“Fabulous service”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stonedge
Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Wales, United Kingdom
“Fabulous service”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

My husband had booked the hotel the same week we stayed, and having checked Trip advisor I knew we had made a good choice. Beautiful peaceful setting, modern clean boutique hotel. Lovely large well lit rooms stunning bathrooms with everything we needed. I have the same issue with every hotel I stay in I do wish it was possible to have fresh milk and better tea and coffee facilities but there was plenty of the norm available and biscuits. The staff were fabulous we were shown to our room and how to adjust the heating etc. we had booked for the restaurant upon arrival and I have to say that the Service was impeccable and without question some of the best I have ever witness, prompt polite efficient and nothing was too much trouble, brilliant and made a fantastic change. The food on offer was a great range and something for all tastes. My husband had the fillet steak on the bone, he had not asked for a steak nice and did not need one, the steak was cooked to perfection and was just as my steak fanatic husband wished. I had the local Chatsworth haddock in batter, beautiful the fish tasty and the batter lovely and light. My husband chose the acorn brûlée for dessert and we both tried it yummy perfect in fact. I had the sticky toffee pud a favourite and it was too fantastic. Breakfast was also served beautifully plenty on offer and although not on the menu I waked for pooched eggs on toast and my request filled. My only niggle was the coffee, at a guess it was instant and bland - I am happy to admit I like my coffee freshly made and strong. Over all we will definately stay again if we return to the area and cannot compliment the staff highly enough absolutely the best service I have had.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tamara G
Peakedgehotel, Owner at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your wonderful review. I am delighted that you had the most enjoyable. It makes me incredibly proud when I receive such an amazing review. I have an amazing and dedicated team, who work so hard in every area, to ensure each guest is made to feel special, welcomed and looked after to the highest level. Thank you once again for your very kind comments, and I hope to see you again in the not too distant future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Great Yarmouth
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We received a warm welcome upon our arrival, our immediate thought was how lovely the Reception area was and hoping that the room was equally as lovely - it was - in fact was exceptional. Sleep really well in the comfy be. We didn't have dinner but breakfast was lovely, the dinning area was as lovely as the rest of the hotel. All the staff were really polite and helpful - just wished that we could spend longer there but was just passing through. Well done Peak Edge Hotel it is nice to stay somewhere so lovely.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank fatmuma
Peakedgehotel, Owner at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your wonderful review. I am so happy to read that you have a comfortable and relaxing stay with us at The Peak Edge Hotel. I would be delighted to welcome you once again when you are next passing through or planning for a longer stay. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This is the first time I have written a review on tripadvisor but this hotel was probably the best hotel i've ever stayed at and we only stayed for a couple of nights. I picked this hotel as a little gettaway for my fiance's 30th birthday and right from the beginning the hotel staff were incredible at helping me plan the stay and keeping it secret from my fiance. We corresponded mostly by email but each email was responded to very quickly and very politely so I was pleased before we even got there. When we arrived the lady on reception knew who we were and said she was glad she managed to meet us and wished my fiance a happy birthday. When we got to our room there was also a card for my fiance which I thought was a lovely touch and handwritten, not just an unpersonalised one like most companies send. Our room (which was the Feature Room) was amazing, it totally met the expectations if not more than the pictures on the website and I was automatically taking photos of the view from our window and getting excited about the rather large bathtub in the bathroom. Everywhere in the hotel was clean and tidy, nothing was out of place and very well decorated. It seemed like nothing was impossible for the hotel staff to meet our needs and to say they had two weddings on were still very dedicated to our stay even if they were busy. Breakfast which was included in our stay was brillant - so much choice and very delicious and Iliked the little details such as the fact they wrapped our toast up in a napkin to keep it warm. The hotel also hired me a couple of bikes for the Saturday in advance and I had requested a smaller bike for myself and a mountain bike for my fiance and they sorted out helmets for us too and brought them out back for us with no hassle. We rode to Chatsworth House and back and were thoroughly exhausted but exhilirated when we got back to the hotel! We were unfortunately late for our reservation in the Bistro but they soon changed the time for us so we could freshen up and have a bath as we were aching a bit. The bath was fantastic and the shower was one of those showers you just didn't want to get out of and so clean and refreshing. Even though we were aching from the bike ride we went down to the Bistro for our meal and the staff were all very attentive and the food was to die for (highly recommend the duck a l'orange and cheeseboard for dessert) and so well presented. There were guests from the wedding at the bar but we all felt just happy to be in atmosphere (not overcrowded or feeling we were in the way) and there was someone playing the piano in the corner which made it all very romantic. After the meal we both collapsed into bed, watched a bit of our 46 inch TV and slept right the way through. My fiance said it was the best night's sleep he had in a long while. We would definitely visit this hotel again and were even saying we might visit for our first year wedding anniversary!

