The Vineyard Hotel & Spa
Lord Lyon Inn(Stockcross)
TripAdvisor
2,027 results
All reviewsfood and winemichelin starby the glassmatching winesspecial occasioncourse menubirthday celebrationfrom start to finishdining experiencefine diningafternoon teatreatment roomsmain restaurantwhole experienceattentive stafffantastic stayrelaxing break
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed at the Vineyard with friends and it lived up to it's reputation. The rooms, the food and the staff were all excellent and it was a first class hotel in all respects. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Marwan H, General Manager at The Vineyard Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thanks for such a lovely review about your recent stay with us. I'm so pleased you had a fantastic stay and I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We just stayed for a wedding... From the second we checked in to the moment we checked out, the staff could not have been more friendly, more attentive or helpful if they had tried. Special thanks to the general manger for checking on us in a professional but non intrusive way and for making sure the whole event ran to perfection. All the staff must have been constantly working hard with very little sleep! but we would never have guessed, they were ALWAYS smiling, polite, friendly and highly professional. The wedding coordinator was so kind and genuine and helped to keep everyone calm, the staff at the gorgeous spa were also very helpful. We never felt like just another number, we felt as though this was the first and last wedding they would ever do and as if they would do everything in their human power to make it a huge success! The sommelier was so knowledgable with a good sense of humour! I could go on! As for our general stay, rooms, food and service were outstanding, don't ever stop and doubt staying here or attending a wedding or holding your wedding at the vineyard. They only know the best and anything else is just not good enough! Thank you again to you all x

Room Tip: Beautiful spacious and comfy, you won't be disappointed with any room here.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Marwan H, General Manager at The Vineyard Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review, and for your very kind words about our staff and the service you received. Everyone who attended the wedding was so lovely, and the staff really enjoyed being a part of it. I’m so pleased we made your stay so memorable and we look forward to welcoming back soon in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Went for a family lunch and enjoyed the 4 courses for £40 option. Everything was absolutely wonderful with some lovely food and wine. Kids menu was a great change from the normal nuggets and ice cream standard fare. Adults celebrated the "value" by adding some very good wines for semi-reasonable prices. Only tiny gripe was that it took the team a bit of time to get us some drinks - both outside before lunch and then at the table.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for reviewing your recent lunch experience. It's great to hear that the whole family enjoyed the lunch and you were pleased with the kids menu choices. Apologies for the wait on the drinks though, you shouldn't have had to wait so long.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Visited The Vineyard for a spa day and would highly recommend. Fantastic service, gorgeous facilities and flexible staff combined with a cream tea to die for!

Would definitely visit again and hope to soon!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

We're so pleased you had a wonderful experience at our spa recently. Thanks so much for your lovely comments about the service you received and our facilities and staff.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed for one night as a birthday treat from my wife. This hotel has been on the list for a while so was looking forward to it.
Upon arrival our room was ready early and a quick check-in. The room itself was spacious and open with a comfortable lounge area. The bed was comfrotable and large. Very pleased with the room.
Went for some lunch and the menu is limited to say the least, ok if you want a variation of salads but a simple set of sarnies for people who have travelled would be welcome. That said a sandwich was made up for me under request so appreciated the effort, although I was charged 12 quid for it!
My wife had a massage and said it was good so she came back relaxed.
The highlight of the stay was dinner. The wine menu was extensive and an enjoyable read. We opted for the 4 course menu and each course was very nice indeed, loved the duck! Set in comfortable surroundings and relaxing piano playing in the background (nice guy too) we had a very very nice evening. Service was also excellent.
Breakfast was nice, good quality food, cooked breakfast made to order and tasty. It was a shame we had to ask 3 times and wait 35 mins for a coffee, but maybe I'm being a little too fussy with that comment!?
Also couldn't seem to get connected to the WiFi but I didn't enquire as 3G reception was decent enough.
For birthdays my wife and I generally treat each other to nights away in nice hotels and having recently stayed at Chewton Glen (New Forest), Pennyhill Park (Surrey), Southlodge (Sussex), Calcott Manor (Cotswolds), The Scarlet (Cornwall) those hotels all score 5/5 exceeding expectations and include dinner for a very similar price. Over all, the hotel is nice and we had an enjoyable stay but I think the hotel is expensive for what you get, there's no wow factor. Include dinner in the price and maybe I'd go back....

Room Tip: Only 38 rooms so I don't think you can go wrong
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. It’s always great to receive lovely comments about our food and wine offering, and our rooms. I’m pleased your wife enjoyed her spa treatment and you were happy with breakfast.

I look forward to welcoming you back if you decide to visit us again in the future.