First let me say I had the best holiday ever. As already reported grounds are beautiful, rooms are a little tired but kept very clean by the maids and the food is of a good quality. Yes there is seaweed on the beach, but it's next the ocean... go figure! Not sure where the comments about unfriendly staff are coming from as I find that these are very gracious people who really could not do enough. If you don't get something then ask it normally arrives PDQ ( on that note we email the hotel with our room request 4/5 weeks before we arrived and we got exactly what we asked for). Room service was good and the food warm though not hot when it arrived but then it has got to travel a fair way to get to you so be realistic people!
Tip for the ladies, hair dryer is fine in the room so no need to pack one I have long thick hair and it did OK for me.
Room tip: our room was in block three, top floor closest to block 2, this gave a fantastic view through the hotel and to the sea beyond.
Did not feel the need to upgrade to the club, however if number I essential is a sea view then you will have to, however, note that the pool closest to the club on the non club side is the activity pool which can resemble a toddlers sand pit with beer! Also if you get a swim up you need to work out the best for the sun as a lot of them seemed in the shade...also a little cellular for my liking you probably would not stray from your room much...but if that what you want then ideal for you!
If there was one disappointment this would be it. The pool nearest the ocean is full of the young doing what they do best and the not so young who should know better! Not a deal breaker though as the pool further back towards the spa is beautiful with a good bar service though I did missed the sea views. (OK you guest it I'm 47 and like the quiet life, and a lecturer by trade so I'm trying to get away for the kids not spend my holiday with them!)
If I can give you a comparison as this is my 4th trip to Cancun (luv it!) and I've previously stayed in Le blanc and the Sun Palace. Things that were different, I would not call this a boutique style hotel so if this is what you’re looking for this might not fit your bill as it's a bit more traditional in its style, sea view: only if you book a club room. Infinity pool: missed that. And the local village is small with not a lot available if you like to escape every now and then so the hotel strip again might be more what you’re looking for.
But other than that cannot sing this hotels praises enough, if you've booked I am sooooooooo jealous and I can offer to carry your bags. If not, don't hesitate you will have a fab time. Would I go back? Yes/No. But only because I think it's never as good the second time round though I would go to another palace resort in a heart beat... but then... may be come back here again after a few years time. There are loads of returning guests however and I can understand why.
My last comment is to the management your staff are your biggest asset they are the gem in your crown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This all-suite, all-adult Resort is set along Mexico's renowned Mayan Riviera, between Playa del Carmen and Cancun, on an immaculate white sand beach. Six meandering pools wind through their grounds. You have unlimited access to eight international restaurants and ten bars, plus such amenities as an expansive swim-in spa, a full-scale fitness and cardio-conditioning center and an unparalleled range of activities on land and sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Savannahville Tours N.V., Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Excellence Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Riviera Maya
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Puerto Morelos
- Excellence Cancun
- Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun
- Cancun Excellence Riviera
- Excellence Resort Cancun
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico