“nice cottages, food fantastic”
Review of Ramberg Gjestegard

Ramberg Gjestegard
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I sent a few days there with a group. We a
were all booked into cottages, which all have a few on the sea. The location is superb, the comfort is good, just the WiFi is only available in the restaurant/reception building. We had breakfast and dinner, and sometimes also lunch, in the restaurant. The food was amazing! We were also pampered by an extremely friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 September 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Ramberg Gjestegard campground for two nights at the end of July. Unfortunately, it rained 75% of our time there...which made for two very crabby people (that would be us). We planned on staying for four nights but on the second night we realized we were literally swimming in our tent...so...we packed up our stuff and threw our leaky cheap tent away (note: if you are going to be camping in Norway make sure you don't have a weak cheap $20 tent! We got only 4 nights total out of our tent. Invest in a nice one.) I know that's not the Gjestegard's fault but I thought I would add that as a side note.

Check-in was a breeze. We stayed near the main building in our tent, and the internet was very spotty. So whenever we wanted to use the internet we would go into the main building, which they let us do. The restaurant was fabulous, we had great food. Our server was very nice/helpful. She was a Polish woman who also camped there. Even though at this point we were dirt poor, we had to try cloudberries...and what a treat! So delicious.

The showers are a few kroner (I forgot how much...) for I want to say 4 minutes? I never thought I could shower that fast, but I did. There is a spot in another building for us to put our food, and a little kitchen where people can cook their meals. It does get quite busy in that kitchen.

The best part of the facility was the beach...We watched the sunset and then a few minutes later rise again. The beach was SOOOOOO gorgeous, during the day and at night. So many people were out at midnight watching the sun.

If we are in Ramberg again we will definitely stay here (with a much better tent!).

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skigirltiff
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stayed at the camp site for two nights ultimo August and was absolutely thrilled about the location: bordering a beautiful white beach and surrounded by scenic nature. The owner welcomes you in a very friendly way which immediately makes you feel very comfortable and you get the impression that she really makes a huge and sincere effort to make you feel as comfortable as possible. Absolutely great service!

Also, I had the privilege to experience and photograph the unique twilight auroras with simultaneous sights of sunset and auroras :-)

Can strongly recommend this place!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2013

2 nights in this very well placed camping, we have rent bikes to visit surroundings. We have also tested the restaurant, good local food with attentive service.
Don't hesitate to encourage this place.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Stayed there with my girlfriend. Had a nice cabin to ourselves and really enjoyed the surrounding areas, the beach is beautiful and watching the sun set and colours change really was quite magical.

Didn't make for great photos of the Aurora Borealis as there was some light pollution from a large warehouse next to the complex and the road behind. We still witnessed a beautiful display; framed by the mountains and bay. We spend all of out time truly relaxed.

Great stop whilst traveling Lofoten. Great food too and really friendly owner!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2011

The magic of Lofoten is that: it has also many different types of stunning sceneries. The white beach in Ramberg is definitely one of them. Ramberg Gjestegard just sits by the beach. We had a small cabin by the beach. It's a nice wooden house. Though small, it has a kitchen in it. You can see the midnight sun in this cabin and the beach is 10 meters away. It's stunning.

Cons: No WIFI in the cabin. You must go to the reception house to use WIFI. That's a little inconvenient. Also, the hot water supply limited, maybe it is supplied by a electric water heater but we won't informed about this. I took my shower after my wife did, and it ran out of hot water when I was souped up. It was a nightmare!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sanqiang
Reviewed 1 August 2011

The camping site is wonderfully located just by the beach. Amenities (kitchen, bathrooms, etc) are of average standard but enough if you aren't planning longer stays. Restaurant provides decent food, but beware of the rude cooks (if you can understand them which we could...)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reine Rorbuer
Reine Rorbuer
#1 of 83 in Lofoten Islands
Hemmingodden - Lofoten Fishing Lodge

Been to Ramberg Gjestegard? Share your experiences!