“Weekend of luxury”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stonedge
Wetherby, United Kingdom
“Weekend of luxury”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Just arrived back after spending a weekend at this beautiful hotel for a friends special birthday, I normally like to make the decision of what hotel I would like to stay in but as this was a surprise for a friend and was chosen by her husband, I wasn't sure what to expect but when we arrived a smile came across my face, the hotel looked lovely from the start, done out very boutique style, rooms were large and spacious, the decor was very nice and as we were a party of 15 couples we all had the same bedroom layout apart from the birthday girl who had the York suite which was massive including a modern four poster bed, so if you have a particular special reason to celebrate I would recommend this room, the staff at peak edge were brilliant as it is not easy to look after a large party but they were very attentive, I fact couldn't do enough for you, the food was beautiful and the breakfasts were fab in the bistro, really looking forward to going back, as Chatsworth house and Bakewell village were close enough to visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Peakedgehotel, Owner at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
I am delighted to read your fantastic review and so pleased you enjoyed your "weekend of luxury" . Such an amazing time was had by all for the suprise birthday weekend and was great to see you all having such an amazing time together. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you kindly for all your wonderful compliments, and would be pleased to welcome you once again in the future. Kindest regards Damian Dugdale.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Myself and my husband booked an overnight stay as a romantic break away from the children. We had a fantastic time the hotel was lovely the staff were fantastic ( nothing was to much trouble). the bedroom and bathroom had a modern feel and very comfortable.

However i feel that i could not give a 5 in my rating due to the very limited vegetarian option. before booking i downloaded the menu so was awear of the options however on booking i was informed that there would be a specials board that would offer extra options.

Due to the options my husband orded the fish which he eats on rare occassions when he has to, this was due to the only vegetarian meal that was on offer was something that he does not like.To his supprise on arrival the fish had rashers of bacon in which was not stated on the menu.

The breakfast i found was great, however again my husband asked for a Vegetarin full english and was disappointed with the meal.on arrival my husband was presented with a few mushrooms, half a tomato and a poached egg. however i feel that I must state that the continental breakfast was great and he had plenty of options on there so he had a extra croissant.

Overall i would recommand the Peak Edge hotel to my friends and family as we had a lovely time, it was just a shame about the food options which spoilt our stay a little.

1 Thank Nicola w
I am delighted that you had a fantastic stay with us recently and enjoyed your romantic getaway. Thank you for your thoughts regarding our Vegetarian options. We have just over the last few days been preparing a more comprehensive selection of starters, main courses and breakfast items to create a more varied choice. I hope to see you once again and would like to thank you in advance of any recommendations you give. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.
London
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights last week and loved it. We were a party of six (3 couples) we had identical rooms all very clean and comfortable. The bathrooms had everything you expect and were also very clean. Our overhead shower lacked a certain oomph but did its job. We agreed with other reviewers about the low lighting levels for make up and shaving but a minor irritation only. The beds were huge and very comfortable. All six of us have different priorities and preferences when it comes to a good nights sleep but we all agreed on how comfortable the beds were. The bed linen was crisp and clean. Tea, coffee, chocolate and biscuits, toiletries and towels (if required) were renewed daily.

The hotel has a fairly new and modern look, the corridors are plain and just a little bland but certainly not unpleasant. The public areas are very well kept and it does lack a little character. The landscaping, pond etc is newish and should be great when it all grows in a little. BUT and this is a very BIG but, what really, really makes this hotel BRILLIANT and would be worth coming back to are the high standards and lovely people who run it. This has to be the friendliest hotel we have ever been to. Every member of staff we met, without exception, made us feel very welcome and what is more they looked like they actually enjoyed being there too. They were professional without being officious and friendly without being overbearing. In turn this led to a very relaxed and welcoming atmosphere to holiday in. It is what you expect from a hotel but rarely get. All our expectations were met and some were exceeded for the first time EVER in a hotel.

The Red Lion pub/restaurant attached to the hotel, in contrast, has oodles of character. It has a big log fire, old leather chesterfields, wooden floors, nooks and crannies, candlelight and a lovely warm atmosphere. Because of the wet and cold weather I didn't like having to go outside to get to and from the hotel but in the warmer weather I doubt this would be a problem. There was internal access through an unusually cold corridor but it wasn't always possible to get through if the rooms at the end were being used for weddings etc so we had to turn back and go the long way round. Not a deal breaker though and a little notice to say 'no access to restaurant today' would solve that very minor irritation.

