“Nest II - Beautiful Home, Beautiful Setting”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Kentish
Eagles Nest Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 West Kentish B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed in Nest II for 3 nights with my partner for our anniversary. We booked the package with a chef that cooks for you one night. The house was amazing. Fabulous setting and views. It was such a treat. However, there were some issues and why I'm only giving it 4 stars;

- Check in is at 2pm. We arrived at 2.10pm, and the cleaner (who is absolutely wonderful and friendly) was still there. She was there for another 45mins. Bit of a bummer as we were wanting a secluded retreat.
- The outside spa did not work. To be absolutely fair we called the owner, who offered to come around and fix it, but we declined (as we wanted the time to ourselves).
- The chef didn't turn up, as they hadn't been booked by the owners. Pretty disappointing.

Having said all that, we still had a blast, and it was very relaxing. I would not hesitate to recommend it to others.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarey86

Reviewed 2 July 2014

What a fabulous way to catch up with old friends - at Eagles Nest 2. Having stayed at Eagles Nest 3 when it first opened, we decided to try Eagles Nest 2. Friends had come over from Victoria for a holiday and I suggested we spend one night here - they were speechless. Without doubt one of the best luxury places to stay in Tasmania, if not Australia, and well worth every cent. Our dream chef (Nick) again delighted with superb food. You just run out of words to describe accurately the experience of staying here - it should be on everyone's "to do" list. You cannot fault a thing, and the staff are fabulous. A stunning location, superb accommodation, what more could you ask for?

Room Tip: Every Eagles Nest is lovely.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We had such a brilliant stay at the Eagles Nest 111. It is a magnificently appointed "cabin" with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, separate large laundry and large open living and kitchen area. There is an intriguing sunken onsen styled japanese dining table, and a well equipped farmhouse kitchen. The first night we stayed with good friends, a riotous evening with good food, good wine, good fire, good company, the second night as a couple. We made excellent use of the kitchen, the herb and vegie gardens, and the henhouse, which conveniently, and most entertainingly, provided us with breakfast eggs each morning. Huge, amazing eggs! I conversed with the chickens, and felt myself move to slightly different plane..hmmm.. bok.. The scenery is idyllic, lakeside, and at the foot of mystic Mt Roland. At night, we enjoyed a bath in a former milk vat, sudsing and splashing in the darkness to the soundtrack of moos and quacks past their bed time. Amazingly comfortable beds, supreme warmth despite the clime, and a charming host with grand ideas for the future. A brilliant stay indeed!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Magnificent accommodation in a magnificent location with a most magnificent Mt Roland as the backdrop. Nest III was simply stunning and we had a beautiful long weekend staying here. Des is a delightful and passionate host and has created such a unique place to stay in a lovely part of Tasmania. Loved our inhouse meal by Cynthia, the stars, the chooks and fresh eggs, the ever changing colours on Mt Roland, and the fresh Tasi air. Will definitely be back for more!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah C
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Absoloutely stunning! Where do I start. Me and my husband stayed two wonderful nights in March for our first wedding anniversary. First night in Nest 111 and second night in Nest 11. As soon as you arrive Des makes you feel so welcome. The views are stunning and simply breathtaking and Mount Roland is right at your door step. The winner for me (and the highlight of my stay) was the restored milk vat. Very clever idea! This is where I spent the afternoon simply relaxing in a warm bath, taking in that beautiful view of the mountain, with just the trees and nature sorrounding me. I found this to be so peaceful and relaxing and this is what makes this place so special. It was very sad to leave Nest 111 as we felt it would take something special to top it! WOW WOW WOW! Nest 11 is utterly stunning and breathtaking. I was totally gobsmacked. The attention to detail is amazing. The artefacts are something special in this Nest. The Asian wing and African wing are truly AMAZING!! The African wing was a winner for me.The open fire relaxing in a warm bath total heaven!! The views are incredible from this wing. Waking up looking at the stars and the mountain simply magical! Chef Cynthia cooked us a wonderful meal. I highly reccomend adding this to your stay. I found Nest 11 to be tranquil, calming and very peaceful. A very romantic and unique place to stay. I highly reccomend Eagles Nest Retreat if you want to shut off from the outside world for a couple of days with total relaxation. I commend Des and his family for building such a special, unique place to stay. A lot of love has gone into each nest and you should be very proud. Thankyou for allowing us to experience this piece of paradise. I look foward to the next time I come back to stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christy M
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Without a doubt Eagles Nest 1 is the best accommodation we have ever stayed in. Des has thought of everything to ensure a luxurious, relaxing stay. The views are incredible. I didn't get much sleep as I loved looking at the stars through the window in the bedroom ceiling and then to see the stunning sunrise whilst lying in bed, and the ever changing face of Mt Roland through floor to ceiling windows. Even though it was a cool evening Des insisted we try the outdoor spa. I am so glad he did, it was a wonderful experience to bathe under the stars with a glass of wine. There is also an indoor jacuzzi and the rotating sofa is perfect for sitting in front of the wood heater or just admiring the views. We look forward to experiencing Nests 2 and 3 in the future.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue C
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Wow! Truely an amazing place to stay and loose your sense of reality! My husband and I stayed in Nest 1 for 3 nights.

When we arrived in the pouring rain (after taking the wrong road and getting new directions from Google map's) guests to another nest had made the same error as us. A quick call to Des and they were on their way and we were greeted by a "Grand Designs" style house! Des gave us a quick tour and was more than happy to contact Cynthia to arrange for her to come and cook us a dinner the next night. As the nests are close drive to Sheffield we were able to get dinner our first and last nights. Cynthia prepared an amazing dinner which we were able to enjoy in lounging clothes! Most of the ingredients used are from her backyard and prepped at the cafe she works at in Sheffield.

The nest is one that you constantly feel the need to pinch yourself to make sure you aren't dreaming! The views of rolling fields and Mt Roland are constantly changing and definately one for those who love their photography! Take a tripod (as we forgot ours) for the amazing night scenes.

Spas are great and relaxing with all offering amazing views. Did not get the chance to test the outdoor spa as temps did not exceed 15oC.

Definitely taking fond memories away from our stay and we will be back to enjoy the space and tranquility again!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Acacia Bed and Breakfast
Acacia Bed and Breakfast
#1 of 5 in Sheffield
Cradle Mountain Highlanders Cottages
Cradle Mountain Highlanders Cott...
#1 of 6 in Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park

Been to Eagles Nest Retreat? Share your experiences!