“Great burger with a view”

Lucia Lodge Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 23 Restaurants in Big Sur
Price range: US$25 - US$40
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2014

While there are not many options to eat while driving through Big Sur, we stopped at this location for lunch. The service was great and my wife and I both had the Jalapeno burger. It was one of the best burgers I have had. Very spicy though!! When you add the view you get, it was an all around great lunch. Would recommend.

There are newer reviews for Lucia Lodge Restaurant

Reviewed 18 June 2014

So, if you are hungry you will eat here. It is not bad, but not fantastic either. In my opinion, lunch is the best. Especially if it a nice day and you can sit on the outdoor deck which overlooks the ocean and coastline. Since we were staying at the cabins, we ate dinner and breakfast inside the restaurant since it was cold and damp outside. Breakfast was continental and not very good. Also, it is for guests only. Others cannot eat breakfast here and they are not missing anything. Dinner was okay, nothing special and the service was poor. I seemed the waitress had a bad day and her mood showed it.

Like I said, lunch is great if you are stopping along the route.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stopped in for lunch and the patio was jammed. There were many parties that were less fortunate than us for timing of service. However, our infant seemed to help us get served reasonably quickly. My fried chicken sandwich was excellent and my wife's blackened salmon fish tacos were as well.

The view is incredible of course.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We were a large group and our service was just fine. The food was good, nothing spectacular. It was a little pricey but that is to be expected for the location. The best part is the view. You can sit inside or outside with an amazing view of the sea. I'm told the whales can be seen from there when they are migrating so watch for that if you go.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We drove from Pfeiffer Big Sur hoping to have the fish and chips for dinner, which are purportedly some of the best in the nation. We were told they don't serve them for dinner. Instead, the menu was comprised of dishes of someone's idea of haute cuisine. I had a smoked salmon (which wasn't that bad) but it was topped with an olive tamponade and served on crostini. The risotto was awful and I am sure prepared with water (not broth) as if it was oatmeal. Just for the heck of it, the cooked tossed some walnuts for texture? flavor? My husband's meal was not much better. The place was decorated like someone's grandmother's living room and they were playing Gregorian chants for the background music. The service was not bad but just unprofessional and weird. At one point the cook yelled in pain - a shout that could be heard in the dining room. To top it off, this place is expensive and the drive is long as Lucia Lodge is far away from anything else in Big Sur. Stay away!

1  Thank Elizabeth M