Spent two nights with my mother in May.
Travelled on 4 hour tuc tuc trip from Passekudah.
This was a perfect end of our journey as I had wanted my mother to experience the quietness of NOrtheast Sri lanka and its most secluded beaches.
We found at this place an amazing beach. The little PIgeon Islands are right in front, about 1 mile away. It's a nice sight!
We were met by the very nice and attentive Dayan. He kept his good service and attentiveness throughout our stay.
Also we met Stef along the way, he was also veeeery attentive as we were trying to book flights, trains, checking buses timetables.
Manager Patrick was extremely corteous and efficient in providing us with a better room, after we found small issues with the room facilities. I simply directed myself to speak with the manager (Patrick) in order to address these small issues, and immediately Patrick provided us with different alternatives in order to make us happy and to make our stay in the hotel the best possible. We were very well impressed with his attitude and very happy with his offer for alternatives.
Mother had her birthday on the second day, the whole staff ensured her day was celebrated in a very nice way, a bday cake (very yummy) was provided and they made sure I made her a nice surprise.
The beach is amazing, you can spend the whole day relaxing, watching the sea, the water is crystal clear, with hints of grey blue... Ocean in May was very nice and quiet.
Watch fishermen collecting nets at dusk.
This is still piece of untouched Sri Lanka.
Food is very good, as it has been mentioned in past reviews. The maitre d' and the waiters deliver an impressively good service. The main chef is a very friendly gentleman. And so is the maitre d' and the remainder dining staff.
Try the tuna, definitely! So fresh, so tasty and cooked deliciously. Suggest a medium rare cooking point.
One can see the hotel management is trying to improve the hotel bit by bit, as it seems it has been purchased in recent times from previous owners. This is a positive note.
Above all, the attitude of staff is very positive and proactive, and this will greatly strengthen the hotel's success in the coming times.
First room we stayed was being renovated. Second room we later moved into was new and pleasant.
A final note to say that the people who work in this hotel are extremely hard working, they work long shifts and are still able to deliver good service and make a customer happy.
I reccomend this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pigeon Island is located north of Trincomalee, off Nilaveli, one of the finest beaches in Sri Lanka. It offers 38 rooms (A/C), including suite rooms all of which have mini bar, internet, satellite TV facilities as further entertainment. Some of its amenities include spa and fitness center for adults, and play area for children, reading corner, and a secure outdoor playground for children. Scuba Diving ,Snorkeling,Fishing, Trolling,Whale Watching, Dolphin Watching,Catamaran Yacht for daily rent out, Romantic Dinners organized by the resort on a yacht or at the Beach (through reservations) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pigeon Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pigeon Island Hotel Nilaveli
- Pigeon Island Beach Resort Sri Lanka/Nilaveli