Norton House Bed & Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Old Court Hotel(Ross-on-Wye)
The Paddocks Hotel(Ross-on-Wye)
Glewstone Court(Ross-on-Wye)
Riverside Hotel(Monmouth)
Poolway House(Coleford)
Chasedale Hotel(Ross-on-Wye)
  • Restaurant
Castle Lodge Hotel(Ross-on-Wye)
View Hotel
All reviewscider lofthome made cakeswarm welcomeb bon arrivaltea and cakewelcome packwye valleyold houseplaces to visitself cateringhome from homeexcellent breakfastlittle touchesbreakfast ingredientsuseful advicechoice of cereals
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Bill and Jayne couldnt have been more friendlier and helpful. Their selection of walks in the area is amazing! The food was very good (so many breakfast mueslis!), the bed was comfy, we had use of a lounge (great!). Couldn't fault any of that (although we missed our power shower!)...but as they say...location, location, location! It was disappointing that this lovely building was so close to the A40...( I couldnt tell from the map)..a very busy road..I couldnt have the window open at night for the noise of the traffic and you looked out on to it from the Doward room..dont get me wrong, we kept the window shut (although we were too warm) and the noise was bearable..so if this is not an issue for you then you'll be fine. And I cant stress enough how friendly Bill and Jayne were...thank you to them!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pswWoking_England
NortonHouse, Owner at Norton House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

We are glad you really enjoyed your recent stay, that you enjoyed the breakfasts. Spending time in front of the log fire in the lounge during winter is a lovely way to spend an evening. Our house along with other properties is on the old Monmouth road which is very quiet and nearby is the A40, although as soon as spring arrives this road is shielded from view, the Doward room also has a beautiful view of the surrounding hills.
We are sure that all who stay with us enjoy the location with its great access to all that this area has to offer. Thank you for staying with us and your kind comments.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Bill & Jayne

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Great place to stay - wonderful warm welcome, comfortable, cosy and clean rooms, and an amazing choice of home cooked breakfasts (not just the usual fry up!). Jayne and Bill have great local knowledge and and very happy to share their insider tips for days out. I'd definitely recommend staying with them.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Very well equiped and cosy cottage, dogfriendly owners, beautiful area - we would definitely book again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Even though we arrived late, we had a really warm welcome, a little tour, and a nice chat.
There were so many special touches here, like cosy living room for guests, a bowl of chocolate brownies on the table, a library of leaflets , maps and guides.
The room was authentically old, yet cosy. The window seat with scatter cushions, proper shutters on the windows, huge chunky keys for the door, a lovely big bath, the largest selection of teas, and the most comfortable bed ever.
Breakfast was superb, I never knew there were seven varieties of muesli, the full english was complemented with copious amounts of coffee and tea. Both Bill and Jayne were keen that we made the most of our weekend there and suggested walks and places to eat.
Norton house is nestled in an area that has so much going for it, and the facilities in place for everybody to access and appreciate so many outdoor activities at any level.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 23 November 2011

Glad you enjoyed your stay, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future when you can explore the area more. All the best. Bill & Jayne

Reviewed 24 October 2011

I can only say things in the superlative for Norten House.
- Jayne is extremely friendly and very helpful she looked after us, a group of 5 people extremely well. We all felt at home and very comfortable. Jyne keeps the bed and breakfast emacutely clean.
- Bill is most kind and helpful and helped me find places by giving me the postal code which I could then put into my satnav. I had an employee of ours with me who had never been to the seaside so Bill gave us a postal code which led us directly to the sea side. Mr. Bucher loved it.
I can not conclude without complimenting Bill on the jams he makes. Try for yourself!. The breakfast was abolutely delicious.
kaikoo