“Great tasting food BUT.......”

White Sails Bakery & Deli
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Tantallon
Price range: US$7 - US$10
Cuisines: Canadian, Fast food
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The people working there...
The owner, he is on the ball. He make the guests feel welcome. But let me tell you, I was there twice this week and I have never felt so un appreciated by all the other staff. No smiles, no thank you, just a hurry up attitude. I thought maybe it was just me but when I checked with others who were with me, they felt the same way. I rated low on atmosphere bescause of feeling unwelcome inside. But I loved it outside. The colors are so cheery.
You have a good thing going there, but people in the maritimes will come back because of good customer service. If it's bad, they say nothing and just won't go back..

Carolyn C, Owner at White Sails Bakery & Deli, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you so much for letting me know. I have printed copies of this review for our staff to read. My husband and I work behind the scenes, preparing food etc. So we can't always see how each person is greeted etc. So without your help and feedback we cannot make it better. So again I thank you for this information.
Jacques & Carolyn

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stumbled upon White Sails restaurant on our way back from Peggy's Cove. The food was excellent and fresh, we loved the fries and gravy. The staff was very accommodating and made it very enjoyable. We went with our small kids and they loved it.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

White Sails was recommended by a relative as a delicious choice for lunch! We were not disappointed; the servers were engaging, friendly and efficient and the food was fresh and delicious! It is everything you would expect in a deli-bakery. We enjoyed sampling the Montreal smocked meat and desserts before ordering. Sandwiches are on fresh baked white or multi-grain bread and the the vegetable are extra crispy and fresh. We can't wait to go back. The exterior of the building is a cool multi-coloured horizontal stripe and it it worth a stop just for a photo!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Hello everyone out there, are you looking for a great place to have a bite to eat and a great selection of fresh baked deserts to choose from, then this is the place for you. Take your pick of fresh made soups or a sandwich to fill you up. Try it I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Whether it be a great club house or a Montreal smoked meat , you be full by the time you are ready to leave the place,

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Great food, very tasty and reasonable priced, very relaxing outside area with chairs and benches. No problem with our dogs joining us at the table. Burgers are extra tasty and the cinnamon buns are the best you can get.