“Beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dovecote Barn

Dovecote Barn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sutton Bonington
Dovecote Barn
Leicester
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

We stayed here when attending a wedding at nearby Sutton Bonington Hall. We were sorry not to be able to stay longer or take advantage of the lovely courtyard and breakfast. Unfortunately we literally dropped our bags prior to the wedding and slept in the bed at the end of the day before having to leave at 8 am the next day to meet the rest of the family.

The property is furnished to a very high standard with lots of quirky items decorating the suite. I loved the little dog by the bedroom door. Everything appears to have been thought of from nice toiletries in the bathroom to the offer of fresh milk for drinks.

David, the host is very friendly and is obviously eager to make guests feel cared for during their stay. Unfortunately as we live locally it is unlikely that we will have the chance to stay again but will defineatley recommend this place to family and friends staying in the area.

There has been problems recently with the Dovecote Barn website so would recommend that you call to discuss your needs.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Lian S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Stoke-on-Trent Staffordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

Tucked away in the village of Sutton Bonington, Leicestershire, the accommodation in this Guest House is unbelievably luxurious. The Hosts really care for the welfare of their guests and I had a wonderful one night's stay for a family wedding. The bed was extremely comfortable, the food excellent, and the hospitality second to none. I was sorry my stay was not longer, but I will definitely stay there again, when a suitable occasion arises. I am also telling my friends, family and acquaintances about this little gem of a Guest House.

Room Tip: The ground floor suite is so spacious and comfortable. Like being at home. I accidentally clicked...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Caroline V
Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

My husband and I had one night at Dovecote Barn when we were meeting up with family who live in the area.
I cannot say anything negative about the accommodation at all. Everything is finished to a very high standard. The suite we had was very clean, comforable. The hosts were very friendly and the breakfast was excellent.
It's a pity we were only there one night.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Shorty999
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

I meant to write this review ages ago- we stayed here for a friend's wedding in May 2011- the wedding was in Sutton Bonnington hall and this location was amazingly convenient- literally over the road. The room was gorgeous, our host was friendly, breakfast delicious (and vegetarian catered for), we couldn't have asked for more. And I think the fact that this place has stuck in my mind for over a year shows what a lovely time we had. If i was ever in the area again I'd definitely go back. Highly recommend. And thank you to the host- sorry it's taken us so long to tell you how much we enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Lauren F
Newport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

What a pleasant surprise. My friend and I was attending my friends wedding in Sutton Bonnington Hall searching loads for a place to stay and we came across the Dovecote Barn.
Thank goodness we did because we both were absolutely stunned at the homely feel and look. The decoration and wooden beams gave such a warm feeling to the place. The bed very comfortable. The jacuzzi so refreshing in a very large modern bathroom.
The breakfast was out of this world. It was so tasty and filled us up for the day ahead with a plate full of fresh fruit in decorative style and then a full cooked breakfast a huge pot of tea, toast, cereal and orange juice. David, the proprietor, gave top class customer service and made us feel so very welcome, offering any assistance required and went well above expected service.
Words here doesn't give it enough justice, I can only recommend that you must try this. As well as being a magician, I write in my spare time and will be looking in the future to stay at Dovecote Barn to continue writing my novel. Everything about it is interesting and peaks inspiration.
A truly great icing to a true wedding cake few days :)
Thanks
Paul and John

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Paul U
Nottingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

I stayed at Dovecote Barn last weekend when attending a wedding at Sutton Bonington Hall (just two minutes walk away). Dovecote Barn is fantastic, really homely and warm, with a really comfortable bed, a jacuzzi bath and a guest lounge where you have breakfast and can sit and relax in front of the TV.
David was a great host- he upgraded us to the suite downstairs as there was no-one else staying and he could not have been more welcoming.
The breakfast was fantastic, starting with a lovely fruit plate which I could eat every day, followed by a cooked breakfast.
I would not hesitate to recommend this great place!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Possesibling
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Warm welcome, and excellent breakfast provided all we could want during a short stay at this carefully restored residence, which is filled with interesting things. Warm and comfortable, very clean. The owner David obviously enjoys meeting people, and made us feel at home.

• Stayed February 2012
#2 of 22 in Loughborough
The Royal Oak
The Royal Oak
#1 of 2 in Long Whatton

Been to Dovecote Barn? Share your experiences!