“Meat undercooked”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
“Meat undercooked”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I visited twice in March and both times our steaks were undercooked. We always ask for Medium, and both times it was more rare than medium rare. The cow was still mooing!! When we informed the waitress about the meat she had a terrible attitude and I was scared to eat it when it got back, she looked like the kind of person who would do something behind the scenes...!! She also kept insisting on us getting more wine. We took a bottle of red wine in with us, and it was enough. We even told her 3 times that we don't want more, but she kept insisting on us looking at the wine menu. I know it's her job to sell, but there's a line...

Visited March 2014

Newcastle, United Kingdom
“First expierence”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

On our recent trip to Cape Town from the UK we were taken to this restaurant by my daughter and her husband. Our arrival we were greeted by friendly staff and shown to our table. As she had a discount voucher our options weren't that plentiful but sufficient. We ordered our steaks and were given a choice of either spinach or butternut but as the steak was accompanied with stir fry vegetables we asked if we could forsake the vegetables and have both spinach and butternut instead, this was denied and we ended up sharing from each other. The blue cheese sauce that I ordered was disappointing. On the whole the meal wasn't too bad but I must admit that I have been to better steak houses. In all fairness on our next visit back to SA we will go back and order a steak from the meat that is hung (visible to the eye) in the glass cases. Hopefully I will be able to say we had a good steak then and I hope that stir fry vegetables is no longer accompanied with it and a choice of both spinach & butternut is available.

• Visited May 2014
Cape Town
“Excellent Meal, Service, Ambiance”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Service was excellent by both the waiter and waitron.
Manager was a hands on guy. He went around to every table and conversed with the patrons. Very friendly guy, with excellent people skills.

Food was quite awesome. My table sampled the ribs, steak and prawns. Food was prepared quite eloquently, grilled to perfection and served with pride!

We enjoyed the meal. Real value for money.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Samuel C
“Meat lovers ahoi”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Had we read some of the most recent reviews, we probably wouldn't have come here. Sometimes, ignorance is bliss as otherwise we would have missed out on this place. I split the mixed grill plate with a friend (seriously, I can‘t deal with about 500 gr of meat all by myself). And the flambeed Chateaubriand makes for quite the spectacle when being served. All in all, the food was plentiful and very good, staff was welcoming, friendly and helpful and I would go back there without hesitance.

Visited April 2014
“slap on the face food”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The food of all 4 was not good,average. The potato wedges tasted bad.Like old potato that was warmed up. The chicken tasteless. The blue cheese sauce tasted more like flour than cheese.
The chicken cordon Bleu very dry. One side burned.
The waiters more interested in one anothers company than serving

• Visited April 2014