We just got back from a family vacation at El Cid. It was our first time there and we really loved it. My children (3 boys) are 20, 18 and 16; by taking advantage of the activities, they had a wonderful time. The positives are the rooms are beautiful, the place is kept immaculate by the staff that works tirelessly doing so, the pool is beautiful, the beach is beautiful, the gym is nice and overlooks the sea, the activities were well organized, the marina where some activities leave from is on premises and the staff is very pleasant.
The only real negatives was the very aggressive sales pitch for the time share (even after having said no many times) and the restaurant food. The breakfast and lunch buffets were excellent but we were disappointed in the meals we received at the restaurants. The portions were small and there were not enough options to choose from. My 3 boys were always still hungry after dinner. The good news is they could order room service and did so every night.
The activities we enjoyed were the catamaran snorkel tour of the reef, ATV's in the rain forest, snorkel in the sink hole and most of all Discover scuba. We only wish we had not waited until our last day to try scuba diving.
I highly recommend this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to a luxury paradise of turquoise Caribbean waters, soothing breezes, Mayan cultural sites and beautiful, aromatic flora and fauna. Situated near the charming bohemian fishing village of Puerto Morelos, overlooking the world's second largest coral reef park, this family oriented, all-inclusive beach resort offers a quiet alternative to the larger hotels in Riviera Maya. Enjoy amazing snorkeling, diving, sailing and sport fishing directly from our shores. With a selection of diverse restaurants, fabulous pools, adults-only Jacuzzi, Mayan-oriented spa, complete fitness center, full-service marina and more -- there is everything to do or nothing at all. • Family & Eco friendly Ocean Front Resort • Exclusive large suites • Great All Inclusive & Platinum All Inclusive meal plan options • Four tantalizing restaurants featuring a la carte and delicious buffets • Macondo Ocean Deck Bar with infinity pool • 22,000-square-foot pool • Beautiful landscaping, expansive sandy beach, hammocks. • Convention Center. • Ocean Front El Cocay Spa. • Full-service Marina 120-slip marina • WIFI Internet Access (fee) • Kids Club Center • Fitness center with the latest cardio equipment, free weights and a spinning class area • Pronatours Tour Desk • Half hour from Cancun/Riviera Maya International Airport and 20 minutes from downtown Cancun/Riviera Maya and Playa del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa And Beach Resort
- Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Beach
- El Cid Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico