The staff here are really nice and helpful. They were very flexible in changing our booking when our travel plans unavoidably changed. The whole place is really quiet and low key - it just doesn't seem to attract the drunken party goer types! It is just couples who enjoy a bit of peace and quiet.The buffet breakfast is excellent and it has free bikes.
Puert Morelos itself is only half an hour from the airport so is very convenient. It is not however Isla Holbox. You can't walk into town on the beach as there is a big shipping container depot in the way, you have to go round it. Access to the sea for swimming by the hotel is not impossible but a bit difficult due to rocks but it is nice to walk on the beach. It was perfect for us for a couple of days prior to flying home and would be good as an initial crash out on flying into Cancun - if you had longer there are nicer places to go in Yucatan than Puerto Morelos. But Rancho Sakol itself is excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rancho, a beach side B&B, is the perfect place to relax in a warm, tropical environment where you can stroll along the white sands and crystal waters of the Caribbean, enjoy a siesta in a hammock right on your patio, or bask under the sun in this tropical paradise. Located in an authentic Mexican fishing village, 25 min. south of Cancun airport makes it a very convenient gateway or home-base to explore the Mayan Riviera. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Rancho Sak-Ol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Sak-Ol Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Rancho Sak-Ol Riviera Maya, Mexico