“Wonderful Relaxing Vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Schnecksville, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Relaxing Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We visited Zoetry for 6 nights 6/8-6/14 and found the resort to be excellent. The check-in was wonderful - no desks, just a personal concierge meeting you at arrival. The suites were huge and gorgeous - we stayed in Zimbabwe and loved the proximity to the beach - about 100 feet away from our patio. Great friendly staff, very clean and just a beautiful property - we particularly liked all the palm trees, which you sometimes don't find at all resorts in Mexico. The presentation and taste of the food was very good to excellent - no buffets! Loved the beach beds, particularly that you didn't have to pay extra for them or reserve them. There were always beach or pool chairs/lounges available - no need to get up early and reserve one. Staff was always willing to set-up an umbrella for us, which was very important since we're both very fair-skinned people. The nice perks were the catamaran sunset sail and the free couples massage that we received with our package. The sand is very white, the ocean clear in most areas - there is some sea grass, but the sea grass is constantly being cleaned up. If you like to walk the beach, you could go in either direction for long walks. The one day we walked down to Secrets Silversands - it was a haul, but nice to see the other resort. You can visit any Secrets resorts in the area for dinner if you wish - we did not take advantage of that since we've been to most of the Secrets resorts in the Riviera Maya. Overall the resort is very quiet - not much nightlife, which we felt was a bonus. If you're looking for nightlife, this is not the place for you. But if you're looking for a peaceful and quiet vacation, this is where you want to be. We didn't have to wear earplugs to sleep!

Just a couple of cons - even though the resort sprays for mosquitoes, you will need bug spray at night. When we were there, the main AAA restaurant was closed for renovations, which was disappointing, but the menu was offered at the other restaurant every other night.

The wildlife is abundant - peacocks, parrots, crocodiles, birds - along with lush landscaping. We both would highly recommend this resort for a quiet stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

5 Thank Deb and Doug K
Aldo D, Social Media Coordinator & E-Concierge at Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Bix a bel Deb and Doug K,

We would like to thank you for choosing our resort as your host on your recent gateway to our destination. It was a pleasure having you and we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are very happy to learn that your stay was a most pleasant one, and that you were highly satisfied with our service. We have strived to deliver the most memorable experience to our valued guest. We highly appreciate your gracious comments here and have shared it with our team.

We sincerely look forward to welcome you back on a future occasion and provide you with the exceptional quality and service that characterizes our brand and resort.

info.zopdb@zoetryresorts.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (681)
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

So it is my second night at this hotel and I am checking out this morning. The fact that I am sitting here awake at 6:34 am on my vacation, writing a review rather than sound asleep should speak for itself. My friend and I came here for our annual girl’s trip which usually is filled with relaxation and fun, but has been a stressful experience so far. What is wrong with this place? Let me list it out, starting with our luxury pick up at the airport:
THE PICK UP
• The hotel never sent the driver. We waited at the airport for 40 mins to an hour in the hot weather. A random stranger felt bad for us and used his phone to call the hotel so they will send our driver to pick us up.
THE ROOM
• After check in we were brought into our room and it looked beautiful, minus few issues - the plunge pool is a royal joke. It should be called a soaking tub. That would still not be as bad if it was not absolutely filthy. I wouldn’t even soak my feet in it.
• The little fridge in the room doesn’t work. It is stocked but with warm beverages.
• The bathroom door is a sliding door and it wouldn’t close until we called someone to come and fix it.
• The beds are definitely hard and very high off the ground.
• The TVs are tiny and placed quite high. You can barely see anything on the one in the bedroom.
• Although it is an oceanfront room, there is no way for me to walk to the ocean. It is an ocean view at best. Even if I managed to jump across the landscaping, there is no service, no where to sit.
• There is a GIANT BIRD CAGE right outside my room and the parrots start screaming early in the morning and you have no choice but to wake up.
• The doors have wide cracks in them and there is no way to stop the mosquitos from coming in. We are talking giant, fat, mosquitos. Ugh!
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
• Room service menu is a pathetic excuse. It takes forever to get anything but when you get it, it is disgusting. The room service folks are very nice though. It is not their fault that this place is so poorly designed, managed, and run.
• There are two restaurants (third one is closed for reno), both are terrible. Hands down the worst food I have ever had in Mexico. I come here to Mexico at least once if not twice a year.
• The restaurants close at 10:30 and the two lonely bars at 11 pm. Which means you better be in bed after that as there is absolutely nothing to do. The place is dead and not a single soul.
• We stopped by at the Hippo Bar on our first night where a couple was sitting next to our table staring at the moon and having a pleasant conversation when a HUGE COCKROACH came near our feet and my friend and I both jumped on the chairs screaming. The other female screamed as well while the love of her life came to the rescue of three desperate ladies and killed the cockroach in front of our eyes. Not the vacation experience I came for, but we kindly thanked the gentleman for being our knight in shiny armor. Sigh!
• Even at lunch time yesterday we were the only people in the restaurant (El Chiringuito) where they served us “grilled” fish and chicken which were both clearly FRIED, not grilled. Not sure who the chef is in this place but its really unbelievably the worst food. BY NO MEANS IS THIS PLACE A FIVE STAR. I have seen better 4 stars than this.

GYM
• It is located at the edge of the resort where it ends, and you have to walk around the building to the other side to get to the gym. The layout is questionable because for a gym that is open 24x7 – why would you have a strangely designed, skinny, up and down pathway that is completely unlit after dark. I felt a little uncomfortable walking in the dark by myself.
• The equipment is old and rusty. Very little investment in upgrading the machines.

INTERNET
• Slow and choppy. Which usually wouldn’t even bother me or be needed if the issues above didn’t require me to go online and get in touch with other hotels to find a decent place where I can move and salvage the remainder of my vacation
This brings me to the reason why I am awake at this hour writing this review….. at 5 am I woke up sweating and called the front desk to see how I can turn the temperature down since it was so hot. I am told the Air Conditioning is not working. One of the pipes broke and they are trying to fix it. Does not surprise me one bit. All I can do is smile and thank god that I am moving and I do not have to spend another day here.
So I’d say my experience lives up to the title for what is listed as a five star hotel with apparently Five Diamond Rating. I don’t know what criteria AAA is applying, but as a frequent traveler I wouldn’t even give this place a Cubic Zirconia Award. Let alone a Five Diamond.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
14 Thank NSTravelBug2014
info_zopdb, Social Media Coordinator & E-Concierge at Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear NSTravelBug2014,

We appreciate the time that you have invested on writing an overview of your stay with us.

The first impression of our Resort is very important. We have many guests and we always arrange the transportation on time. In this case, the travel agency did not provide us the travel information so we did not have any pick-up record.

Overall, there seems to have been a number of deficiencies encountered which are very atypical and not reflective of our brand experience; if this stay was marred by irregular circumstances, we can only renew our apologies and assure you that we have in the meantime briefed the team at great length of your comments.

We are working on a daily basis to exceed our guest’s expectations and would love to have the opportunity to host you again in the near future to offer you a remarkable stay. I promise to arrange the transportation myself if you contact me first.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

For anyone looking for a little Mexican luxury I couldn't recommend the Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita highly enough. Set in a perfect location with a lovely ocean breeze the tranquil and perfectly sized resort very quickly feels like home. It's first class all of the way from the moment you are met at the airport and the food is outstanding, as is the range of drinks on offer. The spa is lovely and is where I had the best massage of my life - slightly more expensive than I am used to but well worth it. All around the hotel you can find iguanas, racoon's, parrots and peacocks - even a crocodile! The best thing about the resort is the staff - they are friendly, helpful and relaxed, they take the time to get to know you and for them, nothing is too much trouble.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank FiFiSheps
Bix a bel FiFiSheps,

Thank you kindly for your excellent comment on TripAdvisor.

Indeed Zoëtry Paraiso de la Bonita staff is amazing. As you saw, they love what they do and this provides the resort a nice touch of happiness.

We hope to have the honor of welcoming you back, allowing us the opportunity of providing you a truly wonderful and memorable experience.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Excellent. Tranquil. Romantic. A la carte menu for all meals. Food is delicious. Every room has an oceanfront view. Staff is wonderful and friendly. Spa services are top notch. I can't say enough about it. It's not your typical "all- inclusive" hotel. It's got a very boutique feel to it. Love it. Planning on booking our 6th trip soon! Enjoy!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Lizmitch521
Bix a bel Lizmitch521,

Thank you for your preference and your excellent review.

It is wonderful to read that you are already planning your next trip, please contact me at info.zopd@zoetryresorts.com in case you would need assistance or just to let me know you are coming.

Owings Mills, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We were at secrets maroma beach and they ask if we could move to zoetry due to the fact they were overbooked. We only got to sta y 2 nights and we just booked a week in October . This place makes you feel like family, and they remember you and your likes and needs very quickly. The food is so good and I love food. They bring you what ever you need or ask for where ever you are at. If your at the beach anything you want, the pool anything. The spa is great too. I just can't even begin to tell you how wonderful the rooms are, and the beds are so comfortable. The bathroom is so big and I believe that you can see the beach from every room. Room service was great too. Now if you want a big party this is not the place for you, if you need to chill this is it.

