Comments first, good stuff is below. We have just returned from 10 nights stay here, lovely place. We got checked in quickly, with a cold towel and a drink. On arrival to our room though we found a used condom on the floor, not nice start however, my wife cleaned it up and we did not complain but did complete a comment card towards the end of our staff and the management clearly read them as we mentioned this on the comment card and the following day three members of staff come to our room to apologise.
I don't like the pool police (not really called that) but they monitor how long beds are unattended for and if you are not there for more than forty minutes they remove your towels and any property, I never once saw a day where all the beds where taken in fact there would ample. The pool bar needs another server especially post lunchtime, the martini bar has quite a few staff and they are constantly at it but service is slower than I would have liked. Avoid the Mexican restaurant, I was one of many which said this and finally but nothing I can see the hotel can do about this is the bugs biting you even if you used repellant. Lastly night club which I only went to once was very hot but music was very good. Odd one I thought, they don't provide packed lunches when off property, I tried room service and reception but the nice staff in the main restaurant did us some sandwiches and we took some apples.
Good stuff - the staff really work there nuts off and attentive when you want something, the rooms are cleaned well, the bar always stocked. Louis in the main restaurant was awesome, he really made us feel very welcome and had the most amazing smile every day, Ricardo from the seafood restaurant was super cool too. The French and seafood restaurant were my favorite, the venison was awesome.
I really enjoyed playing volly ball but I needed to approach other people whom wanted to play whom perhaps did not know the time or needed a polite nudge to come and join, at prior resorts the entertainment staff normally do a quick shout out but I am guessing being a higher class resort some people don't want to hear members of staff pestering them where as a guest it was less intrusive but we had a good number of players each day.
What made our trip extra special was the people we meet, we meet some lovely couples. It is not necessary to tip but we tipped about 15 dollars a day, it's is not expected by them but they certainly do appreciate it. Oh finally, not all restaurants are open every night.
We did the jungle tour, it was good fun especially as I have never driven a boat before. Bellman was twenty minutes late collecting our bags so we ended up taking them down.
I really would recommend this resort and we really did have a lovely time. Hope this was helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This all-suite, all-adult Resort is set along Mexico's renowned Mayan Riviera, between Playa del Carmen and Cancun, on an immaculate white sand beach. Six meandering pools wind through their grounds. You have unlimited access to eight international restaurants and ten bars, plus such amenities as an expansive swim-in spa, a full-scale fitness and cardio-conditioning center and an unparalleled range of activities on land and sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelbag, Savannahville Tours N.V., Expedia, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Agoda, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Excellence Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Riviera Maya
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Puerto Morelos
- Excellence Cancun
- Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun
- Cancun Excellence Riviera
- Excellence Resort Cancun
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico