“Amazing!”

Ranked #4 of 8 Restaurants in Onetangi
Price range: US$18 - US$23
Cuisines: Contemporary, Cafe, New Zealand
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: High on a hill, framed by lush native bush, Peacock Sky offers fine wines and bubbles in a degustation style tasting with food pairings, casual gourmet dining in Le Cote de la Colline restaurant, picnic baskets and a nature trail. Open Spring/Autumn Thurs-Sun 11 am until late afternoon, 7 days in Summer 12 pm - late afternoon, call for Winter hours. Reservations recommended! Call for information regarding hosting your private party, wedding, business meeting or corporate retreat.
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I took a friend for her 30th and it was amazing... huge pours for the tasting, an amazing host and loved the pairing of the food. Going back for my birthday!

Reviewed 18 October 2011

A group of 15 of us went here last weekend for their summer Spring Fling concert series. The owners Connie and Rob introduced themselves to all of us and made sure we were looked after. It was a really busy afternoon but we didn't feel forgotten in any way at all. The wine is fantastic, we found out that they had recently just won a couple of medals for their chardonnay and their red. Well worth tasting. There is also a 2 bedroom cottage on site which was booked but we had a wee look and it's really nice and private. I can't see how that other reviewer had a bad experience as the Rob and Connie and the staff are all faultless as can be seen by the other favorable reviews for them. I would absolutely recommend you go here and bring your visitors from overseas. It is well worth going to and you actually feel like a VIP as it's not as big as the other vineyards so you get personal service. My whole group ordered platters, we probably had about 8 between us, all different kinds and they're very generous sizes with excellent food. I will come back again and book the cottage.

Reviewed 8 October 2011

Have to say from the moment I walked into peacock Sky, not a great experience in fact I walked out, and very uncomfortable.

My first question I was asked ( must say I may have caught the women unawares as bang on 11am ) and very rudely "how did you get here" not hello welcome, I said umm by car..not welcome, what canI get you, or even hello....I asked if they do coffee or what was on offer the argograntly answered was we do tasting and platters. Not coffees, thats cool, don't need to be told rudely... I said Ok, however got worse, and decided it was a not a good time as I was told there was important guests arriving from Scotland and she was busy., and that peacock had the best tastings. I laughed, shook my head and thought wow ...the rest of Waiheki was awesome and fabulous service will have lunch elsewhere.

May have struck the place at the wrong time, or the lady when she was very busy getting ready for accomodation guests...;-}

1  Thank Loulou0833
robmeredith, Owner at Peacock Sky Vineyard, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2011

I apologise if this response sounds defensive, but we work very hard to give our customers a great experience, as you can see if you read through all our other reviews. This customer didn't experience any of our now famous service, and said a few things that are quite misleading. For example, to suggest that only people staying at our accommodation get good service is patently ridiculous - 99.9999% of our customers don't stay with us. Also the innocent question "how did you get here" is something we ask all of our guests so we can get an idea of the source of our visitors and manage timings. If you're coming off Fullers Hopper Bus Service we'll make sure we pace our service so you can get the next one if you desire; just trying to help. Nobody has ever thought it was rude or sinister before!

Naturally we're always very disappointed when we can't meet a customer's needs, but in this case it was an impossible task. After we apologized once for not having coffee available at the time (we don't have an espresso machine), and again for not having olives available for sampling (we do, however, have olive oil available for sampling), we were told that "you just don't have what I want". Well we're really sorry, but if a range of award winning wines and a broad selection of delicious gourmet lunch platters is not what you expect to find at a Vineyard Tasting Room and Cellar Door operation, then that presents us with quite a customer service challenge. We also have light beer, fruit juice, water - but just not the things this customer asked for.

Reviewed 6 October 2011

We spent an afternoon and evening eating and drinking at this winery which has a 360 degree view of Waiheke's surrounds and out towards Auckland city. We were in time for the 2011 Chardonnay which was stunning. Chardonnay is not normally my favorite but the smooth buttery texture & flavor were a winner! The Cellar Door offers not only several varieties of wine (tasting are paired with different types of food for each wine), but other local produce prepared by Owner/Chef Connie Festa, including Limoncello and preserved olives. I was impressed by the Vineyard's commitment to draw on local produce, people and production to bring its Wines & Food to the table - a rarity in today's globalised world.

I highly recommend a visit to anyone who enjoys the good things in life!

Thank you so much for your kind words - we're thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with us!

Reviewed 25 February 2011

As part of our day with Around Waiheke Tours, we stopped at the Peacock Sky Vineyard for a wine tasting. It was extremely well done. The difference is that they do pairings – you get to taste carefully selected foods along with the wines - what a difference that makes. The owners took the time to show us how different foods enhance certain flavors and notes in the wines. And they also taught us some great tasting techniques. The wines themselves were excellent and the hosts were gracious and truly interested in helping us to develop an appreciation for wine and wine tasting. They also have a nice little shop of wine related items. We absolutely loved this experience.

1  Thank succeed_2

Thanks very much for posting your review, we're very happy that you enjoyed your time with us!