“Great Place for a Getaway”
Review of Peak Edge Hotel

Peak Edge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stonedge
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed 1 night, my wife and myself.
The reception staff were extremely welcoming and helpful, the room was clean, pleasantly decorated with a 'wet room' style En-suite. We had double doors that opened up to a view of the large pond behind the hotel.
The bed was extremely comfortable, shower very good.
Had a relaxing meal in the bistro, the serving staff again, were very welcoming, helpful and knowledgeable about the menu.
Food was fabulous with great presentation and flavour combinations.
If there was one issue it was that the password provided in the hotel guide in the room for the WiFi didn't appear to work, however this prevented me from being tempted to start looking at e-mails, so it did me a favour.
We will certainly be visiting again, hopefully for a slightly longer stay.

Room Tip: If you can get a room on the East side of the hotel you will be furthest away from the Bistro, and h...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Peakedgehotel, Owner at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your recent stay with us at The Peak Edge Hotel. I am delighted that you had a fantastic time and during your stay you was fortunate to see one of our stunning sunsets. These are truly breathtaking and totally light up the whole sky. I am pleased your stay was very comfortable, relaxing and you had a fabulous dining experience. Thank you for your kind words with regards to my staff. My Team are remarkable and proud of each and everyone of them . I would like to apologise for your Wi-Fi connection difficulties, we have just had our service upgraded which should resolve connection difficulties. I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and hope to see you again in the not too distant future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale

Reviewed 29 November 2013

The customer service was amazing from checking in to checking out, Karen the receptionist went over and above to make my stay a pleasure, her genuine & warm personality made me feel welcome and that nothing was to much trouble.
When you stay away on regular occasions for business its the little things that make a big difference (e.g. Christmas trees in every room!).
The room was lovely. Very clean and modern with fantastic views out across the countryside
I had room service & breakfast where again the standards were first rate.
I have already recommended this hotel as a meeting venue in work and I am hoping to revisit personally in the future.
Superb place, would highly advise you to book

Room Tip: The York Suite is a must
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Peakedgehotel, Owner at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

I am delighted you had an exceptional stay with us recently and would like to thank you for leaving your wonderful review. Thank you for your special mention of my Receptionist Karen. Our dedicated Team of Receptionists form a strong and professional core within the hotel, They are incredibly helpful, friendly and have fabulous, friendly personalities. They pay particular attention to get to know our hotel guests, to help and care for them whilst staying with us. I totally agree that the little gestures and helpfulness go a long way, it makes all the difference. The York Suite is stunning in every way, with the fabulous four poster bed, large sofa, wall mounted TV, not to mention the large bath and rainfall shower. It offers pure indulgence and luxury. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your future recommendations, with the possibly host a meeting for your place of work. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale

Reviewed 27 November 2013

We booked The Peak Edge Hotel for our wedding on 7th September 2013. When we first viewed this venue we both fell in love with the venue, its location, food and most of all the friendly staff.
From the moment we visited nothing was too much trouble, and we were even shown around the hotel rooms 3 times before we finally booked.
Everyone knows weddings are very stressful times, and the venue is one of the main parts, meaning you want everything to be perfect ready for your special day. Well rest assured our wedding day was truly better than we could have imagined, thanks to the Peak Edge Hotel staff, especially the wedding co-ordinator Carly. I cannot stress how much Carly helped us with our planning, she took control at every meeting prior to the day to make sure everything was on track. Carly really made sure every vision we had and more was executed perfectly on the day, She was an absolute star and we both very grateful to her for making our wedding day perfect.
As for the day the function rooms were set up beautifully, the staff were fantastic little workers and the food was absolutely fantastic. I would recommend the Hog Roast for evening reception, by far the best pork we have ever tasted. We have also received a lot of feedback from our guest saying this is one of the best weddings they have ever attended and really rating the food and hotel rooms being value for money.

We will defiantly be visiting the Peak Edge hotel in the future and will recommend this as a wedding venue to everyone we know.

Amy & Craig Parkin

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for leaving your amazing review on your most perfect and special Wedding Day. We are truly delighted that from start to finish you had a stress-free day and I know you will have everlasting and cherished memories. Thank you for your very kind compliments to our Wedding Co-Ordinator Carly and our fantastic team of staff. I am incredidbly proud of our highly dedicated and devoted team of Wedding Co-Ordinators and staff throughout the business. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your future recommendations for The Peak Edge Hotel at The Red Lion and delighted that you received so many positive reviews from your guests. Many Congratulations and would like to wish you a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year as Man & Wife. We look forward to welcoming you, hopefully in the not too distant future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Peak Edge for the night whilst attending a friends wedding. From start to finish the staff went the extra mile to ensure our stay was truly memorable.

