“Such an enjoyable atmosphere”
Review of Roodenburg House

Roodenburg House
Ranked #1 of 20 Rondebosch B&B and Inns
Cape Town
“Such an enjoyable atmosphere”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We recently held a function for a friend at the Roodenburg House and must say it was such a joy!

The staff were incredibly friendly and happy to assist with all our requests! The house is beautifully furnished and created the perfect setting for our function.

All in all a great find!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I arrived at Roodenburg after a 7 hour drive and was delighted the moment I walked into the entrance of Roodenberg with it's William Morris wallpaper. I was greeted by warm and friendly staff, David and Philip. I was shown my room which overlooked the pool area on the first floor. My room was beautiful with crisp cotton white bedlinen and beautiful classic decor. I was over the moon to have an electric blanket and a bath with the most divine bathroom 'smellies' and also dressing room. The fridge was well stocked and a selection of magazines to chill with. I had two hectic days in Cape Town but the position of Roodenburg made it very easy to find from the N2 and to get to wherever I needed to go over my weekend. And for future reference I will remember how close Roodenberg is to the airport. When I returned in the evenings the bed had been turned down with a chocolate on the pillow and in the morning Philip prepared a lovely healthy breakfast for me and very kindly brought me extra homemade fruit salad all served with a smile. Thank you to both David and Philip, I look forward to seeing you again on my next trip to Cape Town. I would highly recommend Roodenberg to family and friends alike.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Durbanville
Reviewed 12 August 2011

From the first phone call it was a pleasure working with the team at Roodenburg. It was the perfect venue for our National Sales and Marketing conference. Once there we did not have to travel as everything could be done right there; the conferencing, accomodation, breakfast, lunch and for dinner we only walked a few minutes to the restaurant down the road. Our delegates commented on our wonderful choice of venue, they felt treated: classic and stylish decor, luxurious rooms, tea and beautiful eats, a delicious and tasty breakfast with a memorable and beautifully served muesli, yougurt and fruit salad. David, Eleen and Phillip you were the perfect hosts!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
George
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Service is professional and friendly. The rooms are clean, cosy with a feeling of tranquility. We were served the best homely breakfast and were taken on some lovely sightseeing. Roodenburg House is centrally situated making it easy to even walk to the nearest pizza place. The reception is welcoming and warm and is a definite recommendation to anybody looking for value for money!

Room Tip: Every room is a good choice
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Marchand
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I enjoyed my stay so much I didnt want to leave! The service was proffesional and friendly. The rooms are tastefull and I felt at home right away. The food was so good I believe I gained some weight but believe me it was worthwhile. I would recommend this establishment to all my friends and family. Keep up the excellent service and thank you for a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Springbok, South Africa
Reviewed 25 June 2011

We have spent a couple of wonderful weekends in this beautiful guest house in the leafy southern suburbs and have always had a perfect experience. The staff are very helpful and are willing to go the extra mile to personalise your stay. We will certainly to coming back

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2011

This luxurious guest house is perfectly located; close to Newlands cricket ground, Kirstenbosch and minutes away from the business areas in Cape Town. The airport is easily accessible by motorway.
I found that the staff were not only friendly and helpful, but that attention is paid to even the smallest details such as the fruit served for breakfast and the home baked biscuits that came with a cup of tea. This was a delightful surprise, as was the grace with which my request for last-minute photocopying was done.
My very spacious room was tastefully decorated and lacked for nothing, I can certainly recommend it as a very romantic room for a honeymoon couple.

Room Tip: Room no 1 on the ground floor has an outside pato
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rondebosch
Southern Sun Newlands