“Near Paradise”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Kentish
Eagles Nest Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 West Kentish B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 June 2013

What can I say? We have stayed at Eagles Nest now 4 times (Eagles Nest 1 twice and Eagles Nest II twice) and we will certainly be back. The first time was our wedding night and we have been back every year since.
The last time we stayed there I was still blown away. Despite being there many times before, the view of Mt Roland and the amazing building which is all yours with complete privacy still leaves me very impressed. Des and the crew do an excellent job with genuine Tasmanian hospitality without all the pomp and ceremony but with facilities and architecture I have never experienced before in Tasmania. The attention to detail in interior design and facilities is incredible.
Mt Roland which easily fills the enormous windows is Tasmania's most beautiful mountain, hands down and the last time my wife and I stayed there we weren't alone. We brought our new son, baby Roland, "Inspired" by the view. What all the fuss about Cradle Mountain is I do not understand. This is one of the most beautiful places in Tasmania.
Next time we plan on taking a group of people. The place easily caters for many and we sometimes feel a bit guilty having the place to ourselves. But we soon get over it, sitting in one of the many spas and sipping champagne.
Once when we stayed in Eagles Nest I we read the guest book. They spoke about "all the spas". We had found 2 spas but didn't think someone would refer to 2 spas as "all the spas". Surely this meant more than 2. Sure enough after we searched a little harder outside we found the best one yet!
Eagles Nest is for anyone who is interested in pure indulgence in some of the best accommodation to be found in Tasmania. Des even let us have a sneak peak at the new Eagles Nest III. Another great spot with a telescope! Probably best for a couple or 2 families.
All we need to do now is find another reason to go back.

Room Tip: We liked the African Wing, but be prepared to be woken early by the sun in the summer months
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Our first visit to gorgeous Tasmania and we found the most amazing, breathtaking, magical, wow, wow, wow accommodation that we have ever had the pleasure to stay in at Eagles Nest II. What a majestic treasure of a home this is. You cannot prepare for the all encompassing, jaw dropping views, coupled with the open spaces and truly luxurious furnishings surrounding you at every turn inside. Staying at Eagles Nest II was the absolute best experience that we have ever had on holiday together and we cannot wait to return. Lovely Des, thank you to you and your family for your vision as this property is truly an amazing treat for all who have the opportunity to stay. We're still saying 'WOW'!!! Nat and Simon

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We have stayed at Eagles Nest I (once) and Nest II (three times) - we obviously love the place. It's as though we haven't finished our Tassie holidays until we've been there. The views are (as always) to die for. We have had Ben cook for us twice, both times just fantastic. We will continue to visit because it's the perfect luxury end to a holiday. Thanks to Des and Shelley for such a great experience!

Room Tip: The African room is our favourite, but choose the Asian room if you don't like the sunrise!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Started our trip in Tassie with "off road camping" on the itinerary..However,my husband and friends had secretly booked "Eagle Nest 1 for 2 nights to celebrate my 70th birthday.The house left me speechless for a few moments as I took in the magnificent views surrounding it..The ambience inside was so relaxing.An extra surprise was Cynthia,a chef from local restaurant arrived and cooked and served a delicious meal.Des was a gem and as another surprise, he had generously given an extra night..Thank you Des,I'll never forget your generosity..
Stunning,spectacular !!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Being a mere Male, I was bluntly reminded that I had missed our wedding anniversary - I won't mention how many years as it is embarrassing enough.
Licking my wounds and lamenting my absent mindedness, I sought advice from a learned friend living in Launceston. I was quickly pointed in the direction of Des' magnificent retreat in West Kentish - Eagles Nest.
Being a long way from my family home on the Sunshine Coast, I was not deterred. Des understood my plight and assured my he could help put a smile on my aggrieved wife's face.
What proceeded was an incredible weekend.
We enjoyed the peace and comfort of a 5 star retreat, hopping from one hot tub to the other (favouring the outdoor hot tub)- nearly getting caught in mid streak by the visiting masseuse and being specially catered for by Nick the Italian Chef.
We capped off our amazing weekend with a scenic helicopter flight from the retreat via our startled friends in Mole Creek and back to Launceston.
I can highly recommend Eagles Nest Retreat for magnificent views, peaceful surrounds and extreme pampering - and yes, I am no longer in the poo....

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We stayed in Nest 2 for two nights. There were two couple and 2 infants. The retreat had everything that we could possibly want, and the only time we left was to wander around the property, feed the ducks and watch the platypus.

The views are spectacular from every angle. The spa's are fantastic, and the outdoor spa and fire was amazing.

So much attention to every detail has been put into this property. Just to laze around and unwind with the open fire burning, enjoy the collected art from around the world, admire the view, work your way through the library. I cannot recommend this property high enough.

The kitchen has everything that you could ever require. In fact, it is better equipped than our kitchen at home. It allows you to cook and entertain in relaxing style.

If you get the opportunity, make sure you experience this hidden gem!

PS: No matter the weather... make sure you light the outdoor fire and experience the outdoor spa at night with a big glass of local wine! You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing! Its probably hard to chose which you want, but you can't go wrong with an...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Highly recommended spot! This is place is so secluded and special. You are in nature, just you (and whoever is with you), with beautiful facilities, amazing little eats and breakfasts! It's just all stunning! Des is the most lovely man who was helpful and adjusted our breakfast to suit us! Very friendly! Thank you to the team at Eagles Nest for the perfect stay! P.s. outdoor spa, under the stars, just topped it off! Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Acacia Bed and Breakfast
Acacia Bed and Breakfast
#2 of 5 in Sheffield
Cradle Mountain Highlanders Cottages
Cradle Mountain Highlanders Cott...
#1 of 6 in Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park

Been to Eagles Nest Retreat? Share your experiences!