“Close to airport , nice room condition .”

and 1 more site!
Thermae Boetfort Spa and Hotel
Campina, Romania
“Close to airport , nice room condition .”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Good beakfast , problems for dinner not to restaurants ,but to therme The person that came in restaurants are in Therme costumation.
The rest ok .
Only the stone from the park are worst .
Need definitly a car .

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank Gabriel Gheorgh... R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The Thermae Boetfort Hotel was an overnight stay for us on route to the USA. This was a brilliant choice. Its a 400 year old castle that is pure luxury. Do not miss this if you are near to Brussels airport. On Google - It looks like you can walk it to the hotel from the airport. You can't. It's a short taxi ride. The staff speak English and are very helpful. The breakfast area is exquisite. The rooms are perfect, clean and just really cool. I highly recommend this & would love to return. 10/10.

Room Tip: The new annexe had been opened just 10 days prior to our arrival on 11th June 2014. It's really...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ellen V, Marketing Manager at Thermae Boetfort Spa and Hotel, responded to this review, 1 December 2014
Dear Sir,

It is very nice to read your comment. Your positivity pleases us. We are looking forward to your next stay.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I recently went here with several girlfriends for a day of spa services and relaxation. We did not stay in the hotel.

We were there on a Saturday, and please note that it was very crowded by about 1pm. The spa consists of a large assortment of saunas and spas that you can relax in. There are two sides - one where you are clothed, and on the other side is nude only. The "nude only" side is much larger with many more choices, however my friends and I stayed on the clothed side so I cannot comment about the nude side.

In the morning, we very much enjoyed the spas and the saunas, as it was not very crowded and easy to find places together to relax and enjoy each other's company. However, after lunch there were far too many people on property to be able to enjoy ourselves. If I return, I will definitely try for a weekday rather than a weekend. Also, the changing room is unisex! There are small curtained areas where you can change in private, however at the end of the day it was so crowded that there was a line for these few little rooms.

Several of us received services that day as well. My friend loved her micro-dermabrasion, and I had a very nice facial. However I do want to note: I also had a manicure and it was the worst manicure I have ever had. The technician neither smoothed the surface of my my nails nor applied a base coat before applying the color! My nails were chipping before I even left the spa that day! In addition, I told her I like a square shape to my nails, and she filed them oval anyway! Her painting was sloppy and all over the cuticles. I removed the polish as soon as I arrived home that night. If I return I may get a massage or facial treatment there, but I will not recommend that anyone ever gets a manicure or pedicure there. What a waste of money!

So, to sum it up. My girlfriends and I had a nice European spa experience that day. Just don't go on the weekends, bring your own flip flops, and DO NOT get a manicure or pedicure there.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Madam,

Thank you for reacting. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Indeed, a lot of people like this place because of its good treatments. Of course, we are sorry to hear that the manicure did not work out for you. Normally, our treatments are all of excellent quality, also the manicure and pedicure. A perfect service is our priority. In case of problems, we advise you to contact the reception, so that we can find a solution immediately.
Hopefully, you will still think about coming here during your next visit to Europe.

Yours sincerely,

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We were visiting this spa this weekend as it was my wife's birthday, and we wanted something special.

We used the winter special and winter deluxe packages, meaning, that besides the bathing and sauna facilities, we had some treatments and a overnight stay at the hotel as well.

For me it went rather normal, and I have not much to complain about, but my wife had some kind of body wrapping, that was supposed to last for 40 minutes, As she fall asleep during the time and there are no cloks in the room, as she wake up, she had no clue about the period of time, she has been there. Being wrapped and all, it seemed not a good idea to try to stand up and walk around like that, especially, when the stuff have had promised to come and unwrap her and end the procedure properly. Only after having slept for one more time or so, she finally realised, it has too much time have passed, so she got finally out of the procedure room.

As it came out, they have forgotten her there for 2 whole hours, she has missed the following treatment (made in rush afterwards), I have been waiting for her in the locker area for quite long time, went 2 times to the beauty area, to see, where she has been lost, and the stuff only told me, that one of her treatments is over, and she has still not arrived for the second one. The stuff has some kind of computerised logistics system, with charts, windows and timetables, supposingly to avoid situations like these. So I am asking myself, how can something like that happen at all? The response was, that it was the birthday of the girl, that was giving this treatment to my wife. Well, I hope at least for her it was a pleasant day.

At the reception we were promised, that this situation will be addressed properly, and we will get something back for this (not specifying what exactly, we thought, maybe a reduction of the price or some extra treatment). The morning after, as we went to check out of our room, this promise was made again, as someone is in the office to decide. Well, as we were leaving finally, something was even charged extra on our bill. After asking, what that might be, the girl at the counter said even without looking at the receipt, that that is a mistake and corrected this in a fly (some kind of scam?). Of course no more talks about the situation of the last day, so we paid and left this place.

As for the sauna and bathing area, it is nice, clean and offers a nice diversity of saunas for everyone, starting with steam baths and saunas with different temperatures.

As other visitors have pointed out, there is no water available at this area, so after a visit at a hot sauna, you would have to go to the restaurant and probably have to pay for a drink, which is not really acceptable. (this interrupts the process of going to the sauna and cooling down properly and going again in, the walk to the restaurant, would be too long and at these temperatures outside these days could cost you a cold) The tap water available in the spa is not really an option, as it is not really drinkable (also signs everywhere, not to use it for drinking). So of you go, take some water with you (experiences visitors do this).

Another thing are the bathrobes and flip-flops, you are given. They all look the same, so do not wonder, if you are left without yours, even if you have something in your pockets, like a ticket for spa treatments. In the worst case this means, you walk again out in the cold and rain to get to the reception, probably wait in a line with arriving customers to get yourself another bathrobe.

The hotel room was nice, clean and I have nothing to say about that. We were aware of the closeness to the airport, and at night there was luckily not too much noise.

So my conclusion is: it is definitely worth a escape for a day to the sauna and bathing area, just take your water, probably your own bathrobe, towels and flip-flops. The spa/beauty treatments are on your own risk :)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jastrs
Dear sir,

Many thanks for your opinion. We are glad you liked the sauna and bathing area. As for the treatments, we are gradually looking for a way to improve our computer systems because indeed, sometimes, there are imperfections that are confusing to the staff. We would like to emphasize however, that these types of issues do not occur frequently. We apologize for the inconvenience. Hopefully, next time, we can make your stay more satisfactory.

Yours sincerely,

Marketing manager
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Recently my wife and I had the opportunity to spend a morning there. We went on a weekday, which was great because it was rather uncrowded. We left around 3 pm and it started to get packed with people.

We visited both areas, and we liked the nudist side much more as it is bigger and the saunas are hotter.

I should say that by some strange reason there is no way of pouring water in the sauna. Also I would encourage people to bring their own water,as there are no water fountains anywhere. In addition, you can save some money by bringing your own slippers,which apparently, are mandatory.

My advice, get there early, spend your time in the nudist side and sleep in the relaxation room.

In all a great experience. My wife and I will be back for sure.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This was out third time in this spa- we keep going back due to the great facilities and really good atmosphere. Unfortunately this time around our relaxing day was not as relaxing and perfect as we would have liked- due to the awful service at the spa. We had said we would arrive around 3pm when making our reservation. We arrived slightly before 3 to find out our treatments were booked in for 3pm- no changing this hence in a stress we ended up rushing for our massages. Furthermore there were no towels at reception and no solutin from the staff to provide us with some.
Not to ruin our day we went along to the beauty area (imagine the sauna without towels!) and went back to the reception several times in the hope of getting towels. No such luck- we had to negotiate towels from the beauty room, which was no easy task as the staff there were not keen on giving their towels out (?!)
Given the above when leaving the spa we asked the receptionist not to pay for the towels which we did not receive- quite logical! Not to the staff at the spa- we had to spend 20 mins explaining how paying for the towels is completely irrational. The squabble only came to a close when the receptionist's superior was contacted....!
This definitely did stain our stay there...
Another lacking feature is no drinking water in the whole of the facility- something which should be a basic service in a spa....
On a positive note, the hare fillet I had for dinner was scrumptious:)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank Mags Z
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Well, I am not that much experienced in thermal centres. But what appeared to me is a nice one, close to the city, well organised, enough clean.
But i've tried the 80 minutes Full Body Massage , done by a man, and it was one of the best massage i've ever had. I've felt it even more after (later and in the night) than on the moment.

Good. I will be back. And see if my first impression will be confirmed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
wardvansighem, Manager at Thermae Boetfort Spa and Hotel, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Dear Yves,

Thank you for your visit to Thermae Boetfort. Glad you enjoyed both the spa as the massages. We do our best to improve our customer experience every day.

Hope to see you soon.

Ward Van Sighem
Marketing Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melsbroek
Novotel Brussels Airport
Sheraton Brussels Airport Hotel
NH Brussels Airport
NH Brussels Airport
#2 of 12 in Diegem
Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels Airport
Van der Valk Brussels Airport
Ibis Budget Brussels Airport

Been to Thermae Boetfort Spa and Hotel? Share your experiences!