This is a special destination : expensive, exclusive, difficult to find, stunning location, pleasing wooden chalets in an enclave on a hill overlooking a fjord.
1. You feel pampered the minute you arrive. Charming, stylish and endlessly helpful female staff meet and greet the guests.
2. A terrace of tables and chairs with rolling hills and an unforgettable view.
3. A big, comfortable bed; we also had a balcony with a view.
4. A large,library lounge, with a log fire and huge comfy sofas.
1. Hand-held shower in tub regularly flooded the bathroom.
2. No wardrobe, in a superior deluxe room, just a rail for your clothes.
3. At best an average dinner, with chaotic service. There were only 4 couples eating there on a Saturday night, and the waiting staff had a hard time coping.
No wine list. The photocopied version which appeared, on request had no prices on it . I know this can happen in 3-star Michelin restaurants, but here, unfortunately, the young sommelier didn't know his chardonnay from his pinot noir, and had to dash in and out of the kitchen to check on prices. We gave up and had a beer .
The hotel is beautiful in a gorgeous setting;some of the staff are a delight,but the catering doesn't live up to expectations. Eat at the XL Diner in Alesund instead : delightful harbour view, memorable salt cod and good service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Storfjord Hotel is a small luxury timber hotel in Norway. Ideally located for fjord touring near the famous 'Golden Route' and overlooking the Storfjord and Sunnmore Alps, the hotel offers a special atmosphere with unique and beautiful Norwegian style rooms that have balconies and stunning views.A multitude of activites are available throughout winter and summer from spectacular hiking trails to boat tours. The guest-only restaurant serves food made from the finest local ingredients and a wine selection to compliment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Storfjord Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Storfjord Hotel møre Og Romsdal