Room Tip: The Feature Room is the way to go!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HotelLover304
Thank you very much for your amazing review. I am truly delighted that you had such a fantastic and memorable stay for your Fiancés birthday celebrations. The Peak Edge Hotel at The Red Lion, pride ourselves on high levels of customer service, attention to detail, and will always do our utmost to make our guests feel incredibily special. Thank you for your wonderful photographs too that you have very kindly posted. they are all great! It would be wonderful to welcome you once again in the not too distant future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We stayed at The Peak Edge over the August bank holiday weekend for a wedding in Darley Dale. We arrived quite late on Friday night, in the pouring rain and were given a very warm and friendly welcome at reception. It was lovely to be shown to our room - not a touch you see very often these days - but makes you feel really welcome and looked after.
Unfortunately I fell flat on my face in the car park that night and ripped my toe apart. The lady on reception was really kind and helpful, got us sorted with first aid box and directions to the minor injuries A&E (a much better bet than the Chesterfield main hospital at 11.30 on a Friday night).
On our return they sent extra pillows up so I could elevate my foot, and the large glasses of wine we ordered arrived very swiftly.

We ate at the Red Lion on Saturday night and enjoyed a wonderful meal, a great bottle of wine, and superb service. Breakfast on Saturday morning was quite slow in arriving at our table, and at 8.30 in the morning we didn't really appreciate the handyman using a circular saw in the same room we were eating. (very loud, very intrusive and should probably have waited until breakfast service was finished).

All in all we had a wonderful stay - the hotel is expensive - but for what you get, it is well worth the money. Peaceful, quiet, friendly hotel with beautiful rooms, great views and wonderful food.

My main sticking point is the lighting in the car park. As mentioned - I fell and quite badly injured myself on my arrival - which would have been solved by having lights in the car park especially around the raised curbed flower bed (the offending trip hazard). Sort this out and you'll be even better than the 5*s I've already given you.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Peakedgehotel, Owner at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Thank you very much for writing your review on your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you had a wonderful, peaceful, relaxing stay and enjoyed the friendliness and warmth that you was shown whilst here. However, I was so so sorry to learn that you had hurt yourself in the car park, and I do send my very good wishes to you. I would be delighted to welcome you once again in the future. Kinedest regards, Damian Dugdale
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Have just returned from a 3 night stay in this great hotel. Beautiful, modern, contempory boutique hotel, with a old, modern, rustic restaurant attached. Great rural location, with beautiful views but central to all local attractions. Our room was a superior room, great, comfortable big bed, complimentary bottled water, coffee, biscuits everyday, the lovely big bathroom was beautiful, lovely big bath(plug didn't work though), plenty of room for 2!!! All staff very friendly, polite and professional. The restaurant was lovely, nice big roaring fires, comfy chairs to relax in. We ate from the market menu, 3 courses for £15, beautiful food, great value, struggled to fit dessert in.. Breakfast was also served in restaurant , great no complaints.. All in all I would recommend this hotel for special occasions and for a treat, and would love to return

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rachel U
Thank you for writing your wonderful review. I am very pleased to read that you have had such a great 3 night stay with us in September. I would like to take this opportunity also to thank you for all your future recommendations on The Peak Edge Hotel at The Red Lion Bistro. We hope to see you again in the future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We booked most of the rooms for a car rally and were not disappointed.
The staff were super and so helpful. Victoria Chapman was the events organiser and she was SO efficient. The food was brilliant and inventive.
This hotel goes the extra mile and I can recommend it to anyone for a function or just a couple wanting a weekend away.
A spa would be the icing on the cake.
Well done and Thankyou Peak Edge !!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank anne c
Thank you so very much for writing your wonderful review. I am delighted you had such a memorable stay with us. Such an amazing time for us also to welcome you, your guests and the fantastic collection of cars. We pride ourselves on always going the extra mile and looking after our guests in the best possible way. We will be glad to see you once again. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Attended a wedding at this hotel and really can't fault it. Everything from the friendliness of the staff to the food, to the way the event was run and the general organisation of the hotel were spot on.

The place itself is a great location too with nice views over the peaks and the place has a general airy, modern feeling about it, with a nice mix of the older traditional side in the bistro/bar area.

As for the bedrooms, ours was literally the best hotel room we have ever stayed in! Amazing! Huge, comfortable bed, big flat screen TV on the wall, really modern decoration and clean with what felt like lots of space compared to anywhere else I've stayed. Same with the bathroom, massive bath and walk-in wet-room style separate shower, even had under-floor heating!

We will definitely aim to return at some point and would definitely recommend it as a venue for weddings to people we know.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank adamcobb
I would like to thank you for your fantastic review and that you regard your stay as faultless. I am delighted that you had such a fabulous and memorable time at the Wedding you attended. I would be pleased to welcome you once again in the future to The Peak Edge Hotel at The Red Lion Bistro. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stonedge
Casa Hotel
Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Bagshaw Hall
Bagshaw Hall
#3 of 6 in Bakewell

Been to Peak Edge Hotel? Share your experiences!