Glen Oaks Big Sur
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Big Sur
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Bernardus Lodge & Spa(Carmel Valley)
Carmel Valley Ranch(Carmel)
1,238 results
All reviewsheated floorsmotor lodgelittle sur cabinfire pitbathroom floormid centurydonutsthe riverprivate patios'mores kitroad houseking roomview cabinboard gamesfiltered watermini fridgeandrew molera state park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My first visit to Big Sur and Glen Oaks for my son's wedding ~ the accommodations were exceptionally good! We were fortunate to have room 16 which was on the end of the building so had a private courtyard with table and chairs. There were 3 of us staying in the room ~ we were very comfortable and there was plenty of room! Loved the fireplace, the heated bathroom floor, the king size bed, and the inn's fire pits!! Access to restaurants, shopping, beaches and hiking trails was easy and close by. Would definitely come back to Glen Oaks!!

Room Tip: Ask for an end room or a cabin if need larger space with kitchenette
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Pickles302
Reviewed 26 July 2013

This was our second stay at Glen Oaks. We were enveloped in comfort and coziness in our rustic little cabin in the woods, attentively equipped with a bathroom floor warmer, double tiled shower, and very comfortable king bed. We roasted marshmallows and ate s'mores at the inn's fire pit one evening - thanks to the inn's s'more kit available for $9. The room was quiet, woodsy, and totally comfortable - perfect for cocooning when you're not exploring the natural wonders of this stunning part of our planet. The staff was really helpful - made a bunch of phone calls to find a NY Times for me. The only improvement I could suggest would be bathrobes in the room.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank WanderingP
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Only stayed here one night while touring California.
Hotel was in a lovely setting amongst the redwoods. We stayed in the motel part but they had various cabins dotted throughout the woods.
Our room was lovely, with a real flame fire...easily controllable. Comfortable bed and good size bathroom...only negative was lack of air conditioning. They did have a fan but this didn't keep the room cool enough for me. Restaurant over the road and attatched to hotel, Big Sur Roadhouse was lovely...if slightly expensive.
Would definitely stay again...but only when weather was cooler due to lack of aircon!

Room Tip: Check out if any of the accomodation has air conditioning!
1  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We stayed last year in a motel unit and were so thrilled with the decor and the ambiance we came back this year to stay in the Big Sur cabin. With two fire pits and double outside bathtubs along with a complete kitchen, living room and huge bedroom, our cabin was perfection. Why do we ever need to check out or go anywhere else?

Room Tip: The Big Sur cabin is the best!!
3  Thank JohnnyBfromFlorida
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Booked the Glen Oaks motel in lieu of a night in Monterey as we drove up the coast. The motel is nestled into the woods along Highway 1 taking up both sides of the road. Our unit was a king room with a double sided fireplace. When I saw how close the room was to the road, I was concerned about noise. This was not an issue at all. Our room, number 9, was a delight to be in. It had its own little courtyard with a table and chairs and of course, the fireplace.

Inside, the unit was modern and comfortable. There was a nice sitting area with couch, chair and area rug. Space to stash things, a small fridge and lots of lighting. The bathroom is fabulous! Heated floors, wonderful, large shower, great lighting, I do wish the bathroom had a space for my personal items. The sink, while beautiful and interesting, took up the entire vanity. I ended up having to put my items on the floor. A shelf or a small table under the window (which opens, nice!) would be helpful.

I liked all the eco touches -- the use of dispensers for shampoo and conditioner, the Britta filter jug in the fridge with water, etc. In general the space was comfortable and relaxing. The air has a wonderful clean smell that just makes you feel you are on vacation. We enjoyed the redwoods, read and accessed the free wifi.

There are a few small points which should be noted. This is an expensive escape. The room was booked and paid for in full immediately with a very complex cancellation plan. Given the cost, I was disappointed in the sleep quality. The linens and pillows were first rate -- but the bed sits on a platform making it less comfortable than I would like. Also, the options for coverings are limited. there was a thin blanket on the bed and then a heavy comforter. We did not want to use the heavy comforter, but found the light blanket not to be adequate. In the end I turned on the fireplace to provide some extra heat during the night. During the summer, and in-between option would have been lovely.

Would I stay here again? Probably, given the comfort of the surroundings.

1  Thank Gundi