Stayed in Nest II for 3 nights with my partner for our anniversary. We booked the package with a chef that cooks for you one night. The house was amazing. Fabulous setting and views. It was such a treat. However, there were some issues and why I'm only giving it 4 stars;
- Check in is at 2pm. We arrived at 2.10pm, and the cleaner (who is absolutely wonderful and friendly) was still there. She was there for another 45mins. Bit of a bummer as we were wanting a secluded retreat.
- The outside spa did not work. To be absolutely fair we called the owner, who offered to come around and fix it, but we declined (as we wanted the time to ourselves).
- The chef didn't turn up, as they hadn't been booked by the owners. Pretty disappointing.
Having said all that, we still had a blast, and it was very relaxing. I would not hesitate to recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a luxury getaway in Tasmania, Australia, for a special occasion, honeymoon, or simply to escape the hectic pace of the city. You'll enjoy spa experiences, stunning views, exquisitely appointed accommodation and the ultimate experience. Eagles Nest Retreat has 3 unique properties, Nest I, Nest II or Nest III, which are all close to Cradle Mountain and exclusively yours to enjoy alone, with your special someone or with a group of friends and family. ... more less