“Absolutely Incredible!!”
Review of Sierra Mar

Sierra Mar
Reserve with OpenTable
Sierra Mar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Big Sur
Price range: US$45 - US$120
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: High atop the cliffs, offering breathtaking views is Sierra Mar, winner of Wine Spectator's prestigious Grand Award. Offering an unconventional fine dining experience, Executive Chef John Cox presents inquisitive food creations featuring ingredients highlighted by a sense of place and culture. Selections from the award-winning wine cellar enhance the innovative, inspired cuisine.
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

I haven't stopped thinking about my experience here since I've been home & I can't wait to go back! We sat outside overlooking what I imagine heaven to look like....you're literally above the clouds looking down on the ocean & you're up so high you can actually see the curvature of the earth in the horizon! The drinks where unique & absolutely fabulous & as the bartender brought them out to us he pointed out some whales swimming by below & quickly went inside to get us some binoculars....it was such a cool experience, that was the first time I've ever seem whales! The food was absolute perfection, I don't normally eat a lot but I pretty much licked every plate clean LOL! It was just soooo damn good!! It's definitely pricey but definitely worth it!! The hostess was a little snooty since we didn't have a reservation (apparently they fill up every night) but the super nice bar tender made up for it :) This place is really indescribable & uniquely incredible....I will definitely come back every time we're in Big Sur!

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch after visiting Big Sur and Pfeiffer Beach. The food was exquisite. The service was great. The view is spectacular. Well worth the walk up to the restaurant.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

The view is like sitting in a plane, looking down to the ocean. The service is not the same quality. We eat there for two nights, the first the service was a disaster. We waited more the 30 minutes for the wine order and bread. Food is good but not outstanding. After all try it for the view, not for the service.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This is the best you can get. The combination of ingredients and tastes is unique, the quality is impeccable, the service is charming - the Sierra Mar is an evening out (or casual lunch) that will stay with you for a long time.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The food is fantastic. Much of it is made with local ingredients--including from their own garden--and it is fresh, complex, and delicious. The flavors, textures, and presentation are beyond compare. The service was also great--surprisingly unpretentious, very attentive, and completely professional. The view from the restaurant cannot be overstated. It is breathtaking. A splurge, for sure, but worth it.

1  Thank FCT3

Been to Sierra Mar? Share your experiences!