“Make more scones!”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Make more scones!”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The cafe's scones were praised to the heights but when we arrive they had run out. Plentyof passing trade from locals and visitors and nice to listen to the gossip

Visited January 2014

Waiheke Island, New Zealand
“Disappointing - even after a 2nd chance to redeem themselves”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

two visits recently with visitors to the island both disappointing. This place used to be fantastic you could always rely on it but since it changed owners it had gone downhill. 1st visit with a friend my chips were delivered almost before I sat down they were old and cold leading me to believe they were ordered by someone else a while before. My friend ordered a smoothie and after about 20 mins we had to ask where it was. Apparently the order slip had fallen off the clip!
2nd visit a week later I ordered tea and some toast. Toast wasn't on the menu but they said they could do it. More than half an hour later we left with my bread on a paper bag and I toasted it myself when I got home. Hopeless service on both occasions I'll visit the 4th avenue cafe on my next visit to onetangi instead

• Visited March 2014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Really great staff, friendly and helpful”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We just stopped in after dinner somewhere else to have a dessert and a cocktail. The staff were really lovely and happy to make us drinks that weren't on the menu.

Visited March 2014
Essex, United Kingdom
“Cheerful, informal, Kiwi - what's not to like”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We were staying nearby so we had brunch and dinner on two separate days. The place hums, with cheerful staff who manage to make it all feel easy. Food is classic Kiwi - well prepared and tasty. Wine list has a good span, at reasonable prices. Outdoor seating is available, we didn't feel we had to book, there's lots of room at most times. Good coffee too. And the beach is right there in front.

Visited November 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Best spot for brunch/lunch on the island”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I'm a Waiheke local and every weekend you will find my partner and I enjoying a late brunch at Charlie Farley's.

The location cannot be beaten, the service is friendly and quick, the portions are reasonably priced and large - definitely no tourist prices here!

We really appreciate the laid-back vibe here also. Kids and dogs are always most welcome and we love how no matter what day of the week or time of the day it is - there's always someone having a beer at Charlie's!

• Visited March 2014