Room Tip: All great rooms all see the beach All quiet
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

4 Thank Connie O
info_zopdb, Social Media Coordinator & E-Concierge at Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Bix a bel Connie O,

Thank you for your excellent review on TripAdvisor.

We are truly happy to read you enjoyed your gateway with our Endless Privileges® concept. As you experienced, this is the perfect resort to just relax and enjoy life.

It is our hope to be your host in the future.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Bixabel! (How are you? in Mayan)

Our experience at Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita was outstanding, I had never been to Mexico and let me just say: I would go again and again and again.

Ever since the moment we arrived at the airport we were treated like royalities. As soon as we walked out of the airport to meet with our driver (Pedro) he took our luggage and hurried us to the Mercedes van in which he picked us up. Once in the car, he handed us wet towels to refresh and offered us something to drink; options were water, champagne or soda. We had water.

As we drove into the resort, which is about 15-20 minutes from the airport, we were greeted at the entrance by two a lovely lady (Aileen) and a gentleman (Enrique). There were both very, very nice and took us to the reception were were greeted by a concierge (Laura Ortiz; there are two Lauras). From there Enrique drove us to our room "The Manila" (rooms are not numbered, they have names of cities of the world- clever!); he showed us around and left. That's were the spoiling began!

I can't tell you because these characters would not be enough but, I would like to recognize every single person that help us have the best 1st anniversary trip EVER.

Manuel and Mr. Luna (Make sure you try his special mix- LUNA)- (bartender)

Aileen (Welcoming)

Laura Ortiz (She is so beautiful! and so caring and so nice), Alain (Office)

Miguel, Pedro, Enrique, Omar, Antonio (Transportation)

Emilio (Library)

Zeus Gonzalez (Photographer- Buy the darn package, you won't regret it!)

Marcos (Bird keeper)

Abdiel, Jesus, Jonathan, Roberto, Felipe, Andres, Angel, Victor, Cesar, Gabriel & Miguel (Waiters). Let me tell you something about these people. They will make sure you are happy with the food and even apologize if you don't like it and replace your whole meal. They are freaking rock stars & I wish I could have kept in touch with at least Miguel and Gabriel- they are super funny and super friendly.

Antonio- (Chef) OMG! That man can cook! Love, love, love his food. Plus, he is super friendly- he will even come out and chat with you.

Tania (Hostess- she is so caring! she will even ask you what type of food allergies you have! You will be able to find her at restaurant located on the further left of the resort)

Alexander & Luis (Night Room Service) Did I mention this was at 2:30 am on a rainy night? Sorry guys, I was super hungry!

Martha & Coco (Singer & Guitarist)

Julio Gonzalez (Harpist) He will seat there and play the harp every morning while you are having all the breakfast you want!

Olivia (Laundry Services- Very nice although I only saw her once) Did I mention they wash, fold and/or hang and iron your clothes for free unless they need to be dry-cleaned?

Claudia & Mirna (Maids; I prefer to call them the Spanish word: Camareras). Those two ladies kept our room clean like it was there house. We never got to meet them because we were always out and about but kiddos to them and a big thank you! Our stay was as awesome as it was, in the most part, because of them. Everytime we came in they had a surprise for us! Everything was decorated in a way that would make you feel special.

Our room was facing the beach and we got to sleep with the sound of the waves every night. AWESOME!

Y'all, I can't finish telling you how amazingly awesome our stay was... In five days we only left the resort once & that is if its your first time in Riviera Maya, like it was for me.

Hope this helps! :) Have a nice & safe trip! :)

Traveled May, 29- June 2, 2014.

Room Tip: All room are super nice. You will get a good one regardless of where you are.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Krisvany M
Bix a bel Krisvany M,

Birmingham, Al
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

My sweetheart and I had a romantic private wedding at Zoetry. This gorgeous place was all we hoped. Very quiet and relaxed. Not a place for rowdy parties, although the libations are top-shelf and flow freely. The grounds (flora and fauna) are magical, service was perfect and thoughtful, food was fantastic (organic, fresh). Our lovely suite was beautiful and spacious. Especially loved the bath. We would certainly return.

• Stayed May 2014
IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar
IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar
#7 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
4.0 of 5 bubbles 4,471 reviews

Been to Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita? Share your experiences!