“Great food again”

Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

Our third visit to this fantastic place, came with my parents this time, we all enjoyed the home made steak pie, wow what a dish, beautiful lean steak, wrapped in lovely pastry.
The staff are attentive, friendly & there’s a real air of professionalism, you can tell they care.
I don’t understand the negative reviews, if you’ve had a bad meal, say so before you leave, instead of hiding behind a computer screen to vent criticism.....

1  Thank darrensV200XK

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

I’m a type of person that loves food! But the pizza was very flimsy it fell apart and went all over me! But it’s a nice romantic place to eat!

Reviewed 5 October 2018

Great meal, attentive staff, wonderful decor. We will be back.
Could not fault the place. Good priced lunch menu we intend to try next week....

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Absolutely Fantastic food, drinks and service. We have been multiple times and never had a bad word to say.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

After a long day trawling car dealerships it was too late to cook so a quick check on Trip Advisor helped us find this gem of a place.
The menu is extensive and the ingredients are great quality. Everything is cooked to perfection and the staff are lovely too.
So why didn't I give them an "excellent" score? Well, my plate had a crack through the centre. I thought it was a cutlery mark to start with, I could see a discoloured line even when the food was served but once my plate was empty it became more obvious it was a crack. My husbands plate didn't sit flat on the table. We checked it wasn't an imperfection in the table. Trying to cut steak when the plate is trying to spin around threatening to wipe out our drinks and the vegetable dish wasn't easy. We did let the waitress know and she apologised but the fact my food was served on a plate with a very visible defect makes me feel the other plate will have just gone through the wash and be back in service ready to catch another diner unawares.
This would certainly not stop us from returning if we were in the area. The food was absolutely delicious

Date of visit: September 2018