Roodenburg House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Vineyard Hotel(Newlands)
View Hotel
Protea Hotel Cape Town Mowbray(Cape Town Central)
  • Restaurant
All reviewscape townone nightwhite linensurprise visita real treatbusy streethonor barvery pleasant staythank you very muchthe location is perfectexcellent place to stayrooms are cleandefinitely stay here againlate at nightbreakfast was deliciousfruit saladbed and breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I travel to South Africa every couple of months for work, and the last few times (3-4 times at least), I have stayed at the Roodenburg House. This is a lovely guesthouse that combines the comfort of a well-run hotel with the charm of a relaxing stay with good friends.
The location is great, and the staff are warm and helpful. I have enjoyed more than a few cups of coffee with David (the manager), who is never too busy for a friendly chat or for ensuring my needs are met. The breakfast is very good as well!
I must also mention the first time I stayed at the Guesthouse in September-October 2011 (for a month), I developed a throat infection that left me with high fever. David at the time accompanied me to the doctor and ensured that my recovery was easily managed. This is not something that 'hotels' are known for. And for me, the Roodenburg House is definitely more than just a hotel! Look forward to returning again in the near future...

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Davidhncapetown, Manager at Roodenburg House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

Wishing you all the very best over the festive period and hope you will spend time with your family inbetween you busy shedule. Thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2012

Thanks to Manager David and his team for the great stay at Roodenburg House.
Rooms are very nice and clean, the service is excellent. Especially the dinner which you can order on demand had been perfectly cooked by Eileen.
For sure I will stay at Roodenburg House again on the occasion of my next business trip in ZA.

Joachim

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We spent three days here. It's very convenient to Cape Town. The rooms are elegant and comfortable; the management is very accommodating. The breakfasts are excellent - I gained weight. We were there in the late fall, so didn't take advantage of the enclosed patio off our room. The only negative is that there are several Camp Ground Roads in Rondebosch, and the GPS steered us in the wrong direction the first time.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I recently had the good fortune to stay in the most delightful guest house in Cape Town. The rooms were luxurious, very clean and extremely comfortable. They cater to your every need and add their personal touch to make you feel at home. The staff are so friendly and are always available to help,no matter what your request.The manager, David goes out of his way to arrange tours, massages,shopping for special items and anything else you may require.
I would not hesitate to recommend Roodenburg House and cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: Facing the mountain or having a small garden were some of my favorite rooms. Every room is different and all very beautiful.I saw them all.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Firstly the location is very central, easy access to downtown, Muizenburg and airport. Felt very safe during my daily walks in the neighbourhood. I was there for 3 weeks and cannot say enough about the excellence of every aspect of Roodenburg. Room was fabulous, staff are more obliging than I have come across in any 5 star hotel, breakfast was amazing & actually they will arrange to have whatever one wants. The living room area is so warm and inviting, it is quiet and so comfortable but the TV is available at all times if you want to watch & there is also TV in the rooms. The pool area is charming with a gorgeous view of the mountain and a feeling of serenity.
The house itself is very tastefully decorated but at the same time it has a sense of warmth and welcome that I truly felt & loved. I will be back there next year because of the welcome and excellent service as well as the privacy & comfort. I will definitely recommend Roodenburg to any and evryone who is visiting Cape Town. Thanks to David and his amazing staff for being such a huge part of the success of my holiday!

Room Tip: I had Birds Of Paradise room and loved it. It is spacious and bright and has a very nice bathroom.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo