There are a lot of iguanas around the hotel, the hotel has parrots, and we saw a coati in the grounds as well, so it's pretty good for wildlife!
The staff here were all lovely, helpful and friendly. We never had any small cash on us during our stay here and so never tipped anyone (which we felt bad about) but it didn't seem to matter to most of the staff. They were still friendly and helpful.
We really enjoyed staying at Zoetry. It was the perfect place to end our honeymoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita, an ultra-luxury boutique resort, offers a completely new kind of vacation experience focused on wellness, serenity and romance, as well as social and environmental responsibility. Set on 500 yards of beautiful beach, this exceptionally unique property features 90 beachfront suites; La Canoa, a AAA Four Diamond award-winning restaurant; the first certified Thalassotherapy Center in North America;in-house scuba diving center, a private 48 ft. Catamaran. Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita, one of the Leading Hotels of the World, has also earned the AAA Five Diamond Award for 13 consecutive years. Each of the 90 lavish oceanfront suites is uniquely decorated with hand-picked treasures from around the world and feature private ocean front view terraces, Bvlgari® bath amenities, fine luxury linens, sparkling wine and fresh fruit daily, 24-hour private, in-room dining, maid service three times each day and a welcome bottle of Tequila. For an added measure of intimacy and romance, a selection of suites also offer access to private terrace plunge pools and outdoor honeymoon showers. Endless Privileges® provide guests limitless access to personalized, private chauffeured airport transfers; unlimited worldwide calls and concierge service; daily breakfast, lunch and dinner gourmet dining options with an assortment of organic, local and gluten-free food and beverage selections plus 24-hour dining options allow guests to enjoy late night bites at Restaurant Kaax or stay in and order room service. The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience provides 60 more dining and entertainment venues at nearby sister resorts; complimentary cocktails and specialty beverages from a variety of domestic and international top-shelf brands and top-shelf spirits; sunset catamaran sail; shopping excursions by boat; complimentary 24-hour laundry service; relaxing 20 minute Thalasso Experience per guest; as well as complimentary greens fees at nearby Grand Coral Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paraiso De La Bonita
- Paraiso Bonita
- Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita Riviera Maya, Mexico