“lovely and romantic”

Peak Edge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stonedge
“lovely and romantic”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

the rooms are fantastic baths sized well and so relaxing great modern showers clean simple but lots of luxury. lovely views and atmosphere. caroline on reception went out of her way to provide great service and made sure we were happy. lovely little getaway. only criticism is the bistro we arein our early 20s but probably look younger and felt a treated a bit erm how do i say like the bar man (dont know if he was manager was in shirt and trousers) looked down his nose at us a bit but the food was lovely and the waiters and waitresses were great just thought they'd chat a bit more be a bit more welcoming just didnt relax as much as id of liked while eating. warm and cosy in the bistro you do forget the outside world a bit! the breakfast has lots of choice but really does need beans on the menu everything else is to dry on its own. good room service. but had a lovely overnight stay be good if checkout was later lol :)

Room Tip: loved room being on ground floor cant see no point in balconys as its just double doors with a guard...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Peakedgehotel, Owner at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Thank you for taking to time to write your review. I am delighted that you chose the Peak Edge Hotel at the Red Lion for your romantic getaway and enjoyed the relaxing bedrooms, baths and picturesque views. We welcome guests of all ages here and sad to hear that you was made to feel uncomforatble. I have certainly addressed this issue and would like to take the opportunity to sincerely apologise for this., but grateful for your feedback. I hope to welcome you once again in the future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

So. Our first encounter with peak edge was in January 2013. Since then we've been back a dozen times, staying the night twice .

We've booked our wedding here and in the midst of all the pre wedding stress the one thing I know I can depend on absolutely for my big day is the high standard set by the team here.

The food is beautiful, the location is stunning, the rooms .... Beautiful, the service, which was amazing when we first visited has if possible only got better. Nothing is too much for them. We turned up last night for a wedding meal tasting evening with no plans to stay, but we couldn't resist. As a result we had no toothbrushes or anything. Despite being last minute the lady at reception found us a " survival pack" of robes, toothbrushes, toothpaste, deoderant and shaving gear.

These guys lead the way in customer service, they're all friendly, knowledgeable and would do anything to help out.

I love this place... If I had the money I'd be there every single night.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Peakedgehotel, Owner at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
I am delighted to receive your amazing review. I am so pleased that each stay has been fantastic and that you regard we lead the way in customer service. Fabulous that you have booked your very special wedding day also, your day will be incredibly memorable. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your very kind comments and look forward to welcming you once again very soon. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We had travelled up from the Isle of Wight to spend some time with my elderly mother but really needed a bit of an escape and we certainly got it at this lovely Hotel. We were greeted in such a lovely manner and shown to a fabulous peaceful and spacious room with a lake view. Everything was taken into account and the little things that normally irritate me about Hotels ( like having to ask for an iron !) were all present. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows divine.
We were welcomed into the bar and sat by a glorious open fire. We were warned it was busy and we wouldn't be able to eat until 9pm but we were very comfortable and this didn't matter to us. There were a few choices on the menu that had sold out but in fact what we ate was absolutely delicious so this didn't alter our enjoyment of the meal.
The staff were all excellent, efficient and caring
Breakfast was a treat with all sorts of lovely fresh goodies and my boiled eggs were perfect (often not achieved in Hotels !)
We will definitly be back as often as possible.

Room Tip: Ask for a peaceful lake view with little balcony as these have lovely views and are away from the ro...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Peakedgehotel, Owner at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
I am delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us recently on your travels from the Isle of Man to visit your elderley mother. It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, including my fabulous staff, the hotel facilities including your lakeside view and the delicious food served in our Award Winning Bistro. I hope that you will return once again in the not too distant future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Another fantastic evening at Peak Edge. Great food and great company. Would recommend Peak Edge to anyone wanting a nice stay in the country or planning your wedding. If you are unsure, please try the venue for yourself and you will not be disappointed :)

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Peakedgehotel, General Manager at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review. I am delighted that you had a fantastic stay and evening with us at The Peak Edge Hotel at The Red Lion. I hope to welcome you once again in the not too distant future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.
Redruth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a fabulous place to stay. Right from the minute you arrive you are made to feel at home which is especially important when you are a female alone. Lovely spacious room with a fabulous modern bathroom and underfloor heating. The bar is very welcoming with a lovely open fire where you can sit with a glass of wine. The restaurant is superb with excellent food I particularly enjoyed the lamb with smoked onion coal it was superb better than the lamb dish I ate at The Fat Duck. The breakfast is also good with plenty of choice. I will definitely be returning.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Peakedgehotel, Owner at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review. I am delighted that you had a fantastic stay with us and enjoyed all the facilites at The Peak Edge Hotel at The Red Lion. It would be our pleasure to welcome you once again, hopefully in the not too distant future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

My cousin had her wedding here and it was amazing. The food was beautiful, the atmosphere and decor is really atmospheric and classy. The staff couldn't do enough for us. We loved it and will deffinitely go back. The rooms are high quality and luxurious, not like the usual worn feel of a 4 star hotel.

Stayed January 2014
Peakedgehotel, Owner at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
I am delighted that you had such a fantastic time on your Cousins very special Wedding Day, I am sure you will all have such cherished memories for a long time to come. Thank you so much for your fantastic compliments on your experiences here, we truly aim to achieve the highest standards in all areas of The Hotel and Bistro and to make each and every guest feel special and cared for. We hope to see you again in the not too distant future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

After searching on trip advisor for somewhere special to spend a weekend break, I came across the Peak Edge Hotel. After reading the highly positive reviews, I looked at the website and contacted the hotel directly to make a reservation. I explained to the receptionist that we were celebrating our first anniversary together, and although sadly there were no special deals they were able to offer me on a Saturday, I was advised that they were willing to give me a complementary upgrade to a feature room, for the same price that I would pay to stay in one of there superior rooms. On arrival we were greeted by a very friendly receptionist who even showed us to our room, and made sure everything was in order. The large bedroom was magnificent with views over the lake and the countryside behind. The bed was of excellent comfort and was very snug and warm. The bathroom was well equipped with both a bath and a shower. We dined at the attached restaurant The Red Lion, that evening and also had breakfast there the following morning. The food was absolutely fabulous and certainly worth every penny, the setting and atmosphere in the bistro and bar was superb, and the original characteristics of this being an old coaching inn, with open fires, all added to the experience and made this a night away to remember. All of the staff both at the hotel and at the bistro, we're very friendly and welcoming. Nothing was too much trouble and we were made to feel very welcome during our stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone, and can not wait to go and stay there again in the very near future.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NeilnRobert
Thank you for taking the time to write your amazing review. I am delighted you both had a fabulous stay for your 1st Wedding Anniversary. I am pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay including our friendly service, hotel facilites, our delicious breakfasts and evening A la Carte dishes and the cozy ambience of The Red Lion Bistro. I hope you had a very special and memorable anniversary and we would be so pleased to welcome you once again in the future. We would all like to wish you every happiness as you embark on your 2nd year of marriage and all the very best for the future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stonedge
Casa Hotel
Bagshaw Hall
Bagshaw Hall
#3 of 7 in Bakewell
BEST WESTERN Buxton Lee Wood Hotel

Been to Peak Edge Hotel? Share your experiences!