“Charming & Special”

Norton House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Whitchurch B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Return visit to Norton House.

Jayne & Bill do a great job with attention to detail!
Friendly with nothing is too much trouble, lovely well thought out breakfast with a good choice of menu.
Just a terrific B&B, rooms are more than comfortable with lots of character.
Great location if anyone want to be located close to the river Wye.

Howard

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed at Norton House with a friend for a long weekend.
It is simply the best B&B we have ever stayed in.
Lovely people, very welcoming, fabulous breakfast, everything you need is there.
Can't wait to return there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2014

What a lovely place! This is a really old house - I think it said it was built in 1650. It's on the old Monmouth Road and the new A40 is nearby but it's quiet at night.

Upon arrival I was shown into the lovely sitting room by Jayne and offered tea and homemade cake. Yum! My room was delightful - I had the one with the four poster bed and it was extremely comfortable. Everything had been thought of. There were every possible option of tea as well as coffee and hot chocolate, good quality chocolates and biscuits. The window looked out onto a hillside and had old shutters as well as curtains. The bathroom had a wonderful array of goodies to add to your bath/shower etc. Very good.

Breakfast was served in a lovely room at a large table with the other guests. Both hosts were in attendance and I stayed a lot longer than normal as we were all having a good chat. Being a lone traveller, this was very nice. I have to commend Bill on the wonderful American pancakes. They had both lived in the United States for a while and really knew how to make them! However looking at what others were having from an excellent selection, I wish I could have tried them all.

I gathered that there were two self catering cottages attached to the house and as it was so nice there I got the details as it's certainly somewhere I'd like to return.

Superb place to stay. Can thoroughly recommend it.

Room Tip: I'm sure they're all just as good as the one with the four poster. I'd stay there again...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank WiltshireCalley
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Norton House is a wonderful old house that has been very tastefully furnished and decorated. We were welcomed into a comfortable sitting room and given home made lemon drizzle cake and tea, then shown to our room which was immaculate and very comfortable with two very comfortable beds, two arm chairs, facilities to make any type of tea you might want. There was lots of thought about the little things that make live comfortable, sewing kit, shoe cleaning kit, clothes brushing kit. The en-suite bathroom was also well appointed. The breakfast was wonderful ..... you will have to visit to see and taste for yourselves.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We were greeted warmly upon arrival withe tea, coffee and home made cakes which were delightful. Our bedroom was comfortable and clean and there was a wide choice making breakfast a joy.

A perfect B&B, pite our dancing was less the perfect!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I had a 3 day break here last year(2013)
The hosts could not have been more welcoming and helpful.....nothing was too much trouble for them
Welcome afternoon tea on arrival
Beautifully furnished room..very relaxing atmosphere
Excellent breakfast...full English and other choices
Car park on site
Quiet rural location on edge of village
Good location for touring /walking local area
We will return

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2014

After 3 weeks on road in Britain, I think Norton House was our favourite stop - I only wish it had been longer. For those who enjoy living in a bit of history, this house is for you. Located on the edge of the Symonds Yat recreational area, there are lovely places to explore. Bill's & Jayne's hospitality is second to none: to be welcomed with tea and freshly made cake and a pleasant visit was a welcome change from making tea in our room. The house is lovely and breakfast was wonderful. Archie the Labradoodle can be found sleeping on the kitchen door step.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Been to Norton House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!