“Very Rude Service...Stay AWAY!”

Lucia Lodge Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 22 Restaurants in Big Sur
Price range: US$25 - US$40
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Long Beach, California
“Very Rude Service...Stay AWAY!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This review is for the restaurant at Lucia Inn ONLY as we didn't stay at the Inn itself...The worst customer service of my life! After an amazing hike near Kirkwood Campground, we decided to have lunch at the Lucia Lodge. The view was amazing but the customer service by our server and "claimed to be manager" was the worst my friends and I have ever experienced. It started off with being placed at a dirty table which wasn't cleaned off until we asked for it to be. About 10 minutes later we were finally provided menus. After another 5 minutes we were finally "greeted" by a server with "what do you want to drink". It was as though we were a bother to the staff to even be there. We placed our drink order for 2 beers, one soda and one ice tea. After at least another 10 minutes, 3 of our drinks were provided to us with a snarky comment of "you are a quiet bunch" when we didn't inform our server/manager who had just ordered which drinks from her. The server stated that she forgot the soda that was ordered. She also provided just 3 glasses of water and when we asked where the 4th water was, she said "you can share". She then took our food order with again only attitude. We then observed her tell other guests who had just sat down at a bar that they couldn't be there if they were only ordering drinks. They left... Our server then took drink order from a table which was beside us. We asked another server to send the manager to our table as we needed to complain about the service level and to hopefully rectify the situation. The "manager" never came. Our server then brought that table's drinks to them while still not bringing the soda that was ordered at our table. We asked our server if she had forgotten the soda and she stated, "I have to get drinks upstairs...I will get it when I have a reason to go back up". At $20/burger, this is far to be expected. I would expect A++ service, this was worse than what you would get at Burger King...we all decided to leave as we couldn't take any more of this horrible service. As we were leaving and walking up the stairs our server yelled at us to pay the bill. We responded "what bill...we only received horrible service from you...you should pay us for our waste of time". She then proclaimed that someone should call the police and get our license plate. Really?? I guess we should expect that this crazy server/manager would feel that way. Multiple insults were exchanged and $20 was given to the server/manager to cover the 3 drinks that had actually been served to us. Another equally rude, younger female kept yelling at us that she was calling the police and we were assaulting her. She was crazy too and really needs to look up the definition of assault before accusing a patron of her restaurant of it! As we drove off this server/manager actually ran out in the road in front of the inn/restaurant to literally throw the $3 in change at us and yell at us "I hope you get in an accident". This stuff just couldn't be made up as crazy as it is!! Whatever you do - stay far, far, far away from this restaurant!!!

1 Thank Chadwick P

New York City, New York
“Not bad, but nothing special”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

No other choice but to eat here unless you want to drive up the road to Big Sur. Food is ok, but nothing special. And a little pricy. But again, you have to add a location premium. You are in a relatively remote spot.

Get there before sunset and get a table at the window.

Visited April 2014
Bedford, Canada
“Fantastic Surprise!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

So much more than we expected! On our way home from San Francisco we drove along the coast and stopped for dinner at this little place thinking it might our last opportunity for a while. We found the most quaint lodge room with spectacular views. My husband even spotted a whale from the window! While there is no kids menu, my two had no trouble selecting from the menu. The food was delicious and service was wonderful.We had a peek at the cliff side cabins and are determined to book a weekend there soon. If you drive past without stopping in, you're missing out!

• Visited May 2014
Longboat Key, Florida
“Wonderful Food & Fabulous Views”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The dramatic scenery complemented an enticing menu!! The Vegetable Lasagna is a must try! Our server DeAnna was attentive, informative and helpful! Many thanks for some memorable dinners!!

Visited May 2014
Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
“Delicious and Decadent!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I ate at this restaurant a few times while I stayed at the Lodge. The view is spectacular and the staff are friendly and delightful. I read several reviews about the fish and chips so I decided I needed to try them - absoloutely delicious!!! The next night I had salad and steak - the salad was full of fresh greens and the steak was done to perfection. It came with steamed kale, which was also a yummy treat. I wish I could eat here every day.

• Visited April 2014