Roodenburg House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$154
US$150
Hotels.com
Radisson RED Cape Town(Cape Town)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$70
US$124
US$109
Agoda.com
Protea Hotel Cape Town Mowbray(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$164
US$142
US$132
Agoda.com
All reviewscape townone nightwhite linensurprise visita real treatbusy streethonor barvery pleasant staythank you very muchthe location is perfectexcellent place to stayrooms are cleandefinitely stay here againlate at nightbreakfast was deliciousfruit saladbed and breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 November 2011

I had a great stay at the Roodenburg House and was sad to leave. I chose this place as it was near the Sport Sciences Institute where I had knee surgery. David, the establishment's manager, and his extremely friendly and accommodating team, did everything possible to make my post-op stay there easy, stress-free and super comfortable.

The guesthouse is a very nicely appointed and well maintained large house. I stayed in the downstairs suite, which is quite roomy, fully furnished with elegant but inviting chairs, a nice desk, armoire, a large very comfortable bed, and colorful, tasteful drapery. There is also a good quality flat screen television with a DVD player, free hi-speed internet, a fireplace, and the room opens to a small private garden patio. The bathroom is large and matches the room in being luxuriously outfitted.

I highly recommend the Roodenburg House for anyone looking to stay in the Southern Suburbs of the Cape Town area.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 October 2011

I have had the pleasure to stay at Roodenburg House on three occasions and hope to return again. It is a lovely old house that has been beautifully restored. The decor is immaculate and tasteful and I love the Roodeburg Room on the ground floor with its lovely private garden and the Paisley room upstairs with the wonderful view of the mountain. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and have delightful bathrooms. The breakfasts are delicious and healthy and for me an added bonus was the welcome cappucino after a hard days work (thank you Philip!). The warm and friendly staff are undoutedly the jewel in Roodeburg House's crown. David and Philip are both warm and hospitable and attend to your every need in a friendly yet professional manner and Judy is a gracious owner and hostess. It is most conveient for the University and the city and I hope to be back for another visit. Thank you to all the staff.

Room Tip: The Roodenburg Room is luxurious and spacious with a lovely bathroom and the private garden is a bonus and the Paisley Room has a wonderful view of the mountain.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Davidhncapetown, Manager at Roodenburg House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2011

Thank you for your kind words ..we hope you visit again soon ...Warm Wishes David and Staff

Reviewed 30 September 2011

I have stayed at this wonderful "home away from home", several times...and have never found it wanting! In terms of staff, facilities, cleanliness, helpfulness and general wonderful amenities! I would not hesitate to recommend Roodenburg House to any fellow traveller! The rates are competitive, the location excellent - with a great Italian pizzeria a block away, the highway 5 minutes away and the mountain within view always! What more can one ask for?
Michelle Brown

Room Tip: any of the rooms are divine!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We recently held a function for a friend at the Roodenburg House and must say it was such a joy!

The staff were incredibly friendly and happy to assist with all our requests! The house is beautifully furnished and created the perfect setting for our function.

All in all a great find!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I arrived at Roodenburg after a 7 hour drive and was delighted the moment I walked into the entrance of Roodenberg with it's William Morris wallpaper. I was greeted by warm and friendly staff, David and Philip. I was shown my room which overlooked the pool area on the first floor. My room was beautiful with crisp cotton white bedlinen and beautiful classic decor. I was over the moon to have an electric blanket and a bath with the most divine bathroom 'smellies' and also dressing room. The fridge was well stocked and a selection of magazines to chill with. I had two hectic days in Cape Town but the position of Roodenburg made it very easy to find from the N2 and to get to wherever I needed to go over my weekend. And for future reference I will remember how close Roodenberg is to the airport. When I returned in the evenings the bed had been turned down with a chocolate on the pillow and in the morning Philip prepared a lovely healthy breakfast for me and very kindly brought me extra homemade fruit salad all served with a smile. Thank you to both David and Philip, I look forward to seeing you again on my next trip to Cape Town. I would highly recommend Roodenberg to family and friends alike.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends