“Very Good”

Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Woolpit
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Go here reguarly - always very good. The bar staff are lovely and the atmosphere is pretty good.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Only wanted a small meal and this was the right place to visit. food was delicious and hit the spot

2  Thank rincewindforever
Reviewed 6 March 2012

The Swan at Woolpit has a lovely ambience on a chilly autumn evening with it's roaring fire, friendly atmosphere and relaxed surroundings. The menu which was written on blackboards is described with some gusto and is generally what you'd expect, but in my opinion, promises more than it delivers. When we were there we were unable to secure an alternative sauce to the one on the menu which left us feeling that the kitchen was a little lacking.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

The last time I visited this pub the food was ok, but, when I went to pay with my credit card the bloke got in a muddle and said it had not gone through, he then said if it comes up twice on your credit card I will give you a refund, and he did sign my bill & card receipt. Well, guess what it did come up twice on my credit card statement, and I had to go back to the Swan for a refund which was an inconvenience, as I had to explain to a different member of staff, I did get the refund but, I will not be going here again, as I feel it was a bit of a con.

4  Thank Tara310
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Let me start with the good points; the pub itself is cosy with a nice wood fire, the staff seemed nice and the food was tasty. Now the bad points; the portion sizes on the mains were small and for what you got, it was too expensive.
My husband ordered pork loin in cider sauce with mash and veg and I'm not exaggerating when I say he easily ate it in about 6 forkfulls (which isn't usual at all by the way!!) We wouldn't have really minded if we were paying around £6/£7 for it or if it was a posh restaurant even but it was £12.95 and it was essentially just pub food.
Altogether we had 2 average sized starters, 2 small mains, 1 pint of lager and a pint of diet coke and paid £47.50, so I would not say this offered good value for money at all.
Maybe we were just unlucky on the day but we won't be coming back again when we next visit the area in the summer.