“amazing view”

20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“amazing view”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This was my second Hwy1 trip. I told my friends that we must make a stop here for rest and for the view! we were amazed by the view and the landscape. There's also restroom for you to refresh yourself.

The snack bar is ok and has standard stuff.

The gas price here is doubled e.g. one pays about $3.80 +/- per gallon at San Luis Obispo or Monterey, and at Rugged Point, it's $6.80 (if i recalled correctly) per gallon.

Toronto, Canada
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“very touristy but worth stopping if you need gas”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

OK to stop for gas. Crawling with tourists. The take out food(snack bar) was not very good and not a very healthy selection. Greasy grilled cheese not made with cheddar and the burger was small and over cooked...(claimed to be made of Hearst meat) .very disappointed we stopped and waited a VERY LONG TIME to place an order and eventually get the food. The gift shop kiosk had interesting items. If they were more original they could likely do well with the fast food snack bar.

Huntington Beach, California
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Surprise pitstop”
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

Pulled into the parking lot as we were looking for restrooms on our drive up the coast. After freshening up, decided to take a little walk and boy are we glad we did. Beautiful area and views. Took lots of pictures. So very happy we stopped here.

Marietta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lovely view and comfortable surroundings”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This is a great place to spend your lunch hour, or spend the night and enjoy the grounds and a beautiful sunset. Restaurant is open and food is good. The grounds and gardens are really relaxing. Good value.

Visited November 2012
Szeged
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best Chai for Miles Around!”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I was road-tripping up the 1 with a friend of mine two years ago, and we stopped here for a cup of chai. Rory, the barista, was so lovely! We had a great connection, not to mention incredible chai lattes. So, when I was travelling through with my family two years later, I knew I wanted to stop again. I was so happy to find it again, and the chai was just as amazing, and the service was friendly, too (although it wasn't Rory). My family enjoyed their coffee drinks, as well. Thanks Rory and all at Ragged Point!

Visited February 2013