If you are looking for a get-a-way with privacy and a great location, this is one of my favorites. The location is fantastic, nestled in the hills of Big Sur. This resort provides access to a huge variety of activities: scenic drives along the PCH, hiking, and romantic walks. The service is exceptional. The recent renovation makes a big difference - the rooms and exteriors look fresh.
+ The drive to Big Sur is one of the best drives in the US - south from San Francisco on the PCH twisting and turning along the coast line
+ Service - you are whisked from the parking area to check in by a friendly guy in a golf cart. When you check in you get glasses of wine!
+ We stayed in the Vista Hot Tub Suite - the room is large with a huge, private deck. These look out on a meadow, and you really feel like you are all alone.
+ The outside hot tub is our number one favorite feature. It is an in-ground huge hot tub. We could lounge out there all night. When we found it too hot, someone came right out and cooled it down for us... even offered to pour cold water in it so that it was comfortable!
+ Views are beautiful and the location is quiet
+ Room decor is nice and modern while retaining a country/rural feel. The shower is cool. They provide a Bose ipod ready sound system so load up some of your favorite music when you come
+ Romantic location
+ You can have dinner delivered and served in your suite. With the fireplace roaring, this was great. The food was excellent.
+ Free internet access (through an ethernet cable) in the room
+ One of the best facials and massages with great service at the spa
- The drive down from San Francisco takes about 2-3 hours depending on traffic. If you are flying in, try to get in around mid-day so you can enjoy your first night.
- The website may lead some to believe that this resort is by the ocean, which it really is not. The ocean is a mile away, and the resort is located in the hills. The ocean views are of a distant ocean.
- With the recent renovations, the costs went up and the minimum stay went to two days. Your cost of a visit will be high, but with the right company it will be well worth it! Worth every penny!
- The spa room was not well insulated from noise from the surrounding rooms
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Even when you're inside, you'll always be connected to the outdoors at Ventana Big Sur – our luxurious, rustic and inviting guestrooms are tucked among the meadows and redwoods. Ventana's 59 rooms and suites are arranged around our 160-acre property in secluded groupings, offering the utmost in privacy and serenity. Constructed of sun-bleached cedar, the buildings blend harmoniously into the natural surroundings, with interiors featuring rich leathers and woods that provide a soothing, sophisticated retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Ventana Big Sur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ventana Inn And Spa
- Ventana Hotel Big Sur
- Ventana Resort Big Sur
- Ventana Inn Big Sur