Breakfast was good, a continental buffet table, the homemade marmalade was delicious. A (very lovely) waitress service for cooked breakfast. Nothing was too much trouble for her or indeed any of the staff who served us. In fact, every waiter/waitress who served us in the restaurant at any time of day/night were wonderful and had the same very friendly, professional attitude of the staff in the hotel. They actually did seem happy to be there. The food was limited in choice in the evenings - especially for 3 vegetarians - but it was of very good quality if on the small side, portion wise. We found the daytime menu (served up until 6pm) suited our tastes better. On the last occasion I had to resort to choosing two starters as a main course for my veggie option which turned up as small 'starter portions' on individual plates, I thought they may have compensated by making it a more substantial meal but nevertheless, what little I had was delicious. Again, the staff and the atmosphere were what made this a great place to be and even the occasional small portions and lack of choice didn't seem to matter that much when we were having such a good time. We would certainly go back. Ps try a day out at Denby Potteries we had a terrific day there shopping, eating and painting our own plates, mugs, bowls etc. great for all ages.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your time you have taken to write your detailed review on your recent stay at The Peak Edge Hotel with your friends. I am delighted that you all had a great stay with us. I appreciate the honesty of your feedback and pleased that you regard others in the industry should "aspire" to our standards, facilites and service we have put in place. It is very important to me to find out and understand guests reviews, experiences and thoughts especially as we arent even 3 years old yet. I would be delighted to welcome you all once again in the future to come and experience us once again. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Having had a very pleasant check in we were shown to our 'feature room' with a view of the lake. It's probably more of a large man made pond than a 'lake', although this description did cause some amusement and there were a few ducks and a feature bridge to look at. Room was good, comfortable bed, very nice bathroom etc.- fundamentally as one would expect for a 4*. Dinner in the Bistro had a limited menu, although admittedly it was a Sunday, and some of the specials had gone even though we had booked for 7.30 - if you didn't like game or fish the only real option was a relatively expensive steak. We had pheasant but it came out cold and under cooked. When we mentioned this the manager was called and it was dealt with promptly. We weren't charged and were given a couple of complimentary drinks. Very friendly and efficient bistro staff. Breakfast was a bit of a let down with no white bread (they had run out) and there was an excessive wait for hot drinks as we were forgotten. Food was adequate. The shower never got particularly hot and the tap fell off the feature bath and almost kneecapped my partner, although the look on the receptionist's face when I handed it to her on the way out made up for the small bruise! While they were sorted out efficiently there were a few too many small issues for me to award more than an average rating, albeit this is still a very nice place to stay.

1 Thank Markieboi
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent trip to The Peak Edge Hotel. I am pleased that you had a very nice stay and enjoyed your Feature Room, bedroom facilities and the open countryside overlooking lake. However, I would like to sincerely apologise for the maintenance issue with the bath tap., I really hope that your partner is ok. Also I have looked into why the choices were limited on Sunday Service, that white bread wasnt available, and your meal was cool in temperature. I would like to stress that this is not our normal high standards of service, and would like to sincerely apologies for these few issues you experienced. I do hope that you would consider returning to The Peak Edge Hotel. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

After visit on a spur of the moment visit on a Sunday and enjoyed the food. We booked and returned for Valentine 6 course taster menu and over night room with breakfast. Could not fault the service, staff or food. Attentive staff without being overpowering nothing was too much trouble. Mind blowing food and our compliments to the Chef and kitchen staff. An absolutely fabulous experience and can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review. I am delighted you had such a fabulous experience with us at The Peak Edge Hotel to celebrate such a special occasion together on Valentine's Day. Thank you for all your amazing comments, regarding my fabulous team here, and I certainly have passed your compliments to our Head Chef Dan Laycock for the 6 Course Taster Menu. I hope to welcome you once again in the future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We booked this hotel for an overnight break because of the good reviews. We stayed in the Harrogate suite because we wanted to treat ourselves but I expect the other rooms would have also been an excellent standard. The room was very spacious with simple modern decor and an extremely comfortable huge bed. I have stayed in hotel rooms smaller than our bathroom… which was fully equipped with a double ended bath and a walk in shower.
The evening meal in the Red Lion next door was exceptional and the full English breakfast (included in the price) was also extremely good.
However the one thing that really makes the hotel exceptional is the friendly staff who provide excellent service and were extremely helpful, cheerful and polite. We highly recommend this hotel and hopefully will return in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed in the lovely spacious Harrogate suite but I think all the rooms would be very good.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Peakedgehotel, General Manager at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for leaving your recent review, I am delighted that you had such a fantastic stay and enjoyed our beautiful Harrogate Suite that overlooks the lake and open countryside. Thank you for your kind comments regarding my staff here, I have a truly fabulous team here, and proud of their devotion and commitment to give our guests high standards of customer service and to ensure guests are cared for. I hope to welcome you once again in the future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.
Clay Cross, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Even though we live local it's an ideal place for a night away, we have stayed many times and as usual everything always lives up to expectations, with having a special diet I find it awkward eating out and enjoying overnight stays, but I am always looked after and my diet is always catered for in the evenings as well as breakfast. Rooms are beautiful and always well kept. Lovely to relax after the meal with the piano playing it makes a beautiful atmosphere. There is nothing that staff will not do to ensure a pefect stay. No doubt we will be visiting again soon.

Peakedgehotel, Owner at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to writie your review on your recent stay with us. I am truly delighted to welcome you once again and that your visit to The Peak Edge Hotel has been a perfect stay yet again. Thank you very much for your really kind comments, its is very much appreciated. We hope to welcome you once again in the not too distant future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stonedge
Casa Hotel
Bagshaw Hall
Bagshaw Hall
#3 of 6 in Bakewell
Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to Peak Edge Hotel? Share your experiences!