“Laid back, cozy, friendly paradise”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Diwan
Prema Shanti Yoga & Meditation Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 Diwan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

I just led a group of students to 6 day retreat at Prema Shanti. From the moment we arrived we were all captivated by the peaceful surroundings and the cozy, laid back setting. The facilitators Mara and Janardhan are kind and gracious hosts and we instantly felt at home. The experience was perfect for our group of novices. Morning meditation with a dharma talk and evening yoga were a great intro into mindfulness. We also loved having afternoons off to explore the amazing rainforest and beaches or just relax in the hammock on the immense Prema Shanti porch. The simple and delicious meals are enjoyed outside on the upper porch and the rooms below are simple yet beautiful. As the group leader I have been to several yoga and meditation retreats and what I loved most about this place is the small scale, personal attention, the relaxed atmosphere, and the Eco consciousness of the entire place.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Andrea A

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My sister & I were looking for somewhere to get away for 2 nights to relax & catch up. We came across Prema Shanti & couldn't believe the value- accommodation, meditation, yoga plus breakfast & dinner all included! We felt so relaxed & left feeling inspired following our stay & couldn't recommend this little hidden gem enough! Yoga & meditation is great for beginners up to experienced yogis & the rainforest surrounds are incredible! We wish we had have stayed longer & plan to return soon!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Susan L
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I came up here with a girlfriend in the hope of finding some solace from a very hectic year. (August 2013) Prema Shanti Yoga Retreat offered us a beautiful place to recharge ourselves, my mind some peace and quiet, absolutely beautiful surrounds and a great base to explore what the Daintree has to offer. Upon arrival we were greeted by Janardhan who offered a tour of the retreat and our room, then gave us some time to settle in. Whilst the rooms and bathroom are simple the retreat is designed to get back to nature. The retreat is surrounded by lush rainforest and the sounds of wildlife. Thats the beauty of it.

Meals were vegetarian, relaxing and an opportunity to mix with other guests. I often sat and took in my environment and managed a lot of time for reflection. We appreciated the time in the afternoons to walk through the rainforest, walk on the beach, swim in the swimming holes and eat at some of the beachside restaurants. Any activities at the Daintree Mara and Janardham are only too happy to help you organise. We found them delightful hosts so much so when we went to Port Douglas we went to their yoga they run on the beach to say hello.

I had been looking to find somewhere that offered Yoga and Meditation and the morning Meditation and evening Yoga really suited me. With only 4 weeks annual leave a year I wanted to incorporate this into a holiday and this was perfect for that. Its not too intense so beginners would get a lot out of this or people who are looking to do some meditation and yoga but who also want to have some time to themselves. I learnt a few new techniques in the Meditation which was great to learn and now do at home.

Overall a lovely part of our holiday which I will always remember and be grateful for

Toni :-)

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Tonster71
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I had a fantastic stay at Prema Shanti in October 2013.

I've been quite ill, and got a lot out of the daily meditation and yoga regime, healthy vegetarian dinners and tropical breakfast. The food is simple but delicious and plentiful. Fruit and muesli for breakfast, curries and soups in the evening.

The meditation and yoga are both accessible for beginners- meditation starts at 7am, yoga before dinner in the evening. Both Mara and Jenarden teach, and they push you but according to your limits. There is noble silence and lights out from 9.30pm, although you can read in your room.

The property and house are gorgeous - big verandahs, couches, hammocks, lovely wooden floors and plenty of cosy places to curl up with a book. The rooms are simple but clean and comfortable.

You do need a car to get around the area, and they ask that you go out for lunch.

As a retreat, I thought it was great value and a fantastic experience. I loved my fellow guests and got a lot out of the yoga and meditation. It's a very easy place to be a solo traveller, and I loved going snorkelling on the reef and heading out for walks in the rainforest between the yoga and meditation.

I was also lucky enough to see a cassowary at the beautiful swimming hole across the road!

Would love to come back, still have Cape Tribulation dreaming.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank mirandatea
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We loved our 5 day stay here. Beautiful quiet bush retreat. Wonderful inside knowledge provided by the owners on hidden waterholes and local activities. Yoga and meditation provided was perfect but balanced by the push to get out and see the area. No late nights here, but that's not what we were after. Staying in the rainforest is a plus, given the walkable water holes. You do need a car to get o the beach, but we would recommend a car in this area for sure.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Varied and very enjoyable yoga classes for all levels, particularly those frequently practicing yoga who are ready to learn something new and push themselves a little further.
Morning and evening meditation is also wonderful in the rainforest setting. Probably ideal for a first time retreat since the afternoon is free for exploring the Daintree region. Perfect for those who want to get in touch with nature, solitude and simplicity. I really enjoyed my stay at Prema Shanti (and was even luck enough to spot three Cassowaries!).

Room Tip: Room with the hammock seems the best one!