“Absolutely great”

Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Dizzasco
Price range: US$37 - US$61
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The restaurant, located at the beginning of the Val d'Intelvi on the lake of Como, reopened the 21st march 2012 for the beginning of the spring. Guests will be welcomed in one of the four different rooms or in its beautiful garden on three levels. Guests will be welcomed in a simple, traditional but elegant atmosphere and will be served with local seasonal cousine mixed with international high quality products.
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Great service, great food, great atmosphere. Must visit if you are anywhere nearby. Place is little outside of Argegno but within walking distance and there's also good parking area.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

After having visited the restaurant and enjoyed the dinner during the last winter I've been at La Brea again on a lovely fresh night last week! I experience eating on the terrace, surrounded by jasmins, what a perfume.
The adorable news was that the menu has been recently changed with new added dishes, absolutely to try: gnocchi with local cheese (very tasty!!!).
The atmosphere is great, so it's the wine and the hospitality shown - Returning is always a pleasure.
Recommended

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Off the main road in Argegno, to the west a few yards after the turning from the main church. The restaurant was populated by diners at 2 other tables and we were on our own in the restaurant after 10 minutes. The table was set with a white tablecloth and serviettes tied with ribbons. My partner ordered a lake fish and it was delicious according to her. I had an assorted plate of fish, meant to be for the first course that was forgotten and brought on during the main course after mentioning that fact. I ate it with the main course. Meat and fish don't quite mix on my palate, but that was the only way I could enjoy both warm plates. Pity. The fish was great. Main course was recommended by proprieter - New Zealand lamb chops. I got 4 very small cuts of rib. Very tasty, soft and very well prepared, but still quite minute. For the price paid for them (€20) I deserved more cuts. It came with 3 or 4 pieces of polenta, bread cut shaped. They too were very good. My partner had a soft drink and a bottle of water and I had a small beer. The afternoon was quite rainy and the evening was cool outside. We were on the lower floor, all windows closed and it was very stuffy, warm and humid inside. We were perspiring. Couldn't see indication of air conditioning.
For our meal we paid about €67. More expensive then I had expected. Still-the food was excellent.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

A true gem in a small town - for sure the best restaurant I've been to in Como! Everything was spectacular: impeccable service, a beautiful garden setting and very high quality food. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a lovely atmosphere in Como, and will for sure be going back very soon!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

the small restauant up the hill was cozy and parking in the parking lot took courage, steep and narrow with a large car. the food was mediocre but the are friendly and try hard.