“Amazing”
Review of Quays Wake & Ski

Quays Wake & Ski
Ranked #2 of 3 things to do in Mytchett
More attraction details
Owner description: Our sheltered fresh-water lake is home to some of the UK's best riding conditions. We run both a System 2.0 cable and boat for all levels of boarding and skiing. Our coaches are trained to a high standard and all of our sessions are fully coached, so if you're trying the sport for the first time there is no better place to learn! If you're after a more relaxed experience the stand-up paddleboarding may be more your style
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Baby buggy parking, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

It is a great place to practice tricks and learn the sport I loved it and I'm definitely going back, amazing!!!!!!!!!!

1 Thank Sam H

London, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Fun Afternoon”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Been going to Quayside for a while now and always have a great time. Always go wakeboarding either on the cable or behind the boat. Really good coaching from all the guys who obviously know what they're talking about!
If you're going in summer then you can book a few sessions and chill out and relax in the fun atmosphere, if you are brave enough to jump in in winter then be prepared for the cold.
The only thing I will point out is that some of the wetsuits and life vest could do with being replaced as some are a little old and showing signs of wear.
Quayside is an hour from London, so if you are looking for something to do for an afternoon get yourself down and try your hand at wakeboarding, however take your own wetsuit.

Visited February 2014
Guildford, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Not what was on offer in the Groupon ad”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Well, as it was announced it sounded like a coached session

Highlights
Two hours of paddleboarding for one (£11.50) or two (£22)
Custom-built centre on a private and sheltered lake
Wetsuit and life vest rental
Led by experienced coaches
Three people can be on the water at the same time

The expert coach I got was more like:
Good morning, here is the paddleboard, this is your paddle, put one foot here, the other one there and paddle away. No further instructions, not advice on anything else...
Also, because the lake is used for water skiing as well, basically you will be paddling in a more or less straight line of 300m in and 300m back to the jeti.
Also, which I found a bit insulting, I was told that when I got the hand of it, I could just move on the board or try and stand on one foot

Don't misunderstand the offer: this is a two hour rental of the board, wet suit and safety vest
The place is good if you want to try for the first time SUP, but after half an hour forwards and back .... well, you are better off in a river

My husband was keeping on eye on me because the coaches were busy on the cable board and with the water skiing facilities

Sorry, I enjoyed my time in the water because I had done rowing before and windsurfing lessons and at least I knew myself how to turn around..... and I love being in water, nothing else

This is not about the cable board or the water ski, where I saw the coaches instructing and taking care of those customers....

Visited September 2013
8 Thank Mercedes F
OliverHuntsman, Owner at Quays Wake & Ski, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear Mercedes,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Quayside.

As owner of the business that operates Quayside Wakeboard & Waterski I am genuinely saddened to hear that you had a less than positive experience on your recent visit to Quayside.

I have been taking part in activities on the water here for over twenty years and since taking over the operation of the business I have come up with, and firmly stand by, our brand promise. "We want all of our customers to feel like they belong to Quayside whether they're a lifetime member or here for their first time and we aim to make a new customer feel like a regular on their first visit to Quayside!"

We are primarily a Wakeboarding & Waterski school and Stand Up Paddle Board hire is an ancillary activity that we have recently added to our operation and our coaches are the leading in our field for Wakeboarding & waterskiing.

Your review prompted me to read through the Groupon that is on offer and it could be interpreted that you are getting a coached session, I have asked them to change it to be clearer as we do only offer hire of the equipment here for Stand Up Paddle Boarding.

With regard to you feeling insulted that my staff suggested you could try standing on one foot it is the first complaint I have heard of its kind, I am sorry that the suggestion was not taken as constructive, as I know it was intended to be delivered in that way.

I hope that this goes some way to addressing your review, please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you want to discuss it further.

Kind regards

Olly
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“The best place for beginners and experts alike”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Quayside Wake & Ski is a private, sheltered lake just 40 minutes from London. What makes it unique though is the quality of the staff. Everyone there is passionate about getting people out on the water and having a good time. Whether it is your 1st or 101st time on the water, the excitement and motivation shown by the team encourage you to do your absolute best. Cannot speak highly enough of this place.

I took a bunch of parents/children and everyone had an absolute blast. Hopefully many will become water sports enthusiasts and will return in the future.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank CarolineWatersports
Fleet, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Corporate event, thoroughly enjoyed by staff”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Organised a wakeboarding session for my department at work and it was thoroughly enjoyed by all. They have a BBQ so we brought our own food and had that on the go for those spectating! Staff very friendly and helpful teaching people how to get up on the water.
Will return again with friends and probably work.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank tintysteph
OliverHuntsman, Owner at Quays Wake & Ski, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Hey Steph,

It was great to entertain you guys down here and we look forward to seeing you all again soon!

Best regards