Ponta Mamoli lives up to expectations, it is as beautiful as the White Pearl Resorts indicates. The food is also excellent, as is the service from Paulo, our waiter for 3 days. The management team (Jeremy and Joanne) are committed and nice people, do a great job without being over-bearing, they know that people come here for privacy and relaxation.
The spa is housed in a converted guest bedroom, this can be improved. They are building a fitness centre. As far as leisure is concerned, there is really no reef for snorkeling or anything to see in the water, rather go for a walk on the lovely beach.
They should consider having Nespresso machines in the bedrooms, as one is quite far from the restaurant, and it is not practical to order an espresso the bedroom.
At Ponta Momoli, they use the best peri-peri we have ever tasted. Wine prices have also improved since earlier reviews.
The only thing one has to warn people about, is the incredibly bad road from Kosi Bay to Ponta Mamoli, it is a horrible sandy road, and it takes an hour from Kosi Bay, very bad signage as well. We have never seen anything like this, fortunately were in our 4X4. Unless you know what you are doing, arrange to be collected at the border or air-strip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- White Pearl Resorts, Ponta Mamoli, offers the ultimate in barefoot luxury in Africa. Experience elegant simplicity at this exclusive beach resort set in the dunes of the untouched shores of southern Mozambique. On a magnificent stretch of coastline, tucked behind casuarinas trees, White Pearl Resorts, Ponta Mamoli promises to earn the reputation for being the jewel of the Indian Ocean. Stay in one of 16 exquisite private pool suites. All suites are ocean-facing with a private plunge pool, covered deck and outdoor shower. Inside you will find a living area, personal bar, stylish bedroom with king-size bed and luxurious en-suite bathroom. All suites are equipped with air conditioning and an iPod docking station. A room with a view! Stay in one of 6 exquisite private beach pool suites. These units are located on the beachfront with direct access to the beach. All suites are ocean-facing with a spectacular view, private plunge pool, covered deck and outdoor shower. Inside you will find a living area, personal bar, stylish bedroom with king-size bed and luxurious en-suite bathroom. All suites are equipped with air conditioning and an iPod docking station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your White Pearl Resorts, Ponta Mamoli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Pearl Resorts, Ponta Mamoli Hotel Zitundo
- White Pearl Resorts, Ponta Mamoli Mozambique/Zitundo