Stayed there the week of 11/4. Check in was ok, annoying that the room wasn't available til 2-3 PM. Let me just recap everything:
Resort-not overly big so walking from one end to other if need be wasn't bad at all. The gym was being worked on so everything was crammed in a room in the conference center. Grounds were clean and always being worked on. I'm more of a sit by the pool guy but the beach was ok. Some seaweed but it's the ocean, what do you people? Good layout and well kept.
Food-Breakfast good, lunch ok, dinner was kind of hit and miss. Annoying to have to make reservations. The one thing I wanted was chicken tortilla soup from the mexican rest. but with the revolving menus, I missed it.
Pool-Was ok, fairly big. The kid pool was pretty small, just up to knee depth at it deepest I think. The kids loved the cliff jumping. Slide is painful for adults. Pool is all the same depth so if the kids know how to swim great, if not they couldn't.
Room-we had 2 adults, 3 kids, we all fit ok. Beds were a little hard. Railing on the deck was a little wobbly I thought for the 4th floor.
Kids club-very very good. Staff was great, kep they entertained with different activities. Our kids were in and out all day long.
Pool staff-fun and friendly. Good activities.
Overall it was good, I wouldn't go back though. I've been to the Moon Palace and Crown Paradise Club which I would opt to go back to again, Secrets (not comparable).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to a luxury paradise of turquoise Caribbean waters, soothing breezes, Mayan cultural sites and beautiful, aromatic flora and fauna. Situated near the charming bohemian fishing village of Puerto Morelos, overlooking the world's second largest coral reef park, this family oriented, all-inclusive beach resort offers a quiet alternative to the larger hotels in Riviera Maya. Enjoy amazing snorkeling, diving, sailing and sport fishing directly from our shores. With a selection of diverse restaurants, fabulous pools, adults-only Jacuzzi, Mayan-oriented spa, complete fitness center, full-service marina and more -- there is everything to do or nothing at all. • Family & Eco friendly Ocean Front Resort • Exclusive large suites • Great All Inclusive & Platinum All Inclusive meal plan options • Four tantalizing restaurants featuring a la carte and delicious buffets • Macondo Ocean Deck Bar with infinity pool • 22,000-square-foot pool • Beautiful landscaping, expansive sandy beach, hammocks. • Convention Center. • Ocean Front El Cocay Spa. • Full-service Marina 120-slip marina • WIFI Internet Access (fee) • Kids Club Center • Fitness center with the latest cardio equipment, free weights and a spinning class area • Pronatours Tour Desk • Half hour from Cancun/Riviera Maya International Airport and 20 minutes from downtown Cancun/Riviera Maya and Playa del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa And Beach Resort
- Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Beach
- El Cid Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico