“This Boutique Hotel has everything you could possibly want!”
Review of Roodenburg House

and 1 more site!
Roodenburg House
Ranked #1 of 20 Rondebosch B&B and Inns
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“This Boutique Hotel has everything you could possibly want!”
Reviewed 7 May 2011

Roodenberg House is very conveniently situated not far from the Cape town CBD but within easy reach of the Cape beauty spots as well.
The staff go the extra mile to make your stay as comfortable as possible--and comfort and style are keymarks of this establishment. With five double rooms (which are more like suites) it is small enough for the staff to give personal attention to everyone!The rooms are spacious and every detail has been thought through--lovely linen and towels too!
The dining and lounge area is very attractively furnished and the fresh flowers are a joy.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great so difficult to single out
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Judz80, Owner at Roodenburg House, responded to this review, 9 May 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words. We do hope you will visit again soon. warmest thanks Judy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Reviewed 29 March 2011

What a great experience, the very much friendly and helpful staff was an extra bonus, it is situated in the middle of everything, and it's easy to find it, a real 5 star accommodation and excellent service. The bedroom with a beautiful bathroom was very clean and spacious, the minute you drive into the premises, you get a very welcome feeling, you immediately now you made the wright choice. I would highly recommend this guest house, I have my own business in Port Elizabeth and I only expect the best the first time, 110% quality service, and that is what I got. DAVID AND STAFF STRIVES FOR SERVICE DELIVERY OF AN INDISPUTABLY HIGH STANDARD. Once again to David and his team a very BIG THANK YOU.

• Stayed February 2011
Judz80, Owner at Roodenburg House, responded to this review, 9 May 2011
I am delighted that the staff were able to make you so comfortable, and hope you are now fully recovered. Thank you for your review.Warmest regards Judy
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 March 2011

Wow - words can not express how highly we rate this guesthouse. We've stayed in guesthouses and hotels all over the world and I hesitate to think of one which comes close to Roodenburg House.

I got ready for my wedding here and then my new husband and I spent 3 nights there after the wedding.

The staff were so friendly and helpful and went far beyond what we expected. We got some amazing pre wedding photos! The rooms and house are tastefully decorated. We enjoyed lazying by the pool and in the lounge area.

The general feeling of Roodenburg house is a home away from home. We felt totally spoilt in every respect - from the rose petals on the bed to the personalised service.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Judz80, Owner at Roodenburg House, responded to this review, 9 May 2011
Your wedding was a very special event for us and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay at Roodenburg House. We hope it will not be too long before you visit again. Warm thanks for your review. Judy
Chatham, Canada
Reviewed 14 February 2011

I had the good fortune to stay at the Roodenburg house for 1 week while on business. The staff were totally focused on their guests and exceeded my expectations in the quality of services and rooms offered. Should I be fortunate to return again to Capetown, this is the only location that I will consider staying at. Beautiful. Superb staff.
Sandra Kearns, Ontario Canada

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Davidhncapetown, Manager at Roodenburg House, responded to this review, 14 March 2011
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 11 February 2011

We came to Rodenburg House on the 29th of December and stayed two nights only. We liked it so much we have decided to book there last night of our holidays as well.
If we knew it is such a great pace with warm, welcoming people we would have planed our trip a bit differently and would have stayed there at least for a week.
Rodenburg House is a hidden jewel with its elegant interior decoration and very professional and warm staff. People who run the place listen to guests needs and try to make everybody happy.
I am allergic to lactose and when I casually asked if they have soya milk the very afternoon soya milk was waiting for me. Also when we came back fresh packet of soya milk was there for me, even though we came for one night only. It was very kind and made me feel really at home.
Rooms are very comfortable with spacious, clean bathrooms. There is everything one may need.
We travel a lot and stay mostly in hotels but I must honestly say Rodenburg House was in many ways better than 5 stars hotel.
Although we stayed there only for two first nights of our holidays, three weeks later, coming back to Rodenburg House for our last night in SA, we felt like coming home where friends are waiting.
One day we plan to go back to SA and it is already decided we will stay in Rodenburg at least for a week. Actually, it is a pity to stay in this beautiful place less than a week. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Joanna

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 31 January 2011

My colleagues and I stayed for three nights and had one of our best experiences ever. We travel all over the world and the RFoodenburg Guest House ranks with the top accomodations in the world. We occupied the whole guest house and held our meetings on the premises. The service was exemplary, including providing additional meals, preparing cappucinos to start our busy days, and helping us navigate through Cape Town. The rooms and bathrooms are large and beautifully decorated and the included breakfast is wonderful. This will be my home away from home whenever I visit Cape Town for business or for pleasure.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Cape Town
Reviewed 28 January 2011

We stayed at this wonderful guest house for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day due to overcrowding in our own home and what a wonderful treat. It is like a hidden gem in the heart of Rondebosch and you would never know such a beautiful, peaceful retreat exists right off the busy main rd. The rooms are very beautiully done with gorgeous interior styling and wonderful attention to detail. Very classy and smart. There is a wonderful swimming pool as well as a well appointed bar. Even a gym! The breakfast was superb and the staff very friendly. I would very much recommend this guest house to any one be it for business or pleasure!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rondebosch
Southern Sun Newlands
#1 of 29 in Newlands
Sandown Lodge
Sandown Lodge
#6 of 20 in Rondebosch

Been to Roodenburg House? Share your experiences!