“A great improvement from the management after taking onboard customer comments !”
Review of Peak Edge Hotel

Peak Edge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stonedge
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Following our first visit when I suggested various improvements which should be made to this establishment. I was contacted by the owner Damien who thanked me for my constructive comments and said that all my comments had been addressed. He asked me and my wife back for a complementary visit to see for myself the improvements which had been made. I agreed and thanked Damien for inviting us back. On arrival I noticed that a beautiful smoking area with heating and comfy sofas & chairs had been created outside. The rooms had been given comfy chairs and the meals where excellent and of a generous proportion. Over hall there has been a large amount of money time and consideration been given to the improvements that has been made. I applaud the management for there pro active approach that has been made following customer comments on Trip Advisor. All the best to you for the future you deserve it. Thank you once again for listening and given us the chance to re visit and comment!

Room Tip: All rooms are quite and beautiful
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bigjohnthecat
Peakedgehotel, Owner at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review. I am absolutley delighted that you returned to The Peak Edge Hotel and had such a fabulous complimentary stay . Thank you so kindly for all your kind comments and praise on your recent stay and that you noticed and enjoyed all the developments and new ventures that have been created over recent months. I would like to wish you both a Happy New Year and hope you had a safe journey home. Assuring you of my best attention at all times and hope to welcome you onced again to The Peak Edge Hotel. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Lovely place in a nice quiet setting. Rooms were spacious and well decorated. Very comfy beds and really lovely bathrooms with a massive bath! All staff we encountered were professional, friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very relaxed and food delicious. We ate in the bistro and the food was outstanding and the ambience lovely but a little on the chilly side. Very good location and in a great position for visiting nearby Matlock and Bakewell. All in all a first class stay and can't wait to return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Peakedgehotel, Owner at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Thank yo for taking the time to write you lovely review on your recent stay at The Peak Edge Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and your dining experience in The Red Lion Bistro. I am so fortunate to have an amazing team of staff who are so dedicated, hardworking, freindly and professional. I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a Happy New Year and hope to welcome you once again. Kindest regards Damian Dugdale.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Stayed here the night before my wedding, reception extremely welcoming , but as I booked in I realised I'd forgotten my wedding speech, the receptionist offered to pop back to my house as she lived in the same town. I declined but thought this was very kind and excellent service.
The room were amazing, overlooking farmland. I found the wifi code in the brochure to be incorrect but called reception and got the code immediately
The food was beautiful cooked to perfection I don't think you could get better any where else. all through our stay peak edge staff we're incredibly helpful we would definitely stay here again

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Peakedgehotel, Owner at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Many congratulations on your very special Wedding Day and for leaving your wonderful review. I am delighted you chose The Peak Edge Hotel to stay prior to your Wedding. I hope your day was amazing in every way possible, and would like to wish you both a First Merry Christmas as Husband & Wife together, and a Happy New Year. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

The team at peak edge provided a first class service for our family at my husbands 50th recently. The venue was perfect and the staff organised things just how we requested. Great communication ! We found everything perfect from the bar service, buffet, d.j. and the newly decorated room provided a beautiful environment We also used the hotel which was first class, lovely rooms, very friendly reception staff and delicious hangover breakfasts served the next day. Friends who stayed also commented how great everything had been . Would highly recommend and will return again and again. Thank you to all the staff involved particularly Kate, Margaret and Karen xx

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your amazing review on your husbands 50th Birthday party. I am delighted to read that your whole experience was 'First Class' and would like to thank you for your special thanks to Katie, Margaret and Karen. I am incredibily fortunate to have an amazing and totally dedicated team who work incredibly hard to ensure high standard are always achieved and our guests looked after in every way possible. I would like to thank you for any future recommendations and be delighted to welcome you back, hopefully in the not too distant future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

We stayed as a family of 3 for a long weekend. Very spacious rooms and very comfortable beds...shower could of been stronger but minor point. The pub restaurant was nice but very busy due to a wedding and could not find a seat....the next two evenings were great with a good atmosphere. The food was good.

This is an ideal location for exploring the peaks, we'll worth a stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and for taking the time to leave your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotels location for exploring The Peak District and the hotel facilities including the comfortable beds and spaciousness of the bedrooms. However, I would like to sincerely apologise that you struggled to find a seat on the first night of your stay. I trust this was rectifed for you. I hope to welcome you once again, in the not too distant futute. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stayed for one night. I am usually wary of the phrase "boutique hotel" as this usually means a well-equipped, but tiny and overpriced room. This place is certainly expensive, but with a large bedroom (and bathroom) and a very warm welcome from the receptionist, who explained all the room facilities (the Xmas tree was a nice touch). Very comfortable bed. Ate at the adjoining Red Lion for dinner and breakfast - extremely good food. Lovely quiet position; my room overlooked open countryside.
A few minor gripes: it was cold outside when I stayed, and despite adjusting the room a/c, it never got particularly warm, especially in the bathroom. The inclusive room wifi did not work properly, and with phone and laptop to charge, there were too few power points in the room. However, would most probably stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us recently and that you enjoyed The Peak Edge Hotel's facilities and your dining experience at The Red Lion Bistro. We are fortunate that we are surrounded by open countryside and rolling hills, making us the perfect escape for relaxation and to get away from it all. However, I would like to apologise for the wi-fi internet connection and your room heating difficultites. Our Hotel Reception is manned 24 hours a day and could of assisted you to help resolve these issues immediately for you . We do hope to see you again in the not too distant future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed 1 night, my wife and myself.
The reception staff were extremely welcoming and helpful, the room was clean, pleasantly decorated with a 'wet room' style En-suite. We had double doors that opened up to a view of the large pond behind the hotel.
The bed was extremely comfortable, shower very good.
Had a relaxing meal in the bistro, the serving staff again, were very welcoming, helpful and knowledgeable about the menu.
Food was fabulous with great presentation and flavour combinations.
If there was one issue it was that the password provided in the hotel guide in the room for the WiFi didn't appear to work, however this prevented me from being tempted to start looking at e-mails, so it did me a favour.
We will certainly be visiting again, hopefully for a slightly longer stay.

Room Tip: If you can get a room on the East side of the hotel you will be furthest away from the Bistro, and h...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Peakedgehotel, Owner at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your recent stay with us at The Peak Edge Hotel. I am delighted that you had a fantastic time and during your stay you was fortunate to see one of our stunning sunsets. These are truly breathtaking and totally light up the whole sky. I am pleased your stay was very comfortable, relaxing and you had a fabulous dining experience. Thank you for your kind words with regards to my staff. My Team are remarkable and proud of each and everyone of them . I would like to apologise for your Wi-Fi connection difficulties, we have just had our service upgraded which should resolve connection difficulties. I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and hope to see you again in the not too distant future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stonedge
Casa Hotel
East Lodge Country House Hotel
Hodgkinson's Hotel
Hodgkinson's Hotel
#1 of 3 in Matlock Bath

Been to Peak Edge Hotel? Share your experiences!