I was incredibly impressed that the night before our stay Caroline, who I had spoken to when booking the room, called to confirm that we would be able to check in before the wedding started. We have a four week old baby so this was really important to us. She also made it very clear to me that if there was anything the hotel could do to make our stay easier then we just had to ask. Certainly the mark of brilliant customer service!

As other reviewers have commented, the rooms are fantastic and certainly not just 'standard'. The food in the attached Bistro is fantastic, and we particularly enjoyed breakfast in bed..a rare treat with a newborn! Again I was impressed with the consideration shown to us by the staff, they had ensured that our heating was switched on due to it being a cold day and us having a newborn. They also selected a room that was as far as possible away from the wedding party to keep noise to a minimum.

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough, a beautiful wedding venue with excellent service and genuinely warm and friendly staff. We cannot wait to return.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank KJH87

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your recent stay whilst attending your friends wedding. I am absolutely delighted that your stay with us was impressive, especially travelling a long way with your new born baby girl. Thank you for your special mention of my Receptionist Caroline, and the high level of customer service and care you received from her. My Receptionists are amazing, they show much empathy, compassion and have a true understanding and knowledge of their guests and any special requirements/requests they may have. They always go the extra mile to ensure everyone is very well cared for, looked after and made always to feel special. We pride ourselves on all the little personal touches that I believe makes us truly stand out. Glad you enjoyed your dining experience too, and that you took advantage of our Breakfast in Bed service. You truly deserve it being new parents to your little baby girl. We would be delighted to welcome you back, hopefully in the not too distant future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Love the location, service and food. Staff are utterly amazing. Could teach most 5 star hotels a thing or two. Dinner and breakfast are hearty and delicious fares in a cosy, homely but stylish surroundings. Perfect for a indulgent pampering weekend of ambling around the glorious countryside and cannot wait to tucking into the Sunday roasts tomorrow. Look forward to returning in the summer.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

I am delighted to read your outstanding review on your recent stay. Your compliments on all areas are truly fantastic and makes us all feel so incredibly proud. I have an amazing and devoted team, who are passionate and dedicated in what they do, and makes me feel very proud that you regard their service and standards on a par with 5* hotels. Our delicious food served in The Red Lion Bistro and the rolling countryside surrounding as far as the eye can see, makes us a perfect choice for complete relaxation and pampering in complete luxury. We do hope to welcome you again, in the not too distant future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

All the glowing reviews for this Hotel are absolutely spot-on. The room was spacious, comfortable and very well-equipped and we had a lovely meal at the Bistro warmed by the open fire. Service was helpful and friendly without being obtrusive. Our only regret is that we could only stay for one night, but we hope to remedy that when we (will definitely) return in the near future.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for leaving your wonderful review. I am delighted that your stay was absolutely spot-on, especially your comfortable/spacious well equipped room, the helpful & friendly service, open fires and your lovely meal in The Red Lion Bistro. It would be fantastic to welcome you once again, hopefully in the not too distant future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Peak Edge Hotel and are looking forwards to our next visit. We had a very warm welcome from the receptionist who showed us to our room. The room though "standard" was far from it... very spacious, super king bed, beautiful views, led tv, gorgeous wet room etc. The pub next door is beautifully furnished and has roaring log fires. Our meals were delicious and very high quality. It was great to meet and chat to the owners as well. This really was a 5* experience.

Stayed: November 2013
Peakedgehotel, Owner at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review. I am delighted that you had a '5 star' experience with us at The Peak Edge Hotel and you received the warmest of welcomes. The hotel boasts 27 luxurious & spacious bedrooms that all include king-sized beds, en-suite bathrooms with rain showers, large wall mounted LED Flat screen TV's, not to mention the spectaculer views of the open countryside.. We hope to welcome you again, in the not too distant future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stonedge
Casa Hotel
East Lodge Country House Hotel
Hodgkinson's Hotel
Hodgkinson's Hotel
#1 of 3 in Matlock Bath

Been to Peak Edge Hotel? Share your experiences!