“Our stay July 2014”

and 1 more site!
Green View Home Stay
Ranked #1 of 2 Mawanella B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Sakula was our first and only true host in Sri Lanka. We spent at Green View alltogether 4 days - 3 days at the beginning and 1 day at the end of Sri Lankan trip - and we must say we enjoyed every second we stayed in. It is wonderful place where you can either simply relax at the verandah or take some trips in the surrounding area - it has a lot to offer. All the time Sakula and his parents were very nice, attentive and helpful - you will feel really comfy during your whole stay, because these amazing people take care about you every second of your stay. We were always given some fruits or tea with biscuits and Sakula's parents were not afraid of chatting with us or going for a walk. We also appreciated all the tasty and nutritious breakfasts. We can highly recommend Sakula´s appartement to everyone, especially to the people who want to get to know the real beauty of Sri Lanka, a peaceful place without tourists and other disturbing things.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Matěj M

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We have stayed here for two nights. Its really hospitable cozy place with two big light rooms, clear bathroom, good wi-fi and tasty local food. Around the house is huge beautiful garden. Especially I want notice hosts of this amazing homestay - they will be happy to see you every time even if you come at early morning or later evening. Also they can pick you from airport for reasonable price.
Close to house are situated Elephant Orphanage, Kandy, Nuvara Eliya and others tourist attractions. I would recommend this place for everyone.

3  Thank DanyaSht
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Green view home stay is for sure more than just accommodation as I never felt alone though I travelled alone. This is the best place I stayed during my holiday in Sri Lanka. I received a very warm welcome and hospitality during my stay there .Room is very nice, large, clean and with good internet connection. Hosts were very nice and they offered me nice tea, tasty typical Sri Lankan food and even cooking lessons at their home kitchen. They have nice large garden with many flowers, fruits and birds. I was lucky enough to taste many fresh fruits such as king coconut,mango,papya and many more fruits from their garden. Ideal place to relax and spend few days.
They arranged me airport pick up and local tours for reasonable cost and always guided me with correct information about Sri Lanka and was very helpful in many ways. This place is close to elephant orphanage. I have visited some nice waterfall, old temples, tea factory and Kandy too.
I had a wonderful time there and wish to visit this place again. I highly recommended this place to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Noriko O
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Have spent two nights there with my wife. There is a big garden around the place. Spacious room and nice breakfast. Sakula and his family are great - they provided a lot of very useful help. In addition to it Sakula is one of the best English speakers in Sri Lanka which helps a lot.

Room Tip: Only one number there
1  Thank Alexey S
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was more than just a homestay experience. Sakula and his Mum & Dad welcomed me in to their family. I was sad to leave after 4 days of relaxation, amazing food and a number of adventures in the surrounding area. Sakula was a fantastic host. He came to collect me from the airport and insisted on driving me safely on to my next destination even though it was 2 hours away! The house is beautiful. You have a whole area of the house, 2 bedrooms, a bathroom, a private dining room. There is also a verandah area which is perfect for day-dreaming and reading in the shade. It overlooks the garden which is full of flowers, fruits, birds and animals.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank muddy_rose
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is wonderful home stay, close to Kandy. From Bandaranaike International Airport around 2 hours by car. Owners of this home stay was very hospitable. When we came it was around 5 in the morning, but they already woke up and waiting for us. They gave us fruits from theirs garden. The room is clean, very tasty homemade food, hot water, good wifi, large veranda, where you can sit and drink tea. Value for money. They son Sakula met us in the airport and brought us to home stay. Sakula can arrange airport pick up and provide car with driver and can go with you, show beautiful places. He followed us to Elephant Orphanage, Nuvara Eliya, Kandy, Dambulla, Sigiriya and dropped off us in Trincomalee. He can help with everything, just tell him. I would recommend this place for everyone

1  Thank baixue89
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The bedroom was very nice and comfortable with adequate facilities. What was great was the morning coffee provided by the landlady who never forgot that we loved coffee and also prepared Sri Lankan delicacies for us to eat. Their hospitality was second to none whereby their care and well wishes were superb.

We would surely recommend anyone who goes to Mawanella to try this homestay as it is also quite nearby Kandy.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mawanella
Hotel Elephant Bay
0 mi away
Hills Seen Hotel
Hills Seen Hotel
#2 of 5 in Mawanella

Been to Green View Home Stay? Share your experiences!