We just got back from a great trip with our 5-year-old son.
Pros: The kids club was fantastic, we couldn't get our son out of that place! All of the girls were very sweet and the activities were well-planned and they really took into account the various ages of the kids. We were wary of leaving him alone at first, but he was fine and had a great time. The pool was great, we never had any problems finding chairs or a table. The main buffet restaurant was fine, we always found something to eat and the staff were very nice.
Cons: The check-in. Our room wasn't ready, and we really just wanted to get something to eat, but we were whisked away by Claudia, who, under the guise of getting us oriented, tried to convince us to come to some time-share presentation. The restaurant reservation system is silly, we were barely able to get three reservations over a 7-day stay. They kept telling us there were no early reservations, but when we go there the restaurants were always half empty. My final con is that it's a national tragedy that a bar in Mexico makes a margarita with bar mix.
Overall, it was a great choice for our family, I can't say enough good things about the kids club. Once we accepted that it was not like the 5-star adults-only resorts or boutique hotels we've been to before in Mexico, we relaxed and enjoyed our stay. Bring water shoes for the ocean, it does get rocky as you go deeper in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to a luxury paradise of turquoise Caribbean waters, soothing breezes, Mayan cultural sites and beautiful, aromatic flora and fauna. Situated near the charming bohemian fishing village of Puerto Morelos, overlooking the world's second largest coral reef park, this family oriented, all-inclusive beach resort offers a quiet alternative to the larger hotels in Riviera Maya. Enjoy amazing snorkeling, diving, sailing and sport fishing directly from our shores. With a selection of diverse restaurants, fabulous pools, adults-only Jacuzzi, Mayan-oriented spa, complete fitness center, full-service marina and more -- there is everything to do or nothing at all. • Family & Eco friendly Ocean Front Resort • Exclusive large suites • Great All Inclusive & Platinum All Inclusive meal plan options • Four tantalizing restaurants featuring a la carte and delicious buffets • Macondo Ocean Deck Bar with infinity pool • 22,000-square-foot pool • Beautiful landscaping, expansive sandy beach, hammocks. • Convention Center. • Ocean Front El Cocay Spa. • Full-service Marina 120-slip marina • WIFI Internet Access (fee) • Kids Club Center • Fitness center with the latest cardio equipment, free weights and a spinning class area • Pronatours Tour Desk • Half hour from Cancun/Riviera Maya International Airport and 20 minutes from downtown Cancun/Riviera Maya and Playa del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa And Beach Resort
- Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Beach
- El Cid Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico