“Stunning Property”
Review of Dovecote Barn

Dovecote Barn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sutton Bonington
Dovecote Barn
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed here whilst visiting family and will definitely stay again in the future. The property is stunning, decorated to a high standard and very clean. Karen and David were very friendly and very helpful. The breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ruth_Bristol2014

Reviewed 10 July 2013

I stayed here last night and it was so lovely that I wanted to share my review straight away. I had very easy communication with David via email to arrange my stay, he answered any message very quickly, when I arrived I received a lovely and warm welcome. The suite was even better than I had hoped, lots of space, clean with a wonderful bath and separate power shower (no shortage of hot water). I was served breakfast in the suite at a time that suited me and I wished I'd had a bigger appetite to take advantage of everything available. I was even kindly lent a hairdryer as I had forgotten my own. Perfect if you need to visit the university campus, I just wish it had been a two day course so that I may have stayed longer. I hope to visit again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank jo_jo_sut
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I was travelling in the Midlands and found this beautiful property in the village of Sutton Bonington within easy reach of both Nottingham and Loughborough and the M1. It is a converted barn and is very well appointed and well run as a boutique B&B. A beautiful room and an excellent breakfast was enjoyed. I would certainly return.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Peter H
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Doing the university open days meant a long journey from home to Britol uni and up to the Nottingham uni in one day, so arrived late, tired, and very travel weary. Expecting a standard welcome and room, was greeted instead by David, with smiles (a large pot of hot tea .....!) and introduced to our room. Actually, really should say mini flat .... We had our own lounge, sofa, tv, dinning room table and chairs, double bedroom, dressing area, curtesy tea tray in case I couldn't wait for Dave to arrive, a lovely bathroom which included a working jacuzzi. Breakfast was served in our lounge, fruit, yoghurts, tea, juice, cooked breakfast and a selection of toast and preserves. The attention to detail is everywhere. Even some magazine to read..... Plenty of toiletries ...and it was with a new spring in our step that we set off the following day. Hate to share this gem of a place, but it is money well spent. Hope my daughter gets to go to Sutton Bonnington so that this isn't my only stay!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Bovills55
Reviewed 9 December 2012

We stayed one night last weekend whilst visiting our daughter at the Sutton Bonington University Campus.

Beautifully appointed room with excellent furnishings and a very comfortable bed. First class breakfast and warmly welcoming hosts.

Will definitely be returning.

Website not currently working so just phone instead.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank David F
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We stayed a night while attending a wedding at Sutton Bonington hall which is a very quick walk away. David was a great host, the room was luxurious while homely, the breakfast top notch. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Ground floor room has the most incredible jacuzzi bath and separate power shower!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank E19791979
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We stayed here when attending a wedding at nearby Sutton Bonington Hall. We were sorry not to be able to stay longer or take advantage of the lovely courtyard and breakfast. Unfortunately we literally dropped our bags prior to the wedding and slept in the bed at the end of the day before having to leave at 8 am the next day to meet the rest of the family.

The property is furnished to a very high standard with lots of quirky items decorating the suite. I loved the little dog by the bedroom door. Everything appears to have been thought of from nice toiletries in the bathroom to the offer of fresh milk for drinks.

David, the host is very friendly and is obviously eager to make guests feel cared for during their stay. Unfortunately as we live locally it is unlikely that we will have the chance to stay again but will defineatley recommend this place to family and friends staying in the area.

There has been problems recently with the Dovecote Barn website so would recommend that you call to discuss your needs.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
#3 of 7 in Castle Donington
The Royal Oak
The Royal Oak
#1 of 2 in Long Whatton

Been to Dovecote Barn? Share your experiences!