We stayed at the Excellence Riviera Cancun from November 23 - 30, 2013. This was our 13th stay at ERC and needless to say this is our home away from home. We were joined on this trip by our good friends who also have several stays at ERC.
We have always stayed at the Club level on all of our trips and feel it is worth the additional money you pay for all the extra things you get, especially the private beach and pool area, Club and Concierge service, all day snacks, appetizers and top shelf liquor. They are currently upgrading the club level rooms and were halfway through building 8 during our trip, they started with the swim-up rooms and are working their way up. They removed the large TV stand and mounted the flat screen TV on the wall and then built a long marble shelf under the TV where you can set our luggage. The beds are now mounted on the floor with the headboard being part of the wall and they were providing all new pillow top mattresses. They did add some new furniture and changed the bench on the porch to a small day bed. They have gotten rid of all the computers in the Club lounge since the whole resort and beach area now have very good Wi-Fi service and most people use their phones or pads. They did move all of the computers up to the front lobby area and have made a very large computer center if you need it and it does include a printer. There was also a wireless printer in the Club which you could connect to if you wanted to print something. They have once again rearranged all of the furniture in the Excellence Club since they removed the computers. The have added more small round tables to dine from, they expanded the bar area by making it longer, and they moved the large liquor cabinet behind the bar area and cut it down in size. They have added numerous new day beds around the pool and out on the beach and fixed up several of the palapas. Most of the older beach chairs and wicker beach beds were moved to the regular beach area which has improved that area also.
Besides the changes in the Club section, Chez Isabell is also under renovation and the meals are currently being served in the Barcelona restaurant. They are also reworking all of the shops by the Theater, the Cigar shop was made much smaller and it is back open, the Jewelry shop was almost ready to re-open when we left, and all of this made room for 2 more stores, but not sure what was going in the new locations.
The quality and selection of food in our opinion, is very good and the breakfast and lunch buffets in Barcelona have an endless selection and various choices to suit any appetite. We especially like the cook to order egg station at breakfast and the cook to order meat station for lunch. Our favorite places to dine in the evening are Chez Isabell, Basmati, The Lobster House, and Toscana. Remember if you do not get a good meal or enough to eat just ask and ERC will take care of your requests. By staying in the Club we also had the pleasure to enjoy the special afternoon chocolate treats and drinks on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons at 4:30, and this is not to be missed if you are a chocoholic! Additionally, the afternoon Crepes at Café Kafe and the Pizza oven are all nice additions that have been added to the ERC dining options in the last several visits. We had the pleasure of meeting the new Head Chef at ERC Ernesto Palapa who took very good care of us, and Chef Saju in Basmasti who always makes sure we get something special for dinner.
Once again ERC provided great daytime and evening entertainment especially all of the different bands they get to play are all really good. Not to be missed is the Michael Jackson Show, The Urban Show and Claudia Trevino. The one day they also had mechanical bull riding on the beach for the rock and roll burger event. The Disco was very active on this trip and every night there were lot of people partying and dancing.
Once again GM Jean Francois Girault, Asst. GM Susana Maura and Guest Service Mgr. Mariana Montes provided with an exceptional vacation and special returning guests services that were beyond our expectations. The entire team ERC of employees is why we return again and again to this resort, and ERC always provides us with a care free, very relaxing vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This all-suite, all-adult Resort is set along Mexico's renowned Mayan Riviera, between Playa del Carmen and Cancun, on an immaculate white sand beach. Six meandering pools wind through their grounds. You have unlimited access to eight international restaurants and ten bars, plus such amenities as an expansive swim-in spa, a full-scale fitness and cardio-conditioning center and an unparalleled range of activities on land and sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, Savannahville Tours N.V., LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Excellence Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Riviera Maya
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Puerto Morelos
- Excellence Cancun
- Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun
- Cancun Excellence Riviera
- Excellence Resort Cancun
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico