“Good..... But not if you are scared of wasps.”

Lincolnshire Wildlife Park
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Friskney
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Visitor Attraction of the Year 2017. A truly wonderful attraction that is quickly becoming the pride of Lincolnshire, situated just 15 minutes from Skegness. Set in over 20 acres of wonderfully planted gardens the animal park is a registered charity that is home to a vast array of animals, housing one of the largest collections of Parrots in the World and is the UKs largest group of Tigers. A Great Day out for all of the Family
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Came to Lincolnshire to holiday with family and members were adamant we should go here.

The zoo itself is well signed from the A52 which was our way in and I was surprised by the zoo itself. Parking was a struggle as the venue was at capacity, as was the queuing to pay to get in which was in the shop along with the shop an restaurant payment at the same tills; which made to an annoying chore upon our immediate arrival. We had a voucher which made entrance cheaper.

The parrots were great, ensure you buy lots of nuts so you can feed them. Some talk which was also great an done bite which was hilarious to see the victims.

We all enjoyed the visit except for one thing - WASPS - everywhere!! It didn't bother me but it did others as I've never seen so many especially in the walk through aviary. If you are allergic come prepared.

I wouldn't plan this as an entire day as it doesn't last long enough but done in conjunction with something else makes for a great day. Well worth a visit.

3  Thank Isen-traveller

Reviewed 29 July 2011

Passed a sign to this attraction on way to friend's house, called in on way home and was pleasantly surprised at how large a collection of parrots here. Great to be able to buy monkey nuts etc to feed them. The cockatoos and African greys were absolutely brilliant, calls of "hello and hello Charlie" coming from all directions, all eager to catch your eye and get a nut. If you are a bird lover you cannot fail to have a great time. The care given by the keepers is wonderful, we witnessed an eagle-eyed keeper notice a slight injury to a bird and the gentleness in capturing and examining it was remarkable. All kept in clean, large aviaries, wish all bird parks were like this one.

3  Thank Breezy23Egham_Surrey
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Despite rain, spent an enjoyable day at the Parrot Zoo at Friskney, Lincs. Well worth the money, staff helpful, lots to see. Great that this zoo provides a safe place for parrots that owners no longer want and also cares for those that are sick and injured. Was pleased also to find that there were also lemurs and meercats. Great place - top score! ps Sandwiches were good too.

3  Thank Blossomcat41
Reviewed 23 April 2011

My husband and I are both big bird lovers.

We went to the Parrot Zoo the weekend after we lost one of our own much loved birds, this was to help us grieve, and was just what we needed. This was our first visit, but definitely wont be our last.

The zoo is well laid out, and we spent four hours in total talking to the various birds who were more than happy to chatter away with you, especially when they saw the nuts on offer! A number of the birds were also happy to accept head rubs (at your own risk) - having birds at home we have had bites before, so are use to these at times, but didn't actually get nipped at all when there.

We bought two bags of nuts originally and ended up going back for more. There are lots of African Greys and Timneh Greys in the Zoo, as well as Cockertoos, Galahs, and some smaller conures,

The best bit for us was the walk through aviary. We have been in walk through aivarys before in America and thought they were good, but this one was hard to beat - as soon as I was through the door, even without me offering food I had a Green Cheeked Conure hop on my shoulder, whilst my husband had the company of two Indian Ring Necks one on either shoulder.

If you like your birds I would strongly recommend a visit, but ensure you wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty and perhaps destroyed (my hubby had a press stood stolen from his jacket and we believe he isn't the first!), expect to get monkey nut shell in your hair, prepare for the noise, and enjoy the experience!

Having been to the zoo I have to say, if ever we had to give up our birds I would not hesitate in handing them over to the Parrot Zoo, as it is obvious just how well kept and cared for the birds here are.

3  Thank beckie s
Reviewed 13 March 2011

LOCATION

The Parrot Zoo is located in the small picturesque village of Friskney in LIncolnshire. And can be reached easily by car from Skegness and Boston and other surrounding villages. For further details on location and how to get to the Parrot Zoo I would recommend you take a look at the Zoo's own website.

'ATTRACTIONS'

The Zoo is home to something like 2,000 individual parrots from all over the world, but in addition to the parrots there are turtles, meercats and other varieties of small monkeys.

The majority of the parrots are housed in large spacious averies with one avery that you can actually walk through inside and the parrots may come down and sit on your shoulders.

You walk around the Zoo on a concrete walkway so no problems for wheelchair users or indeed mobility scooter users. The Zoo appears to be undergoing some upgrading and refurbishment with new areas set aside for flora ad fauna I am assuming. The Zoo is well landscaped and very pleasant to walk arond if somewhat noisy from the parrots themselves.

There is a small childrens play area which appears to be safe as there is soft material on the gound but you are asked to supervise your of spring in this area.

There is a cafe with a small gift shop and you can take a break here for refreshments if purchased in the cafe.
You are more than welcome to bring your own food and there is a pleasant picnic area just outside the cafe.

There are a few parrots that are kept outside of cages and if you feed them some nuts they will come and sit on your arm or shoulder.

Be warned though that although the parrots are on the whole friendly, they may still bite and there are signs situated all around the zoo warning of this.

I would plan your visit to stay for around 2-3 hours although on a very warm and pleasant day you may find that you could extend that to 4 hours. There is no time limit on your visit and you are more thn welcome to walk arounmd the zoo as many times as you want to.

Small bags of nuts can be purchased at the cafe and you can feed the parrots with these, but please observe the signs where you are asked not to feed the animals.

All in all, well worth a visit for young and old alike.

3  Thank Gazza1960